PDA

View Full Version : Arthur v Guzman: seating plan for Meadowbank

Toaods
06-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Anyone actually bought their ticket yet?

If so......how is the seating being sorted in terms of the different prices???

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Anyone actually bought their ticket yet?

If so......how is the seating being sorted in terms of the different prices???

Why was it shifted back to Meadowbank? I seem to remember him making a big thing about Meadowbank not being big enough?

Toaods
08-04-2008, 11:59 PM
you're not up to speed with the schedule are you.

You'll be telling us it will be another dull fight again..............:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2008, 07:31 PM
you're not up to speed with the schedule are you.

You'll be telling us it will be another dull fight again..............:wink:

Not up with it at all. :greengrin

And for the record I've never said any fight will be dull, just massively overpriced. At least this one is a proper World title fight. :wink:

Anyway why is it at Meadowbank?

Toaods
10-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Not up with it at all. :greengrin

And for the record I've never said any fight will be dull, just massively overpriced. At least this one is a proper World title fight. :wink:

Anyway why is it at Meadowbank?

great atmosphere.........I like it........would be a major howler if you had a summer sell out at Edinburgh Castle/ ER and the guy never turned up as he is suspect at.

I went down for 3 tickets tonight.. Me , the B-in-law and HIbbyAndy.

Hope naebody's in our seats or there'll be another major pagar......:take that:take that:take that

H18sry
11-04-2008, 11:27 AM
great atmosphere.........I like it........would be a major howler if you had a summer sell out at Edinburgh Castle/ ER and the guy never turned up as he is suspect at.

I went down for 3 tickets tonight.. Me , the B-in-law andHIbbyAndy.

Hope naebody's in our seats or there'll be another major pagar......:take that:take that:take that

I thought he had fallen of the face of the earth :devil:

leither17
11-04-2008, 06:01 PM

I went down for 3 tickets tonight.. Me , the B-in-law and HIbbyAndy.

how much are the tickets?

Toaods
12-04-2008, 10:23 AM
how much are the tickets?

I went down to Meadowbank as Frank Warren's website said their £50 tickets had gone. My recollection is:

£40 - open seating on the tiered seats(our preferred viewing height)

£50 floor - flat surface

£75 - closer

£100 - few rows to the side of the ring, where the boxers will likely enter along/do post fight interviews.

£150 - Prime seats, ringside.

There are £40 seats in the poorer floor areas.

nb: no ticket charge if paying cash at M'Bank.
The poster stated 7 fights lined up:

Arthur obviously

Kenny Anderson - we know of him from the Olympics of course.

Ricky Burns - good value fighter

Vinnie Mitchell - good prospect Dagenham fighter, younger brother of Kevin Mitchell who's making a big name for himself. SAw Vinnie on Setanta fighting on the undercard at York Hall when his bro was headlining, he's inexperienced and walked onto a big hook from a welsh lad but managed to recover and come back to win- smaller but never stops coming forward.

I'm not really a follower of grass roots level boxing but I think the first fight is the young kid from Edinburgh??

Toaods
12-04-2008, 10:26 AM
I thought he had fallen of the face of the earth :devil:

he's been having trouble changing provider -- some problem with acquiring a transfer validation number or something like that.

He hopes to get it all sorted soon

cabbageandribs1875
12-04-2008, 08:48 PM
i notice setanta are showing this :thumbsup::cool2:

duncs
13-04-2008, 01:12 AM
Does anyone have a website with all the info for the fights etc and where to get tickets?

Toaods
13-04-2008, 10:56 AM
i notice setanta are showing this :thumbsup::cool2:

they are- but the atmosphere on the night is far better......the build up is something else, although to be fair, last time out it went up a few notches when Ricky Hatton came in - first UK appearance after the Mayweather fight I think.

Does anyone have a website with all the info for the fights etc and where to get tickets?

Reception at Meadowbank have some printed seating plans in a Menu type display on their counters. Just nip downn there. Only other option I can see is by using Frank warrens website(no plan and may get a booking fee added):

http://www.frankwarren.tv/drill/index.php

Toaods
22-04-2008, 06:52 PM
With this being a Frank Warren /Setanta production - I'll suggest Calzaghe will appear with his belts next Saturday(like Hatton done last time)........:wink:

bingo70
24-04-2008, 02:21 PM
the fights off!

will be breaking news shortly, apparently something to do with guzman having problems obtaining a visa.

Seem to remember LustforLeith saying a while ago that Guzman would pull out last minute to be replaced by a Michael Gomez rematch :hmmm:

bingo70
24-04-2008, 06:01 PM
http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headlines//EkpApuFkklVCETInKX.html

hopefully he gets everything sorted :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
24-04-2008, 06:13 PM
http://news.google.co.uk/news?hl=en&q=alex%20arthur%20guzman&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wn

seems Arthur has been awarded the belt. The stories won't show tho.

PC Stamp
25-04-2008, 04:42 PM
http://news.google.co.uk/news?hl=en&q=alex%20arthur%20guzman&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wn

seems Arthur has been awarded the belt. The stories won't show tho.

New date being arranged according to BBC.

creebo1875
26-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Right, before i start i want everyone to know that i want Alex to win and was at his last 2 fights supporting him and the other Scottish boxers coming through.

But for some reason i just dont have a good feeling about this one, His last couple of fights he hasn't exactly been convincing and he regularly doses off and lets the other fighter back in. Dont get me wrong i think he is a great boxer who, when on his night is a great technical fighter who has the power to back it up. Sometimes though he lacks concentration and against a decent fighter in Guzman he may just get caught out. I think what the Crowd and the boxing world need is for Alex to come out, fight his fight and dominate Guzman and well and truly beat him, so there is no doubt in anyones mind who the winner is. I dont mean come out all guns blazing and get caught, just take your time,stick and move and wait for the right moment to strike.

Sometimes as fans i think we always expect the perfect win, but against a guy like guzman, Alex is going to have to be patient and pick his moves sensibly and in the end we will see if it works for him.