PDA

View Full Version : Question Michael Phelps

Randerson_4
14-08-2008, 09:18 PM
what does everyone make of this guy?

personally I think hes pheonomenal. To win so many Golds, smashing so many world records in the process, all at the tender age of 23 is quite remarkable

Seems like a decent, honest, hard-working athlete whos unbelievably good at what he does

:thumbsup:

Nando™
14-08-2008, 10:09 PM

personally I think hes pheonomenal. To win so many Golds, smashing so many world records in the process, all at the tender age of 23 is quite remarkable

Seems like a decent, honest, hard-working athlete whos unbelievably good at what he does

23!? **** me.

That's impressive, I take it he'll be going to London 2012 aswell.....

Ed De Gramo
14-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Thinks he's a fantastic athlete :agree:

Sure i read somewhere that he had ADHD and was bullied at school.....he's an inspiration and shows that you can do it if you put your mind to it :agree::agree:

Don't reallt get excited about American sports stars....but Phelps is the exception :agree:

Gatecrasher
15-08-2008, 09:01 AM

:agree:

he is an actual legend.

NYHibby
16-08-2008, 01:00 AM
I take it he'll be going to London 2012 aswell.....

Yeah, he's on the record saying that 2012 will be his last olympics. He said he doesn't want to pull a Dara Torres.

Calvin
16-08-2008, 02:15 AM
That was exhilirating! I can't believe Phelps won that. The mark f the best ever IMO, winning from that kind of 50m defecit. Wow. The best finish I've ever seen.

Speedy
16-08-2008, 02:15 AM
Only won by 0.01 seconds and didn't even get a world record.

:wink:

Calvin
16-08-2008, 02:17 AM
Only won by 0.01 seconds and didn't even get a world record.

:wink:
Aye, the guy's gash :greengrin

Calvin
16-08-2008, 02:25 AM
So is Adlington :agree:

H18sry
16-08-2008, 09:08 AM
So is Adlington :agree:

Adlington is what:confused: a gash guy :wink:

Sir David Gray
16-08-2008, 08:27 PM
I heard yesterday that he has double jointed ankles which helps him get maximum thrust in the water, so he's really cheating! :greengrin

Seriously, he is a fantastic athlete who is doing unbelievable things in Beijing and although he's not British, I genuinely hope he gets his 8 medals. His final race is tomorrow in the 4x100m medley relay.

I also heard that he eats around 12,000 calories a day, which is 6 times the amount that the average adult male is supposed to take!

NaeTechnoHibby
16-08-2008, 09:39 PM
I heard yesterday that he has double jointed ankles which helps him get maximum thrust in the water, so he's really cheating! :greengrin

Seriously, he is a fantastic athlete who is doing unbelievable things in Beijing and although he's not British, I genuinely hope he gets his 8 medals. His final race is tomorrow in the 4x100m medley relay.

I also heard that he eats around 12,000 calories a day, which is 6 times the amount that the average adult male is supposed to take!

He's quite brilliant to be honest :thumbsup:

As is Addlington :agree:

LustForLeith
18-08-2008, 08:55 PM

Sky Sports wre at the cafe place he goes to and he has at least 3000 calories for his breakfast! It's like a big massive fry up then cookies.

Thats my kind of sportsman!