PDA

View Full Version : NE Pats

Scooter
13-12-2007, 09:54 AM
13-0 for the season. Tom Brady = legend :thumbsup:

Arch Stanton
18-12-2007, 06:13 PM
And underpinning their dominance in recent years has been their hard-nosed business approach - RP is in good company! :greengrin

Sylar
21-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Although we've had such an awesome start to the season, the Superbowl and undefeated season are still a LONG way away.

We were fortunate to come from behind with 2 drives in the last 4 minutes against the Colts and Philidelphia also ran us close.

We have one or two weak links in the defensive line which must be fixed - too regularly this season (in comparison to seasons gone by) have the opposition defence "got" to Brady and when teams really gun for us, we don't seem to know how to handle it.

Still, it's going to take one hell of a team to stop us just now :thumbsup:

Dibben
21-12-2007, 08:44 PM
I remember when the Pats where an awful team along with the Indy Colts (mid 80's) - how times change eh! (Are the 49ers no pash now too?).

I'm still a Jets man..... they've always bee pash!!!

:boo hoo:

BH.

GhostofBolivar
22-12-2007, 05:46 AM
We have one or two weak links in the defensive line which must be fixed - too regularly this season (in comparison to seasons gone by) have the opposition defence "got" to Brady and when teams really gun for us, we don't seem to know how to handle it.

Still, it's going to take one hell of a team to stop us just now :thumbsup:

Surely you're talking about the Pats offensive line here, which has been superb this season. Unlike Ben Roethlisberger, Brady has been sacked rarely and hit infrequently. It's normal to see Brady upright in the pocket for five seconds or more without anyone near him. His job has also been helped by poor defensive schemes in the secondary of his opponents.

I, personally, don't see the need for 'a hell of a team' in order to beat the Pats. I think the Colts, Steelers and Jaguars are all capable of winning a one off game. All are much better defensively than the Patriots (who've given up an alarming amount of points and who have one of the worst red zone D's in the league); all have run-first, clock controlling offences (unlike NE); and all are going about their business much more quietly than NE (who're beginning to look jaded in a way that's not helped by the age of their linebackers).

It wouldn't suprise me if the Patriots won the Superbowl, but nor would it suprise me if any of those three teams beat them.

HibsMax
24-12-2007, 05:32 PM
I, personally, don't see the need for 'a hell of a team' in order to beat the Pats. I think the Colts, Steelers and Jaguars are all capable of winning a one off game. All are much better defensively than the Patriots (who've given up an alarming amount of points and who have one of the worst red zone D's in the league); all have run-first, clock controlling offences (unlike NE); and all are going about their business much more quietly than NE (who're beginning to look jaded in a way that's not helped by the age of their linebackers).
If the Pats have given up an alarming number of points, what does that say about the rest of the teams in the NFL? The Pats have conceded the least number of points (tied with the Bucs) and as far as scoring is concerned, there is no team within 100 points of us. I know that your post was before this weekend's game and I wasn't waiting until now to post, I just saw it.

One thing that watching the NFL for the past few years has taught me is that any team can beat any other team on any given day. Strange results happen all the time. I guess "strange" is subjective but I thought that the Bears crushing the Packers was a strange result.

So I agree that the Steelers, the Colts or the Jags could hand us our first loss of the season (assuming we get passed the Giants of course :wink:) I just don't think it's gonna happen. The Brady / Moss combination is outstanding. We were looking light on the ground, and I still believe we are, but at least yesterday proved that we can still run the ball. It's a shame we lost Sammy Morris when we did because he was looking good. Maroney is taking longer to be effective than I had hoped. I expected great things after seeing some footage of him at Minnesota. There's still time though. I would have liked to have seen Dillon make a comeback. Sure, he's not as effective as he was when he first joined the Pats but I still think he could have given us something. I wouldn't be surprised to see us throw the ball all season long and then catch other teams napping by running the ball down their throats and putting some points on the board before they have time to adjust. And when they do adjust, expect the long ball right down the middle to Moss. :)

budgiemcb
26-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Got a Tom Brady Shirt for my Christmas!!

Well chuffed!!! :thumbsup:

Sylar
30-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Well - that game was WELL worth staying up for last night - wonderful to watch history being written....the Giants didn't make it easy though and we had to fight every step of the way!!!

Although New York came out and looked dangerous, we never seemed to look worried or anxious - their was an air of calm about us which was nice and confidence inspiring going forward!

Just to recap:

First team EVER to go 16-0 in a regular season - only the second team in history to go undefeated in a regular season (record originally set by the '72(?) Dolphins.

Brady becomes the all time record holder for TD passes completed.

