PDA

View Full Version : Come over for Intertotocup in Sweden?

HibsSweden
23-05-2008, 12:25 PM
It looks like Hibs will play former swedish champions Elfsborg at Borås Arena in the IntertotoCup in July. The date has not yet been finalized, but it most likely gonna be either the 12th or the 13th of July.

Borås is only 40 minutes away from Gothenburg and it's easy and quite cheap to get here by Ryan Air from Prestwick.

Anyone interested in coming over?

If the interest is good, the new Hibs Scandinavia Supporter Club is looking to arrange a pre-party the night before the game and a bustransfer that takes us from Gothenburg to a matchpub in Borås and then to the ground.

Pls. send me an email if you're interested in coming over. My address is jerry@gronsvartgbg.se

We can also help you out in finding nice hotels or b&b's

//Dodgy Jerry

BS44
23-05-2008, 03:12 PM
It looks like Hibs will play former swedish champions Elfsborg at Borås Arena in the IntertotoCup in July. The date has not yet been finalized, but it most likely gonna be either the 12th or the 13th of July.

Borås is only 40 minutes away from Gothenburg and it's easy and quite cheap to get here by Ryan Air from Prestwick.

Anyone interested in coming over?

If the interest is good, the new Hibs Scandinavia Supporter Club is looking to arrange a pre-party the night before the game and a bustransfer that takes us from Gothenburg to a matchpub in Borås and then to the ground.

Pls. send me an email if you're interested in coming over. My address is jerry@gronsvartgbg.se

We can also help you out in finding nice hotels or b&b's

//Dodgy Jerry

The names of the cheap boozers in Gotenburg would be appreciated.

HibsSweden
23-05-2008, 06:31 PM
The one and only pub to go to the night before is The Dubliners in the city centre. We'll sort out some kind of pintdeal, arrange an old Hibs game to be shown at the big screen and of course play the right tunes in the soundsystem.

A very nice pub would also be 7:ans Ölhall (just across the road from The Dubliner).

Best would be if as many Hibees as possible could go to the same place...

monktonharp
23-05-2008, 09:21 PM
sounds like a good deal for any going,wont be myself but well done to you guys over there.:thumbsup:

marinello59
23-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Will you lot shut up or the spontaneous romantic weekend away that I am planning for Mrs M59 is going to seem even less of a coincidence.:grr:

monktonharp
23-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Will you lot shut up or the spontaneous romantic weekend away that I am planning for Mrs M59 is going to seem even less of a coincidence.:grr:wont mention it to her if i meet her in the cavendish tommorow:thumbsup:

Currie-Cabbage
24-05-2008, 09:49 PM
There will be a lot of Hibbies in Gothenburg the night before the game :thumbsup:

It would be good to get a suitable meeting place and cheap beer is a good start:wink:

See you there HibsSweden!

HibsSweden
26-05-2008, 08:50 AM
I'd be happy to see ye over a bunch of pints that weekend!

This will also be a brilliant opportunity for the Hibs Scandinavia Crew to recruit new members within Sweden.

Tiocfaidh Ar La
03-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Myself and my mate are booked up. Staying in First G hotel.

Be bouncin'.:flag::party::scarf:

Hail, Hail the Hibs are here!!!

SunshineOnLeith
13-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Now that the price of flights has dropped, I'm tempted to make the trip, where might I go about finding a cheap place to stay in Gothenburg?

Albanian Hibs
17-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Does anyone know if there is a bus service from Gothenburg City Airport to Boras direct? Have tried looking on various websites including the main arport one and couldn't se anything

Slicer
18-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Does anyone know if there is a bus service from Gothenburg City Airport to Boras direct? Have tried looking on various websites including the main arport one and couldn't se anything

There's info up on the official site front page regarding the Intertoto game. "Intertoto Cup Travel Information".

Depends on which airport you are flying to.

