PDA

View Full Version : Milton Mowbray HSC bus to Tannadice

monktonharp
03-02-2008, 09:15 PM
bus leaves the Ormelie Tavern in Joppa on Saturday 9th, at 10:15 AM. usual pick-ups at M/bank, Abbeyhill opposite shell garage,Waterloo Place and the Centurion in Corstorphine. seats availible.(names being taken for Ibrox replay whenever it is:confused:)PM me if you are interested

Ed De Gramo
03-02-2008, 10:11 PM
bus leaves the Ormelie Tavern in Joppa on Saturday 9th, at 10:15 AM. usual pick-ups at M/bank, Abbeyhill opposite shell garage,Waterloo Place and the Centurion in Corstorphine. seats availible.(names being taken for Ibrox replay whenever it is:confused:)PM me if you are interested

Yo Wullie,

I'm unable to attend the trip to Tannadump....due to lack of funds.....

Sorry chief :boo hoo:

monktonharp
03-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Yo Wullie,

I'm unable to attend the trip to Tannadump....due to lack of funds.....

Sorry chief :boo hoo: unlucky Gramo,your vgonna miss Nish,Murray,Rankin,and the big Algerian gadgy:thumbsup:

monktonharp
09-02-2008, 09:35 PM
quite dissapointed at our numbers for the bus today(almost half full, and some of the buses we passed on the way home seemed the same). what was the Hibernian fans attendance today? are buses becoming a thing of the past? we had several possible and several defo attendees for this match, but quite a few that just never turned up. it makes you wonder at times if it is worth trying to run a regular bus. Semi-Finals,Finals...........nae probs, bus full ,and ye can keep the cost down for everyone on the bus. is it better to raise the price for these types of games, and bank the profits for a rainy day? Today was not a good day to gauge these thoughts/feelings I ,know, because of the tv/times etc , but that is another matter. as I have posted way back, Setanta is doing no favours to fans that would rather be at the match,and cheer the team on. feelings of an auld radge...........feel free to comment:cool:

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2008, 04:57 AM
quite dissapointed at our numbers for the bus today(almost half full, and some of the buses we passed on the way home seemed the same). what was the Hibernian fans attendance today? are buses becoming a thing of the past? we had several possible and several defo attendees for this match, but quite a few that just never turned up. it makes you wonder at times if it is worth trying to run a regular bus. Semi-Finals,Finals...........nae probs, bus full ,and ye can keep the cost down for everyone on the bus. is it better to raise the price for these types of games, and bank the profits for a rainy day? Today was not a good day to gauge these thoughts/feelings I ,know, because of the tv/times etc , but that is another matter. as I have posted way back, Setanta is doing no favours to fans that would rather be at the match,and cheer the team on. feelings of an auld radge...........feel free to comment:cool:

Great post. Thinking along the same lines as you, our attendance on our bus was pathetic. Far too many fair weather fans who would rather watch match on TV than actually travel. As you say you could run 5 buses for a cup final though, irritating as hell........

SunnyLeither
10-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Poor show yesterday from our lot too but I can totally understand it. Look at the costs, travel £8 to 10 and entrance £22 to 25 and that's before refreshments and the alternative is switching on the TV in your living room and switching on Satan for which you pay your monthly subscription.

There are compromises for our bus organisers and we sometimes have to make them. We should get together over a few beers and discuss them.

Cheers Sean

Steven_R_hfc
10-02-2008, 10:34 AM
sean how many was there on the bus yesteray?

monktonharp
10-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Poor show yesterday from our lot too but I can totally understand it. Look at the costs, travel £8 to 10 and entrance £22 to 25 and that's before refreshments and the alternative is switching on the TV in your living room and switching on Satan for which you pay your monthly subscription.

There are compromises for our bus organisers and we sometimes have to make them. We should get together over a few beers and discuss them.

Cheers Seansome interesting points Sean, meeting up to discuss it is a good idea,will contact you after our next branch meeting, seems like the season is about ******ed when it comes to travel, unless we get a result in the replay. not downhearted though,i'm sure there are plenty out there that will travel if we get a wee run without Satan tv deciding what fitba' is all about:brickwall

floridahibby
10-02-2008, 03:41 PM

Good post mate its getting harder.We had only 26 on our bus yesterday and we had more under 16s than usual.I think the ko time does not help and being live on tv too.I think when it comes down to it fans picking and choosing their away games down to cost.