Randy Moss becomes the all time record holder for recieved TD passes (what a duo they are!)

We become the all time record holders for points scored during a single season :thumbsup:

Still, all is fairly insignificant (IMO) if we fail to win the Superbowl again!

Ghaax
30-12-2007, 10:20 PM
I think your last line says it all, Scott.:agree:
16-0 is all well and good but won't mean a thing without a ring.....!

Don't think the Steelers will be capable without Parker. The Colts and inform Jags (until tonight!) are dangerous but they will have to come to the Gillette in January - a tough trip for anyone.

The O-line is doing fine - you have to remember we are passing nearly every down so the D can pretty much ignore the run and blitz their LBs whenever they feel like it. This is naturally going to cause extra pressure on Brady.

What I like is the way they have stayed competitive even though home field was sewn up weeks ago. Also, particularly in games such as the Steelers, our O-line and coaches have been able to adjust to the defensive schemes and nullified it by the 3rd quarter.

OK, we have had a number of close games over the last few weeks but our lot love that - Brady positively thrives in these situations.

However it all means diddley squat so far. I think it was Vrabel that said that all they want is to put another 1 in the win column each week - if that means they are still unbeaten then so be it.

And if it means a SB ring on 3rd February then so be that too.....................:thumbsup:

HibsMax
31-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Well - that game was WELL worth staying up for last night - wonderful to watch history being written....the Giants didn't make it easy though and we had to fight every step of the way!!!

Although New York came out and looked dangerous, we never seemed to look worried or anxious - their was an air of calm about us which was nice and confidence inspiring going forward!

Just to recap:

First team EVER to go 16-0 in a regular season - only the second team in history to go undefeated in a regular season (record originally set by the '72(?) Dolphins.

Brady becomes the all time record holder for TD passes completed.

Randy Moss becomes the all time record holder for recieved TD passes (what a duo they are!)

We become the all time record holders for points scored during a single season :thumbsup:

Still, all is fairly insignificant (IMO) if we fail to win the Superbowl again!

there have now been four other teams that went undefeated during the regular season. The '72 Dolphins went on to win the SuperBowl whereas the other two teams did not. Only time will tell what the Pats will do with their unbeaten run. Every team is tough at this stage but the Pats are just so good in every department. I'm not saying they lead the league in all departments, they're just pretty solid throughout. Bummin' about having to wiat two weeks for the next game. :)

Sylar
14-01-2008, 04:24 PM
What a weekend for Playoff action!!! Patroits overcome a stubborn Jacksonville defence and the Colts and Cowboys both fall flat on their faces :thumbsup:

Not going to be an easy task for us disposing of San Diego, but I feel we've no need to go into any game fearing an opposition. The intention there is not to sound cocky, merely state that confidence can carry us all the way.

Can't wait til Sunday evening now (without wishing the week away!!!) :thumbsup:

Scooter
14-01-2008, 05:27 PM
What a weekend for Playoff action!!! Patroits overcome a stubborn Jacksonville defence and the Colts and Cowboys both fall flat on their faces :thumbsup:

Not going to be an easy task for us disposing of San Diego, but I feel we've no need to go into any game fearing an opposition. The intention there is not to sound cocky, merely state that confidence can carry us all the way.

what a game i recorded it and watched it last night. the fake rush for the TD was amsome as was the double pass play.

HibsMax
14-01-2008, 06:58 PM
The really good thing, for me, is that the Pats have beaten every team left in the playoff picture...this season. I know that counts for squat but it's still a nice-to-know. No reason to fear any team although there are no easy games. Looking forward to beating the Chargers for the 3rd time in a row. :) Anybody read LT's comments last year when he said that the Pats could beat the Chargers 1 our of 10 times? :) Next Sunday will make 3 out of 3....if it happens. Should be a great game.

GhostofBolivar
16-01-2008, 06:16 AM

Mostly down to astonishingly good O-Line play :cool:

Sylar
16-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Mostly down to astonishingly good O-Line play :cool:

Yeah yeah yeah :greengrin:cool:

Scooter
16-01-2008, 09:17 PM
is there anywhere in edinburgh that has an official super bowl party:thumbsup:

GhostofBolivar
17-01-2008, 04:28 AM
is there anywhere in edinburgh that has an official super bowl party:thumbsup:

The Hard Rock Cafe, I believe. I went there last year and I think I'm going there this year. Pretty good food and a cheap beer promotion (Corona last year, I think it's Bud this year).

