PDA

View Full Version : Grand National Tips.

The cooler king
05-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Given a clear round, this one time favourite for the Sun Alliance, Comply or Die, will be hard to beat.

:agree:

18/03/07
05-04-2008, 09:12 AM
mcoys got to win this race sometime,butlers cabin

The cooler king
05-04-2008, 09:14 AM
mcoys got to win this race sometime,butlers cabin

im having a bit of that each way.

joe breezy
05-04-2008, 09:18 AM
It's like a roulette machine this.

There seems to be a big slice of luck but I've put a few £2 e/w bets and will see what happens.

Backbeat as I wanted a big outsider, just in case
Dargent
Turku
Philson Run
Point Barrow
Comply or Die

Been reading lots of tips and guides and these seem reasonable, then again it could be Butlers Cabin or the Cloudy one

The whole sham reminds of why I don't bet on horses but as it's a big race thought best to have a bit of interest

davym7062
05-04-2008, 09:51 AM
like comply or die but john francome tipped it on the morning line:brickwall has he ever tipped a winner? for all the inside info he must get he never gives a decent tip:brickwall

with frankie winning his 1st ever derby last year can mccoy win his 1st ever national? will have a small wager just incase.

backbeat at a big price for a place:thumbsup:

GC
05-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Slim Pickings.

Cabbage East
05-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Comply or Die for a number of reasons.

Ally
05-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Here's my view...

Price seems to be drifting now on cloudy lane, I don't think it can last the trip plus there is still no real value in backing it. McCoy should win this sometime but not this year, Butler's Cabin won't cope with the hurdles too well. Hedgehunter must still have something in him or Ruby wouldn't be riding him again but I think he is just carrying too much weight, maybe an E/W shout. I'm backing Comply or Die, can definetely carry the trip and can jump well, also started using blinkers which should be beneficial. For an outside chance I'm going for Madison du Berl at 66/1, I'm a fan of Scudamore and although the horse is young it has lots of experience.

caithnesshibee
05-04-2008, 10:50 AM
I have no idea regarding horses but i have IDLE TALK on the pub sweepstake.:greengrin Any chance??

BT58
05-04-2008, 10:52 AM
its a bit of a lottery,but here goes, MCKELVEY for me ,was very unlucky last year, so hopefully he will be ok this year
my wife picked two crackers with her trusty pin,[ahem]
CONTRABAND+BLACK APALACHI
if either comes in, i will never back horses again, we`ll not till next week anyway
hb

Hamish
05-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Chelsea Harbour e/w. Take the 14's on offer.

Houchy
05-04-2008, 11:01 AM
I've taken Comply or Die as I got it in a sweep stake. :thumbsup:

roy609
05-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Used my £5 free bet in the daily record and put it on Hedgehunter to win. Always seems to do well here and knows the course. Also went £2 each way on No Full just for a wee bit excitement. Thats the thing with the Grand National, the strange bets are never far away. Fingers crossed.

I'm_cabbaged
05-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Used my £5 free bet in the daily record and put it on Hedgehunter to win. Always seems to do well here and knows the course. Also went £2 each way on No Full just for a wee bit excitement. Thats the thing with the Grand National, the strange bets are never far away. Fingers crossed.

Which shop is that with and can you use it online?

The cooler king
05-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Getin!!!

ScottB
05-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Had Comply or Die at 10/1 makes 11 years in a row of winning money on the race for me haha!

Wotherspiniesta
05-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Had Comply or Die at 10/1 makes 11 years in a row of winning money on the race for me haha!

me too! :greengrin

Ally
05-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Here's my view...

Price seems to be drifting now on cloudy lane, I don't think it can last the trip plus there is still no real value in backing it. McCoy should win this sometime but not this year, Butler's Cabin won't cope with the hurdles too well. Hedgehunter must still have something in him or Ruby wouldn't be riding him again but I think he is just carrying too much weight, maybe an E/W shout. I'm backing Comply or Die, can definetely carry the trip and can jump well, also started using blinkers which should be beneficial. For an outside chance I'm going for Madison du Berl at 66/1, I'm a fan of Scudamore and although the horse is young it has lots of experience.

I thank you.

David_D
05-04-2008, 07:36 PM
I also had comply or die @ 10/1 to win. I also had Slim pickings each way so was an extra £25 towards the drinks kitty. That makes it 4 out of the last 5 years I have backed the winner. :thumbsup::thumbsup: