£40 a ticket bit steep for that pokey wee gym

Gatecrasher
30-11-2007, 08:31 PM
£40 a ticket bit steep for that pokey wee gym

im surprised its as much as that, i was thinking about £15 or something :dizzy:

EH6LEITH
30-11-2007, 08:52 PM
im surprised its as much as that, i was thinking about £15 or something :dizzy:

have been to his last 3 fights in edinburgh and they were 30 but since he won the title they have bumped up the price not too worry though its on setanta

capitals_finest
01-12-2007, 01:15 AM
I was supposed to be going but we re not bothering now. Too expensive especially at this time of the year.

Toaods
01-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Me, HibbyAndy & my bro-in-law are heading along.

£40 for a world title fight plus the Olympic Gold medal winner in action (both local) plus the guy that put Amir Khan down(it was a "slip" :wink:) and a couple of other good Scottish pros.

Will be a great night to finish off a Hibs victory in the afternoon....:thumbsup:

Alex Arthur said he hopes to have a big fight at ER next summer , so let's get along and the support him. The atmosphere will be great.

Nameless
01-12-2007, 11:06 AM

£40 for a world title fight plus the Olympic Gold medal winner in action (both local) plus the guy that put Amir Khan down(it was a "slip" :wink:) and a couple of other good Scottish pros.

Will be a great night to finish off a Hibs victory in the afternoon....:thumbsup:

Alex Arthur said he hopes to have a big fight at ER next summer , so let's get along and the support him. The atmosphere will be great.

Spot on man!!! £40 is cheap when you consider the entertainment on offer. Arthur, Anderson and Hastie are all local boys who need our support, as well as great Scottish fighters like Limond, Burns and Kris Carslaw. For anybody who has not seen Carslaw fight but is going along, I can promise you, you will not be disapointed, this guy is a showman. I am counting down the days, and I expect a rush for tickets after Hatton does the biz against Mayweather.

HibbyAndy
01-12-2007, 12:20 PM

:agree::agree:

Exactly my sentiments .

Toaods
01-12-2007, 01:40 PM
unusual bit of advertise , but actually pretty good............heard it on Forth FM? it's Arthur's opponent just talking about how he will be taking the title vack to England("where it belongs"........:take that:take that )

HibbyAndy
01-12-2007, 03:12 PM
unusual bit of advertise , but actually pretty good............heard it on Forth FM? it's Arthur's opponent just talking about how he will be taking the title vack to England("where it belongs"........:take that:take that )

Certainly adds a bit bit spice to it:take that:take that

:cup:

ronaldo7
01-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Me and 3 others will be there and rooting for Alex

Send him homeward tae think again Alex:take that

Toaods
01-12-2007, 08:14 PM
this guy's fighting on the bill:

http://www.britishboxing.net/boxers_35053-Barrie-Jones.html

saw him last time out on TV. He was a bit cocky fighting in front of the big home crowd in Wales and was nearly tagged, but won the fight hands down.

ronaldo7
02-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Anybody know what the line up and times are for the evening:dunno:

HibbyAndy
02-12-2007, 10:35 AM

saw him last time out on TV. He was a bit cocky fighting in front of the big home crowd in Wales and was nearly tagged, but won the fight hands down.

Fights Southpaw aswell :hmmm:

BigKev
02-12-2007, 10:13 PM
I'll be there - C'Mon Alex!!

:take that:take that:take that

Danderhall Hibs
03-12-2007, 08:44 AM

It's not a World Title fight though?

DC_Hibs
03-12-2007, 08:38 PM

Gary Young fight is off - http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport.cfm?id=1881402007

Plenty good ones left though - should be a good night.

Toaods
03-12-2007, 09:14 PM
It's not a World Title fight though?

aye it is.....WBO...:confused:

Danderhall Hibs
03-12-2007, 09:18 PM
aye it is.....WBO...:confused:

Interim title fight I thought?

Toaods
03-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Interim title fight I thought?

Inter-continental title as per Frank Warrens website. What else is there outwith the continents.........Ok.....Gorgie........:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
03-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Inter-continental title as per Frank Warrens website. What else is there outwith the continents.........Ok.....Gorgie........:greengrin

It seems it's a big con. :agree: £40 to watch a non-world title fight?

He's won the interim title which at the time meant he'd be the champ if the boy who is the champ retired or fought him and lost. I've heard nothing more though so assume he is still champion elect but not proper champ.

What a waste of a promising career.

notorious
04-12-2007, 12:15 AM

He's won the interim title which at the time meant he'd be the champ if the boy who is the champ retired or fought him and lost. I've heard nothing more though so assume he is still champion elect but not proper champ.

I'm sure Guzman has to fight Arthur within a timescale or relinquish the title. I may be wrong though. Hope Alex does the business, would be a timely boost for Scottish boxing given the demise of that waste of space Scott Harrison.

Stenny
04-12-2007, 10:03 AM

:agree:

Toaods
05-12-2007, 09:54 PM

so , just the one fight then?....................:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2007, 07:31 AM
so , just the one fight then?....................:wink:

4 or 5 non-world title fights for £40? Still a rip off IMO.:wink:

Toaods
07-12-2007, 09:17 PM

.so's Tynie - but sometimes it worth it if you want it bad enough......:agree:

Not many seen a Brian Kerr winner live..........:greengrin:greengrin

m_16gge
13-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Anyone know what the time Arthur is roughly going to be on, I have tickets but have something on before.