Sylar
17-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Think i'll go to the one in Dundee at the American Sports bar on Commercial street - huge, quite upmarket venue with cheap beer and the BIGGEST plasma screen i've ever seen!!! :thumbsup:

Ghaax
17-01-2008, 10:33 PM
pees me off how the NFL schedules always seem to have us on the Saturday night late game. :brickwall Still, sat up to 4 o'clock cos the game was so good. (Not great when yer sons wake you at 7am - "are you not feeling well, Daddy?!!!" :yawn::yawn:) Must admit after the initial turnover I thought we could get a 14 point gap by the half and I could go to bed :bye: but Gerrard had other thoughts......

Those Jags will be a tough bunch next year. he's turning into some QB! How 'bout their opening drive??? Still - are the Brady bunch fun to watch or what? :agree:

Another tough one Sunday but at home in January will be a big factor. :cool:
Hopefully Moss will be focused. However Coach showed what we could do without him last week. Take away the deep and Tom will absolutely revel in killing you short. :agree: Remember he's had 6 seasons of doing this prior to having any decent WRs!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Go Pats!!!!!:not worth

Scooter
21-01-2008, 08:08 AM
maybe to work for it but 18-0:thumbsup:

Sylar
21-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Patriots vs Giants in the Superbowl then - sweeeeetttt!!!!! :thumbsup:

Just Jimmy
21-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Think i'll go to the one in Dundee at the American Sports bar on Commercial street - huge, quite upmarket venue with cheap beer and the BIGGEST plasma screen i've ever seen!!! :thumbsup:

apparently its been shut for a year??

jonty
21-01-2008, 09:34 PM
apparently its been shut for a year??
Still open when i passed it recently

Biggest Plasma?
Upmarket??

You been smoking the same as the locals :wink:

I must admit to liking the Trades Bar for footy matches.

Sylar
21-01-2008, 11:14 PM

Biggest Plasma?
Upmarket??

I'm sure they had a 52 inch plasma on the wall the last time I was in (although they maybe brought it in specially as that was the Superbowl last year!).

They renovated it quite recently and it was shut for quite some time whilst they were doing it - it's quite like an "American diner" style bar with booths and leather sofas.

I don't care where i'll be watching it - so long as i'm watching us stroll to our 4th win in the last 7 years, i'll be happy :thumbsup:

Houchy
23-01-2008, 07:48 AM
How serious is Bradys injury?

Just heard about it just now when it was reported that he was hoping to be fit for the superbowl.

Ghaax
23-01-2008, 11:19 PM
"nothing serious" according to Brady himself speaking on the radio on Monday.

However the injury reports will not be announced until next Wednesday so it'll be guessing games until then.:confused::confused:

Looks to me like a cautious move by the Pats med staff. No point aggravating a minor tweak.:agree:

Still - gets you a little worried :worried::pray::pray:

Just Jimmy
24-01-2008, 02:17 AM

Biggest Plasma?
Upmarket??

Oh well, I live in the flats above jimmy chungs and papa joes.

Trades is my Local. Top pub.

Scooter
24-01-2008, 09:49 AM
right i'm going to go to sportsters or hard rock in edinburgh anyone going to either or have any idea what one would be better??

Ghaax
24-01-2008, 09:56 AM
f'ek!!

12 noon KO against the huns.

Gonna be a long day tryng to make it through to 5 in the morning - an then get hame!!!!!!

HibsMax
03-02-2008, 10:43 AM
LET'S GO PATS!!!

Could be a tough game. I think the Giants are in the same position as the Pats were against the Rams 7 years ago

but I still think the Pats are too strong. The Giants need to contain Moss and Welker and even then Brady has other weapons. Dante Stalwarth. Jabbar Gaffney. Hell, maybe even Washington or Jackson. Then we have Faulk and Maroney as well. I think it will be a good game but I don't expect it to be too close...........although it is the SuperBowl so anything can happen. :wink:

Sylar
03-02-2008, 10:24 PM
COME ON NEW ENGLAND!!!!

This had better be good as i'm going to be up again at 9 and grumpy as **** the next morning!!!!

I think we've got an edge tonight - been there, seen it and done it before - Brady is fit, as are our chances.

Let's go! :thumbsup:

Sylar
04-02-2008, 08:21 AM
Surely you're talking about the Pats offensive line here, which has been superb this season. Unlike Ben Roethlisberger, Brady has been sacked rarely and hit infrequently. It's normal to see Brady upright in the pocket for five seconds or more without anyone near him. His job has also been helped by poor defensive schemes in the secondary of his opponents.

It wouldn't suprise me if the Patriots won the Superbowl, but nor would it suprise me if any of those three teams beat them.

What a time they chose to prove me right - the weaknesses have been there all season - it just took a decent team like the Giants to exploit them :boo hoo::brickwall