hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Flying elbow to the back of Griffiths neck in the first 5 mins of the cup final from the painter.

This time with a ref who didn't support hearts.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Scottish cup final 1979 - Brian McGinlay gives the penalty for McCloy's assault on Colin Campbell. Ally MacLeod (the real one) steps up and slots it home.
    Those are the two that come to my mind.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    No contest, Paco Luna.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Luna header in the last min of normal time against AEK. The roof would have come off every stand.
    Yep, this.

Wayne Foster would have done a few hundred less half time draws if I could go back in time and get Dave Beaumont to commit a cynical foul 50 yards from goal.

The suspended Geebsie comes back in for the replay.......

@hibs.net private member Newcastlehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Hoping for a different outcome?
    I didn't pick up on that bit. Ok, hoping for 7.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Numerous derbies i'd like to go back to. Rob Jones late header in the 2-2 game springs to mind......but back to injury time with us 2-4 up and tell Zambernardi to keep the ball instead of an aimless punt up the park gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I'd have David Gray scoring the winner 2 minutes later.. just for complete perfection.
    Whole day, build up, game, score, Halliday, Hendo, Gray, post-match Ibrox party, post-match statements, media angst .... was perfection. Will be talked about for 100 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Wayne Foster would have done a few hundred less half time draws if I could go back in time and get Dave Beaumont to commit a cynical foul 50 yards from goal.

The suspended Geebsie comes back in for the replay.......
    This one without a doubt.

Luna header in the last min of normal time against AEK. The roof would have come off every stand.
    My thoughts exactly! One of the best atmosphere experiences at ER that day, can barely imagine what it would have been like if that had gone in.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LithgaeHibby View Post
    In the home European game against Liege, Goram not running up and instructing Houchen to put his penalty in the opposite corner.
    Very good shout - I echo that. Completely forgot about Goram running up though. I think it was Alan Sneddon who won the penalty after a mazy - run - charge that started back in defence. It was a poor kick by Houchen to the goalie's right at waist height which was easily palmed away round the post. Score that and I am still convinced we would have won the tie and gone through and got through at least one or two more rounds of the UEFA Cup that season.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Another missed penalty. John Collins in his last game before moving to Celtc for £1M. Missed a very late penalty in the last game of the season at home to Dundee in May 1990. Finished 0 - 0. A win would have given secured a European place for the second season running.

Not sure it would have prevented what was to unfold a few weeks later though.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Whitty's header just before the huns pulled a goal back on the last day of last season.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    Whitty's header just before the huns pulled a goal back on the last day of last season.
    This. Or at least after the corner everyone get back in their positions instead of head in hands stuff. Should have sealed them out for the rest of the half then gone again second half.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I would rewind the moment John Brownlie broke his leg and get him to ride the tackle or just avoid it in any way.

One match, one moment you could have for a "re-take"

First season in championship at the bus shelter, only the 2nd game. Started the game well and deservingly rewarded a penalty in the first half. Up steps Liam Craig, a stupid run up and the 18 year old reserve keeper makes an amazingly easy save. Score that and we’d have won that game and I’m not saying the outcome of that season might have changed but I don’t think there’d have been the gap that there was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LithgaeHibby View Post
    In the home European game against Liege, Goram not running up and instructing Houchen to put his penalty in the opposite corner.
    Heard that Only two Andy Gorams had money on Houchey to be first scorer.

There's actually quite a few recent ones for me..

First instinct is the 5-1 game. But we had a pretty poor team that year and in all honesty I don't know how many re-runs we'd need to win it, we got pretty lucky with our route to the final.

Then there's the Hamilton 2nd leg, but it all ended up ok. Might not have gone the same way if we'd stayed up.

From a purely selfish standpoint I'd probably say the Brondby penalty shoot out. I live in Berlin so drawing Hertha in the next round would've been unreal.

But overall I'd have to agree with the AEK Athens shout. Imagine if we'd finished that off.

@hibs.net private member
    Has to be Paco Luna scoring that header in the last few minutes against AEK, no contest. The atmosphere that night was unbelievable and not many games have beaten it since, imagine how much better it would have been if we’d have won.

Whole day, build up, game, score, Halliday, Hendo, Gray, post-match Ibrox party, post-match statements, media angst .... was perfection. Will be talked about for 100 years.
    Fully aware of that, Onion. I wasn’t actually complaining that gray’s goal was too early!

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    The second Ross County goal in the league cup final. We defend that one moment better and we go on to win it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Has to be Paco Luna scoring that header in the last few minutes against AEK, no contest. The atmosphere that night was unbelievable and not many games have beaten it since, imagine how much better it would have been if we’d have won.
    Have you ever watched Hibs WIN a match and felt so deflated at what might have been...............

This for me too, imagine the scenes.

Colin Campbell shooting to the other side of Peter McCloy in the cup final too.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 07-06-2018 at 10:13 AM.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Before my time but how about going on to win the first European cup instead of being knocked out in the semis.😎

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Before my time but how about going on to win the first European cup instead of being knocked out in the semis.😎
    Someone would have to do a Ramos on Raymond Kopa and their goalie in both legs.

Harry Kane not scoring that equaliser against Scotland a year ago. Or signing Griffiths for 150k 👀

Often wonder if fenlon would have left if we had beaten hearts in the cup that night. Don't think i have seen us pummel them so much than that first 30.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    It's an interesting thought, what would have happened if Thomson had given nothing for the Kujabi-Suso incident in 2012. We had pulled a goal back just before half time but they started the second half at 100MPH.

Would they have continued as they were and got a couple more, or would we have settled and potentially gotten an equaliser? Sadly, we'll never know thanks to that prick.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    It's an interesting thought, what would have happened if Thomson had given nothing for the Kujabi-Suso incident in 2012. We had pulled a goal back just before half time but they started the second half at 100MPH.

Would they have continued as they were and got a couple more, or would we have settled and potentially gotten an equaliser? Sadly, we'll never know thanks to that prick.
    Tbh, i wouldn't replay that game for anything. They can have their 5-1, the team that rose out of tge smouldering rubble and won it in 2016 DESERVED it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Can you imagine...also long before my time...but it would be the ultimate bragging right.

Left by mutual consent!
    I would like Laudrup to retake the penalty for a 3rd time against us so Jimbo can save it yet again.

I wouldn’t change anything prior to winning the cup. It kind of feels like we had to go through all the rubbish we did to eventually win the thing. The Ross County game for example, I just can’t help feel we wouldn’t have had the same desire to win if we had already won the League Cup.

So I will go with the 5-5 Rangers game, and have Whittakers header go in.