HSC

Riz
18-06-2008, 02:36 PM
I think I may very well be up for this .... altho my girlfriend leaves for Dubia on the 18th so I dont know how Im gonna pull it off? hmmm

Chuckie
19-06-2008, 06:42 PM
I think I may very well be up for this .... altho my girlfriend leaves for Dubia on the 18th so I dont know how Im gonna pull it off? hmmm

Do you need instructions at your age?

steviemanly
20-06-2008, 12:05 PM
:bye: HI GUY'S BOOKED MY TRIP TO SWEDEN,FLY ON SAT MORNING 09.10 BACK MON AFTERNOON 17.10, £88 RYANAIR INC TAXES.ONLY TROUBLE SEEMS TO BE GETTING TO AND FROM PRESTWICK FROM EDINBURGH ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS OR IS ANYONE ELSE GOING OR COMING BACK SAMES TIMES.

Albanian Hibs
20-06-2008, 12:39 PM
:bye: HI GUY'S BOOKED MY TRIP TO SWEDEN,FLY ON SAT MORNING 09.10 BACK MON AFTERNOON 17.10, £88 RYANAIR INC TAXES.ONLY TROUBLE SEEMS TO BE GETTING TO AND FROM PRESTWICK FROM EDINBURGH ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS OR IS ANYONE ELSE GOING OR COMING BACK SAMES TIMES.

Theres a bus (X100) that leaves Waverley Bridge at 3.30am on the Saturday morning which takes you to Prestwick Airport. It takes 2 hours and costs £12 each way. Thats how we are getting there! Should be interesting at that time of the morning :greengrin

steviemanly
20-06-2008, 12:43 PM
THANKS MOGGA WILL LOOK INTO IT PROBABLY SEE YA ON BOARD:thumbsup:

HibbyDave
23-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Just noticed their prices have gone back to around £260 return for Fri-Sun:grr:

Lucky I booked early and gambled that the Swedes would Hump the Fisherman:greengrin

Sweden here we come.
GGTTH:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Riz
23-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Do you need instructions at your age?

no mate, I just need permission :)

Albanian Hibs
23-06-2008, 01:58 PM
THANKS MOGGA WILL LOOK INTO IT PROBABLY SEE YA ON BOARD:thumbsup:

remember to bring some :cheers: it's going to be a long day :greengrin

Riz
23-06-2008, 02:15 PM
sorry people to be so terribly lazy but whats the date of the flight that most are taking and what hotels etc, Im gonna get some doe together to go over, ... whats everyone plans? Also, if anyone wants to come over to Glasgow the day before then head to Prestwick from here with a clear if not slightly hung over head then I can get a lift etc sorted ... just a thought, but whats most people doing?

HibsSweden
23-06-2008, 10:51 PM
All right! If you haven't noticed already, here's some more info regarding the bustrip from Gothenburg to Borås on matchday, which will be arranged by The HibeesBounce and GAIS supporterclub.

The bus will leave from Gothenburg at 11:45 and we'll meet up at The Dubliner just before 11:00. The price is 150 SEK (13,50) return for adults. Children under 16 yrs of age is F.O.C. In Borås we'll go to a pub for food and pre-match drinks before the game and also post-match drinks after the game. The bus will be back i Gothenburg around 20:30-21:00.

If your interested to come along and get a seat on one of the buses, pls send a PM to Mark at the hibeesbounce.com (nickname "1875") who will be organising the bustrip together with me.

GGTTH,

//Jerry

Riz
24-06-2008, 02:41 AM
.... is there any buses going from Edinburgh? Just a thought

Albanian Hibs
24-06-2008, 06:40 PM
sorry people to be so terribly lazy but whats the date of the flight that most are taking and what hotels etc, Im gonna get some doe together to go over, ... whats everyone plans? Also, if anyone wants to come over to Glasgow the day before then head to Prestwick from here with a clear if not slightly hung over head then I can get a lift etc sorted ... just a thought, but whats most people doing?

3 of us are on the Sat morning flight out of Prestwick with Ryanair. We are coming back to Prestwick on the Mon afternoon. We have booked into the Ibis Gothenburg Lerum Hotel which is just outside the centre of Gothenburg. A room for for 2 nights is costing us about £45 pp.

