PDA

View Full Version : David Coulthard/British GP

Gatecrasher
05-07-2008, 10:08 PM
DC is retiring at the end of the F1 season, despite what others may think i would say he has a good career :agree:

The qualifying for the GP tomorrow was exiting, Good luck lewis hamilton and hope Mclaren kick ass :greengrin

and as from 2010 the GP will be at donnington, IMO thats a big mistake but iv also read that they will be doing big things with donnington for the GP going there

HibbyScott
05-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Coulthard is officially the 6th highest points scorer in F1 HISTORY IIRC

Can't argue with the stats. A very very good career from DC, sorry to see him go. The driver who got me interested in F1 so much that I hopefully want to make a career out of working in it

Gatecrasher
05-07-2008, 11:34 PM

Can't argue with the stats. A very very good career from DC, sorry to see him go. The driver who got me interested in F1 so much that I hopefully want to make a career out of working in it

how so?

Scouse Hibee
06-07-2008, 10:35 AM

That's because he's been trying since 94 to win a championship. :faf::faf::faf::faf:

Gatecrasher
06-07-2008, 10:09 PM
lewis done well, i hope he goes on and wins the championship now :thumbsup:

Toaods
08-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Ferarri technicians made an arse of it - Massa'a the best driver out there for my quid.:thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
08-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Ferarri technicians made an arse of it - Massa'a the best driver out there for my quid.:thumbsup:

thats when he can actually manage to stay on the track :cool2:

HibbyScott
08-07-2008, 10:38 PM
how so?

Doing Aeronautical Engineering at Uni with a view to getting into the Aerodynamics side of things

New Corrie
09-07-2008, 11:45 AM
DC is retiring at the end of the F1 season, despite what others may think i would say he has a good career :agree:

The qualifying for the GP tomorrow was exiting, Good luck lewis hamilton and hope Mclaren kick ass :greengrin

and as from 2010 the GP will be at donnington, IMO thats a big mistake but iv also read that they will be doing big things with donnington for the GP going there

I would have to say he's been the luckiest man in F1 history. Given the equipment, backing and the amount of starts he's had, I don't reckon his record makes good reading at all. The one thing I will say in his favour is that he's now (at long last) accepting that he makes mistakes. We no longer have to listen to him whinging about residue oil from supporting races being the reason that he's spun off. At least the regular spectacle of DC wheelspinning aimlessly in the gravel is soon to be history.

Gatecrasher
09-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Doing Aeronautical Engineering at Uni with a view to getting into the Aerodynamics side of things

cool, good luck with that, its hard to think those things could get any more Aerodynamic :greengrin

Gatecrasher
14-07-2008, 08:47 PM
I would have to say he's been the luckiest man in F1 history. Given the equipment, backing and the amount of starts he's had, I don't reckon his record makes good reading at all. The one thing I will say in his favour is that he's now (at long last) accepting that he makes mistakes. We no longer have to listen to him whinging about residue oil from supporting races being the reason that he's spun off. At least the regular spectacle of DC wheelspinning aimlessly in the gravel is soon to be history.

i think any driver would struggle to compete with the like of schumacher,

despite being up probably the best driver the world has seen he still has had a good F1 career. if you check any drivers that came through with MS you will find the coulthard has one of the best.

http://www.davidcoulthardf1.com/dcinfo.html

notorious
18-07-2008, 10:35 PM

Massa is immense on some tracks but awful on others, struggles at times without the traction control IMO.