PDA

View Full Version : Easter Road Vs East Calder on Saturday.

Jack
11-08-2008, 04:55 PM
This is more 'from the game' rather than 'to the game' ….

The in-laws family BBQ is next Saturday, starts at 2 o’clock , I must be there :bitchy:.

Needless to say I’ve already got minus points for saying I’ll be at Easter Road and will be a tad late. :greengrin

I hope someone can help me.

I need to know the fastest way to get there and I cant drive as I’ll be drinking. Forget a taxi / helicopter, I’m no millionaire and / or too tight!

Ideally someone in the same predicament, who lives in the area, with a high power motorbike (blue lights optional :greengrin ) is out there but I have my doubts. Even more unlikely is someone with a time machine – they would have got in touch yesterday!

[I’m going to regret saying this but ….] All suggestions welcome :agree:.

Jay
11-08-2008, 06:54 PM
This is more 'from the game' rather than 'to the game' ….

The in-laws family BBQ is next Saturday, starts at 2 o’clock , I must be there :bitchy:.

Needless to say I’ve already got minus points for saying I’ll be at Easter Road and will be a tad late. :greengrin

I hope someone can help me.

I need to know the fastest way to get there and I cant drive as I’ll be drinking. Forget a taxi / helicopter, I’m no millionaire and / or too tight!

Ideally someone in the same predicament, who lives in the area, with a high power motorbike (blue lights optional :greengrin ) is out there but I have my doubts. Even more unlikely is someone with a time machine – they would have got in touch yesterday!

[I’m going to regret saying this but ….] All suggestions welcome :agree:.

You can get the train to Kirknewton at 25 past the hour - if you run :greengrin or get a taxi you would make the 5.25pm train to Kirknewton (Glasgow train - usually platform 14ish) which will get you in just before 6pm the next train gets you to Kirknewton just before seven. Its a 15 minute walk down or surely someone could pick you up? If you are struggling I am pretty sure we will be on the 6.25pm train home and my hubby picks us up - we can drop you off as we live in East Calder.

LALthehibeeGAL
11-08-2008, 07:22 PM
You can get the train to Kirknewton at 25 past the hour - if you run :greengrin or get a taxi you would make the 5.25pm train to Kirknewton (Glasgow train - usually platform 14ish) which will get you in just before 6pm the next train gets you to Kirknewton just before seven. Its a 15 minute walk down or surely someone could pick you up? If you are struggling I am pretty sure we will be on the 6.25pm train home and my hubby picks us up - we can drop you off as we live in East Calder.

We usually have that prediciment first game of season family BBQ in Mid Calder (it was last saturday 9 August so we managed to arrive on time for a change)

We come back to E/C but usually a full car - might have one spare seat - but Jill's train dash sounds more fun to me!!

Cheers

Lal:wink:

DaveF
12-08-2008, 12:00 PM
You have no chance Jack.

The train will be full and the buses are never on time (if they come at all).

At least, that's what I tell my wife when I roll in at 9pm on a matchday :greengrin

Jack
12-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Thanks so far folks :thumbsup:

And for the benefit of Spamheid when I do get to EC I’ll put my scarf in my pocket :agree:

PS Dont know why the OP came up in bold :dunno:

Jay
12-08-2008, 12:30 PM
You have no chance Jack.

The train will be full and the buses are never on time (if they come at all).

At least, that's what I tell my wife when I roll in at 9pm on a matchday :greengrin

Aye they only let woman and kids on the early ones right enough :greengrin

oh and fat yams - met a few of them on the way home after derbys!