PDA

View Full Version : Please bin those hellish strips.

Alfred E Newman
29-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Who on earth took the decision to wear those hellish black strips today?
In some respects it was a blessing that they did as it would have been even more embarassing to have witnessed that disgraceful display being performed in the famous green jerseys.

Austinho
29-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Have we actually had a decent result when wearing that shirt? Can only think of the 2-2 draw vs Dundee United where we have picked up any points.

NaeTechnoHibby
29-03-2008, 07:36 PM
In some respects it was a blessing that they did as it would have been even more embarassing to have witnessed that disgraceful display being performed in the famous green jerseys.

Please remember the much maligned JC hated these too and actually didnae play in them when he was supposed to, for marketing stuff :agree:

White should be our away colour, and if the refs cannae tell the teams apart then Specsavers arnae up to the sponsorship :bye:

O'Brien[11]
29-03-2008, 07:39 PM
To Be Honest it Doesn't Really matter what strip your wearing,
The Performance Wasn't there, was actually embarrasing today...
Too many negative shouts and moans from todays support aswell...
Not enough Singing!:brickwall

DaveF
29-03-2008, 07:42 PM
I really had no idea why we were wearing the black strip. I assume it was a last ditch effort to sell the remaining stock of those replica kits.

Alfred E Newman
29-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Please remember the much maligned JC hated these too and actually didnae play in them when he was supposed to, for marketing stuff :agree:

White should be our away colour, and if the refs cannae tell the teams apart then Specsavers arnae up to the sponsorship :bye:

Unless there is a colour clash we should wear our traditional strip and our away strip should have some green in it somewhere. In a game as important as todays and with a big support there, we should have been wearing our home strip. End of.

lyonhibs
29-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Granted,I think Hibs look wrong in black, but let's be under no illusions.

The pitch, weather, strip, referee etc etc had nothing to do with our defeat.

Thefact thatwe were grade A unadulterated ***** is why we deservedly got nothing from today's game

GGTTH

NaeTechnoHibby
29-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Unless there is a colour clash we should wear our traditional strip and our away strip should have some green in it somewhere. In a game as important as todays and with a big support there, we should have been wearing our home strip. End of.

I agree :thumbsup:

When I heard we were wearing the black one, I went oot, just after they scored :bitchy:

I just dinnae like this strip, and I am not superstitious (sp?) :agree:

Nakedmanoncrack
29-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Must admit when I saw them jogging out for the warm up wearing those black shorts my heart sank, I can't stand it, fairly sure we've never recorded a win in the thing.

Si_17
29-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Gretna away 1-0? Only win I can think of. ***** strip, get it binned....

Nakedmanoncrack
29-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Gretna away 1-0? Only win I can think of. ***** strip, get it binned....

Think you are right, forgot that one, the only visit to Fir Park that I've missed this season.

Baldy
29-03-2008, 09:12 PM
I really had no idea why we were wearing the black strip. I assume it was a last ditch effort to sell the remaining stock of those replica kits.

thats what I thought at the time, although it may just be because the sponsorship deal with Le Crock means we have to wear them for X amount of times in a season?

Baldy Foghorn
29-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Granted,I think Hibs look wrong in black, but let's be under no illusions.

Thefact thatwe were grade A unadulterated ***** is why we deservedly got nothing from today's game

GGTTH

Exactly, it was not the strip, it was the players wearing them, being inept....

bigstu
29-03-2008, 09:24 PM
i've just bought that strip :boo hoo:

GreenandGlaikit
30-03-2008, 02:41 AM
Granted, I think Hibs look wrong in black, but let's be under no illusions.

GGTTH

It's entirely invented - some misguided marketed ploy? Unless some Hibs historian differs, fail tae see any genuine Hibs connection. :dunno:

Cynical & crap , IMHO.

LaMotta
30-03-2008, 03:09 AM
Dont think the black strip is that bad. It could be worse - it could be purple, or even worse illuminous yellow, without dout the worst Hibs kit of all time.

Golden Bear
30-03-2008, 11:18 AM
BAN THE BLACK

All that minging strip does is to make it easier for the players to hide.

:devil:

Hibernian Verse
30-03-2008, 11:28 AM
I might be wrong but i'm pretty sure that had I played in green shirts for the season, then suddenly in black, I would be more responsive to passing to a green shirt...:confused:

calumhibee1
30-03-2008, 12:00 PM
We were *****. Nothing to do with the strip. We were just *****. Now lets stop making up ***** excuses.:brickwall

Alfred E Newman
13-09-2009, 07:31 PM

I rest my case.