PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Liam Miller? (auld threads dredged up)

MurphDogg
27-02-2008, 01:01 PM
News today that he has been told he can leave Sunderland. Would he be worth a look? I know we struggle with wages but could probably do a job. :dunno:

Wembley67
27-02-2008, 01:02 PM
News today that he has been told he can leave Sunderland. Would he be worth a look? I know we struggle with wages but could probably do a job. :dunno:

Answered you own question there mate.

Woody70x2
27-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Nothing more than a bid time charlie that thought he was better than the rest... one decent Champions League performance had Man Utd calling... then he was found out... now the same at Sunderland.

Franck is God
27-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Nothing more than a bid time charlie that thought he was better than the rest... one decent Champions League performance had Man Utd calling... then he was found out... now the same at Sunderland.

He was actually well rated at Man Utd but they had problems getting him to believe he was good enough to be there.

He is way above our wage level though, a top of Championship club will pick him up to play every week. They'll pay him between £10-15k per week.

robinp
27-02-2008, 01:40 PM

He's put in some top performances this season for Sunderland, but like a certain NI international we have, he's unable to put a run of decent performances together.

Barrylavety
27-02-2008, 02:10 PM
he is a guy who has wasted his career cos he thot he was better than he was! he will end up at a mid table championship club. he is nothin more than that!

Carrick Hibs
27-02-2008, 02:43 PM
he is a guy who has wasted his career cos he thot he was better than he was! he will end up at a mid table championship club. he is nothin more than that!

how did he think he was better than he was? I would call it having the guts and self belief to test himself down there.

It's not everyday Man United ask you to sign for them and he would have been slated had turned them down to stay at the mhanky mhob.

nonshinyfinish
27-02-2008, 02:49 PM
how did he think he was better than he was? I would call it having the guts and self belief to test himself down there.

It's not everyday Man United ask you to sign for them and he would have been slated had turned them down to stay at the mhanky mhob.

Could you apply the same argument to young players leaving Hibs for the Infirm? :devil:

khib70
27-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Pretty decent player who probably now has lost his delusions of grandeur after leaving Celtc and Manure. As for him only being good enough for a "mid table Championship club" - how many of our present squad would a club like that even look at? He would walk into our team IMO, but as the man said before me, you have answered your own question. He would injure himself just laughing at our wage offer.

Rep of Ireland Hibee
27-02-2008, 03:31 PM
So, Riy Keane has released Liam Miller. The same Liam Miller that Keane was going ballistic about not being included in the Irish squad not so long ago :yawn:

He'll end up in championship me thinks. Very good player IMO

Jonnyboy
27-02-2008, 03:34 PM

Can't help but notice the irony in this statement, given your username :wink::greengrin

Carrick Hibs
27-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Could you apply the same argument to young players leaving Hibs for the Infirm? :devil:

As much as it pi55ed me off when they all left, I can understand why they all left and i'd do they same if i was in their position.

robinp
27-02-2008, 03:50 PM
So, Riy Keane has transfer listed Liam Miller. The same Liam Miller that Keane was going ballistic about not being included in the Irish squad not so long ago :yawn:

He'll end up in championship me thinks. Very good player IMO

Corrected for you. :greengrin

robinp
27-02-2008, 03:52 PM
As much as it pi55ed me off when they all left, I can understand why they all left and i'd do they same if i was in their position.

I know what you mean - I said the same at the time. If it was for a few grand more a week in the West I'd stay at hibs, but to move to anywhere for 10k more a week is a case of where do I sign. :agree::tin hat:

Broken Gnome
27-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Let's be honest, didn't you just LOVE it when Liam Miller left Celtic? They were absolutely RAGING. Fine to nick all our players, but when the boots on the other foot... :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
27-02-2008, 04:22 PM

Fair enough.

sambajustice
23-05-2009, 09:12 AM
I slipped this in some thread a few days ago but probably passed off unnoticed.

I think it was Liam Miller anyway... :greengrin

He's been released from QPR, must still only be 28 or 29 I think. Could bring him back to Scotland and would hopefully solve wide right/left issues!

Scooter
23-05-2009, 10:19 AM

He's been released from QPR, must still only be 28 or 29 I think. Could bring him back to Scotland and would hopefully solve wide right/left issues!

I believe he has signed for cork city???

down-the-slope
23-05-2009, 10:19 AM

Waqes would be big problem - he went south as Celts could not offer him enough

whereswallace?
23-05-2009, 01:48 PM
His career hasn't gone exactly how he planned eh!!

J-C
23-05-2009, 02:29 PM
His career hasn't gone exactly how he planned eh!!

Yep, Celtic, Man U, QPR.........div 1. looms me thinks. :greengrin

Andy74
04-12-2009, 02:40 PM

Good shout, although he seems to have solved our central issue!

Andy74
04-12-2009, 02:42 PM
You find some great threads at the bottom of related ones don't you!

It shows you it can happen sometimes!

MacBean
04-12-2009, 02:48 PM

Can someone start one on Kaka/Messi/Ronaldo?? :pray:

Wembley67
04-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Funny reading some of these, what a load of ***** that gets posted on here the majority of the time :faf:

Storar
04-12-2009, 02:56 PM

:agree:
Read a few old ones about how we would never sign Stokes, how Yogi would be a **** choice because he almost got Falkirk relegated and even people saying how good a signing Nade was for Hearts:greengrin

Bayern Bru
04-12-2009, 02:58 PM
:agree:
Read a few old ones about how we would never sign Stokes, how Yogi would be a **** choice because he almost got Falkirk relegated and even people saying how good a signing Nade was for Hearts:greengrin

But he is. I think he scored against Arsenal once as well?
:cool2:

aljo7-0
04-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Can someone start one on Kaka/Messi/Ronaldo?? :pray:
Get Calgary Hibs to start those threads me thinks. You never know given his record this season. :greengrin