hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Race to Dubai

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Race to Dubai

Congratulations have to go to Tommy Fleetwood for winning the Race, even though it ended up being by default a bit.

However, my respect for Justin Rose increased significantly after watching him behave after the round.

What a gallant, magnanimous and generous interview too.

Had Colin Montgomery behaved like that, he'd have been a lot more popular.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congratulations have to go to Tommy Fleetwood for winning the Race, even though it ended up being by default a bit.

However, my respect for Justin Rose increased significantly after watching him behave after the round.

What a gallant, magnanimous and generous interview too.

Had Colin Montgomery behaved like that, he'd have been a lot more popular.
    Justin Rose is one of the most level headed and popular guys on the circuit. He always comes across well and will go down as a golfing great when he retires which won't be for a long time yet thankfully.

When I used to travel to the courses to watch the golf live Colin Montgomery was a moaning greetin faced big bairn. He was forever mumping his way round and I'm certain the other players must have groaned when they seen they were partnered to go round with the Montgomery.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I don’t like Justin Rose. He’s better than Monty for sure but I still think he’s a baw bag. The interview I saw his praise of Fleetwood was only forthcoming after the interviewer prompted him. I put him in the Faldoesque bracket of difficult to like but can admire the talent.
    To be fair his decision to spend time with his family rather than play in South Africa in an effort to overturn Fleetwood is commendable.
    Last edited by greenlex; 22-11-2017 at 10:15 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I don’t like Justin Rose. He’s better than Monty for sure but I still think he’s a baw bag. The interview I saw his praise of Fleetwood was only forthcoming after the interviewer prompted him. I put him in the Faldoesque bracket of difficult to like but can admire the talent.
    To be fair his decision to spend time with his family rather than play in South Africa in an effort to overturn Fleetwood is commendable.
    I know you don't like Justin Rose, Alex. I don't understand that, but you're indulging in confirmation bias here.

He immediately and warmly congratulated Fleetwood in person as soon as he was confirmed as winner.

In his interview, the first question was "how disappointed are you?" He answered that. Then he was asked about Fleetwood and he was generous in his praise.

"I'm pleased for Tommy. He's battled hard all year and put a good week in South Africa last week and had a great couple of comeback rounds this week to fight back and deserve it. He's been leading all year and it's good for him to finish it off."

Gracious and ungrudging.

Finding fault with that is exactly the opposite. So behave!

Edit: Here's the interview.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 22-11-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I know you don't like Justin Rose, Alex. I don't understand that, but you're indulging in confirmation bias here.

He immediately and warmly congratulated Fleetwood in person as soon as he was confirmed as winner.

In his interview, the first question was "how disappointed are you?" He answered that. Then he was asked about Fleetwood and he was generous in his praise.

"I'm pleased for Tommy. He's battled hard all year and put a good week in South Africa last week and had a great couple of comeback rounds this week to fight back and deserve it. He's been leading all year and it's good for him to finish it off."

Gracious and ungrudging.

Finding fault with that is exactly the opposite. So behave!

Edit: Here's the interview.
    You are of course assuming that was the interview with the big eared pointy nosed prick I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    You are of course assuming that was the interview with the big eared pointy nosed prick I saw.
    Great post.

Normally I quite like Rose but his collapse on Sunday cost me a few quid, so I can totally relate to this viewpoint.