Can you turn up anytime and get in???

HibbyAndy
13-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Anyone know what the time Arthur is roughly going to be on, I have tickets but have something on before.

Can you turn up anytime and get in???

Ahink AA will be on about eight half eightish....and a cant see a problem with turning up anytime you want mate.

Toaods
13-12-2007, 11:44 PM
7 fight schedule for Saturday now listed on Frank Warrens web site:

http://www.frankwarren.tv/drill/indexboxers.php?page=schedules

bingo70
14-12-2007, 07:17 PM
got my works christmas doo tomorrow night, want to see the fight though, anyone know if therell be any pubs in the george street area showing it?

Toaods
14-12-2007, 07:58 PM
got my works christmas doo tomorrow night, want to see the fight though, anyone know if therell be any pubs in the george street area showing it?

The Standing Order were showing Amir Khan's fight (previous to Earl) on the big screen.

No sounds though so wasnae up to much.

You might be best hitting one of the wee boozers in Thistle Street.

bingo70
14-12-2007, 08:27 PM
The Standing Order were showing Amir Khan's fight (previous to Earl) on the big screen.

No sounds though so wasnae up to much.

You might be best hitting one of the wee boozers in Thistle Street.

good shout, just need to think how to sell that idea to the split erses at me work that just want to drink pink cocktails and dance to fricken abba all night :hmmm:

Toaods
14-12-2007, 08:32 PM
good shout, just need to think how to sell that idea to the split erses at me work that just want to drink pink cocktails and dance to fricken abba all night :hmmm:

........leave them to it.........:greengrin

thekaratekid
15-12-2007, 10:45 PM
what a fight !!!

Thought Foster had nicked it in the 11th.

CowBoy
15-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Best fight ive seen in ages absolutely outstanding :thumbsup:

Hank Schrader
15-12-2007, 10:54 PM
2 reasons for Arthur to move up to lightweight;

1) He is struggling to make the weight and it is affecting his performance.

2) The guys above him in the Super Featherweight rankings are world class and would rip him to shreds (all of the top four are ranked in the top ten pound for pound in the world.

Great fight though!!

Hank Schrader
15-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Just out of interest, anyone else think Foster Jnr is a ringer for Fabio Cannavaro?:greengrin

ackeygraham
15-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Just out of interest, anyone else think Foster Jnr is a ringer for Fabio Cannavaro?:greengrin

u need glasses or had too many beers!
:greengrin

mentalhibee
15-12-2007, 11:50 PM
He looks more like scott severin! Well done alex arthur:thumbsup: He should move up a weight class and fight amir khan!

Hank Schrader
16-12-2007, 09:38 AM
u need glasses or had too many beers!

The former mate, woeful eyesight but I did have my contacts in!:wink::greengrin

Toaods
16-12-2007, 11:56 AM
:hahaha:

'fight of the year'

anti-English singing

two of the tightest lycra catsuits ever seen by man on a couple of absolute honeys inbetween the rounds, one of whom appeared to have just escaped from a cosmetic enhancement theatre.

slagging off Scott Harrison when he arrived to try ro be the big shot.

:singing:....."Alex, Alex.knock him out, Alex, knock him out..!!":take that

Shook hands with Ricky 'The Hitman' Hatton after the fight.

39 rounds of boxing for £40.

.......what a rip-off indeed..................:na na:

HibbyAndy
16-12-2007, 12:16 PM
'fight of the year'

anti-English singing

two of the tightest lycra catsuits ever seen by man on a couple of absolute honeys inbetween the rounds, one of whom appeared to have just escaped from a cosmetic enhancement theatre.

slagging off Scott Harrison when he arrived to try ro be the big shot.

:singing:....."Alex, Alex.knock him out, Alex, knock him out..!!":take that

Shook hands with Ricky 'The Hitman' Hatton after the fight.

39 rounds of boxing for £40.

.......what a rip-off indeed..................

Correct Dave.

By the way did you watch the rematch today at 10.30? i did, and when they got to talk to Hatton at about round 8 or 9 guess who you see in the background :thumbsup::thumbsup: you and me...dunno how John wasnt in it :greengrin

Its not crystal clear, but defo enough to see it was you and me:thumbsup:

:singing: Foster is a bawbag :singing:

Toaods
16-12-2007, 01:13 PM
By the way did you watch the rematch today at 10.30? i did, and when they got to talk to Hatton at about round 8 or 9 guess who you see in the background :thumbsup::thumbsup: you and me...dunno how John wasnt in it :greengrin

Its not crystal clear, but defo enough to see it was you and me:thumbsup:

...he must have been away for another fag............or avoiding the cameras incase his workmates were looking in.....:tee hee:

By the way Andy, it was Steve Bunce and Ritchie Woodhall in the light suits.

The fight is due to be rerun again later tonight on Setanta ta 7PM IIRC - we'll need to record it.