Riz
24-06-2008, 06:50 PM
sounds good mate, Im gonna look into that ....

james62
24-06-2008, 10:02 PM
3 of us are on the Sat morning flight out of Prestwick with Ryanair. We are coming back to Prestwick on the Mon afternoon. We have booked into the Ibis Gothenburg Lerum Hotel which is just outside the centre of Gothenburg. A room for for 2 nights is costing us about £45 pp.

It's 18km from the centre of Gothenburg, my mate booked the wrong hotel and is in there as well.

HibsSweden
25-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Lerum is a suburb to Gothenburg - approx 20 min away - but you'll easily get in to the towncenter by train.

Albanian Hibs
25-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Lerum is a suburb to Gothenburg - approx 20 min away - but you'll easily get in to the towncenter by train.

:agree: there is a train station close to the hotel. 18km is no problem what so ever.

steviemanly
26-06-2008, 11:07 AM
HI HIBSSWEDEN
ANY IDEAS FOR ALL THE BOYS WHO ARRIVE AT GOTH ON SAT AT 11.55 YOUR BUS IS A GREAT IDEA,BUT WE ARE ALL TOILING ON SAT TO GET TO THE GAME, AS EVERYTHING IS SO EXPENSIVE,NEED TO KEEP MONEY FOR THE PARTY.

:thumbsup: :panic: :flag:

Hibby D
27-06-2008, 09:47 PM
HI HIBSSWEDEN
ANY IDEAS FOR ALL THE BOYS WHO ARRIVE AT GOTH ON SAT AT 11.55 YOUR BUS IS A GREAT IDEA,BUT WE ARE ALL TOILING ON SAT TO GET TO THE GAME, AS EVERYTHING IS SO EXPENSIVE,NEED TO KEEP MONEY FOR THE PARTY.

:thumbsup: :panic: :flag:

We're hiring a car between 5 of us - seems about the quickest way to do things :agree:

28-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Stevie

I am organising the buses in Sweden with Jerry. We had a post on the bounce for a bus collecting from the airport when the Prestwick flight came in. We got no responses at all to the offer to do this?

You will also appreciate we organised the buses back in May immediately we knew we were in the Intertoto and 50 or so Hibs fans had booked up, paying a lot more than the price those schiesters at Ryanair then reduced the flight prices to.

If you can arrange to get 35 folk to jump on the bus at the airport, we will be happy to have the bus pick you all up? It would have to be 150 to 200 kroner a head to cover the bus costs and the fact someone would have to give up their hard end 'party time' to come up and collect you all, missing the party we are arranging in Boras.

We are offering 100 Kroner single fares back from Boras after the game too.

If its something you think you can help with, add your comments on the bounce thread Bus to Elfsborg Hibs (http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/general-hibs-chat/71864-bounce-intl-buses-gothenburg-boras-update-27th-june-2008-a.html)

Albanian Hibs
03-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Does anyone know of any cheapish (around £60 a night) hotels that are still available for both the Sat and Sun? We were originally booked into the Ibis which was 18km from Gothenburg, but one of our group has now cancelled and we have decided to stay closer to or even in the city centre if poss. Have searched for the last couple of days now with no luck unless we want to sleep in a 15 bed dorm room (which may be our last resort :boo hoo:).

Riz
03-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Is there any buses leaving from Edinburgh? Then onto the ferry etc?

mrwolf
03-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Hello guys,

If you need to know anything about Sweden or the game just let me know as i live in Gothenburg.

The aeroport is located in Landvetter which is 20 mins by bus to Gothenburg. If you take the other direction you will reach the city of Borås, the home town of IF Elfsborg and where the game will be played. It will be played on artifical turf.

There is ATM machines and currency excange at the Aeroport. If you plan to stay over the night, i recomend that you stay in Gothenburg as it has more to offer and is also second town of Sweden.

By the way do you know if my country fellow Benji and Zemmama will play?

Hope you enjoy your stay and game

usefull link is http://www.goteborg.com/default.aspx?id=528

Ps if you come by Ryan Air then you will be arriving to the aeroport of Save, which is 20 mins from Gothenburg and approx 1,5 hrs from Borås

03-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Mrwolf, we have around 25 Swedish GAIS and Hibs fans coming to the game, will you be coming along?