hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Good advice 👍🏾

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We done what we had to do when Hearts and Rangers had already departed the league.

We won a league against sides that we should expect to beat every week. I'd say we done what we had to do however for me it's not a good season by the standards Hibs should be setting.
    There haven't actually been that many seasons over the years when we can consider us to have done what we set out to do.

4th or higher, win a trophy or win the first division. Lennon has achieved what he set out to do every season he's been in charge - I wouldn't scoff at winning what is a tricky league to get out of. Ourselves, Sevco and Dundee United have laboured over getting out of that league. Falkirk have been stuck in it for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Aye? … good luck with that mate.

When I was a kid we were out on the streets or in the park until the street lights came on learning how to moan gripe and complain through practical life experience. Now the kids are all on X BOX complain or the Wii gripe … they have no practical real life experience of this sort of thing any more
    Yeh.In the words of the great Eddie Cochran. “Come Moan Everybody” -what’s happened?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    What would have made it a good season then?
    Making a cup final at least considering we won one the season before?

Left by mutual consent!
    When the chips are doon, time to support the boys even more. The good with the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Yeh.In the words of the great Eddie Cochran. “Come Moan Everybody” -what’s happened?
    We can't even blame the Summertime Blues

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Making a cup final at least considering we won one the season before?
    That's the best you can come up with? We get out of the Championship as winners, having failed to do so in the two preceding seasons, and you honestly think it wasn't a good season because we didn't get to a cup final?

Sack the board (no, not really). Sack the manager (that would be stupid) Sack someone, anyone because that would help (no, that won’t). Sometimes Football kicks you right in the nuts (metaphorically) and we’re bang in that zone. Thankfully after today’s result the league remains tight but we’ve really given ourself no room for error.
    I’m still hopeful that this side is good enough to produce a push to the top 3. But it needs to start falling into place soon or the current ‘blip’ becomes a much bigger issue. For now, I still believe

That's the best you can come up with? We get out of the Championship as winners, having failed to do so in the two preceding seasons, and you honestly think it wasn't a good season because we didn't get to a cup final?
    For it to be a good season you have to exceed expectations, if you just do what's required that's not a good season , it's average. If we had won it with Rangers or Hearts in it,two teams we have historically finished lower than , then I'd tend to agree it was a good season however we failed to do that.

Winning the Scottish second tier with no other big clubs in it wasn't achieving anything out of the ordinary, it was the minimum required.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 11-11-2018 at 06:08 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango Man View Post
    Indeed, I consider the last 3 seasons probably the best I've had following Hibs.
    Totally agree. If winning the Scottish cup and narrowly beaten in league cup plus being done over in play offs isn't a good season then I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    When the chips are doon, time to support the boys even more. The good with the bad.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    It’s always toys out the pram when we lose these days because we haven’t been used to it. Plenty games left and a chance to improve the squad in January, which is exactly when we started to improve last season as well.

A team with McGinn/McGeough hardly ripped the league to bits in the first half of last season.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    I do it automatically these days. First day back on here since the game. I'm depressed enough after a defeat, regardless of who it's against, and have no desire to deepen that depression by trawling through pages of negativity. I'm not a happy clapper by any stretch, but some of the reactions recently are truly . We are Hibs... not Barcelona, and that's not going to change any time soon. Some people need to adjust their expectations in line with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    I do it automatically these days. First day back on here since the game. I'm depressed enough after a defeat, regardless of who it's against, and have no desire to deepen that depression by trawling through pages of negativity. I'm not a happy clapper by any stretch, but some of the reactions recently are truly . We are Hibs... not Barcelona, and that's not going to change any time soon. Some people need to adjust their expectations in line with this.
    Sorry but that's rubbish. We are hibs not Barcelona correct. But we're also not la liga and Aberdeen are not Real Madrid. What can change any time soon is going to places like Tynecastle and Pittodrie and fighting like we want a result.

Too many in here accept that we don't get results at these places so we shouldn't expect them.

Some people need to adjust their expectations for hibs upwards.

We have a top manager. He is being well supported. Let's ask for better?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Agree with this. I’ve been a bit critical the last couple of weeks but it’s because I think we are capable of better.

I wasn’t upset after the Celtic defeat. We actually showed a bit bottle and tried to have a go that day. They have better players 1-11 and they all played well that day so there’s not much you can do in that situation.

We went to Tynecastle a few days later, set up very negatively and stopped doing everything that had been working for us up until that point. And we’ve struggled to shake that off since IMO.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Sorry but that's rubbish. We are hibs not Barcelona correct. But we're also not la liga and Aberdeen are not Real Madrid. What can change any time soon is going to places like Tynecastle and Pittodrie and fighting like we want a result.

Too many in here accept that we don't get results at these places so we shouldn't expect them.

Football at the level Hibs play is often a lottery. A goal line clearance or two at one end... a bad short pass to a wrong footed player and a decent shot at goal at the other, were basically the difference between winning and losing on Fri. It happens in reverse when we take points we don't deserve. There are teams punching way above their weight in the league atm, and expecting to turn up and win leads to the kind of reaction we see on here when we don't. It's a sense of entitlement I don't have as I have been a Hibby for over 50 years and seen the best and the worst. What I don't do is come on here and vent my spleen because another result didn't go our way. If others want to do it, and it makes them feel better, crack on. I fail to see what difference it's going to make to our results though.

@hibs.net private member
    Is it safe to come back yet?

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Nope, remember what Sunday it is....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Agree with the OP.

Its a very tight league and our next two home games are Dundee and St Mirren while a few in the top 6 will play eachother.

Tucked in not too bad if you ask me with a tough run out the way. St J and Aberdeen have shown how quickly the table can change with a few results.

I trust NL to get a reaction from the players next game, don't see why I should do otherwise

You don’t consider that playing with 10 men against the team top of the league and drawing is fighting for a result then?

You don’t consider that playing with 10 men against the team top of the league and drawing is fighting for a result then?
    Hearts were absolutely ravaged by injuries and were there for the taking. They also played on the Sunday afternoon and had limited rest time whereas we had about a full week to prepare. It's a game we should have won.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Nope, could be a while.....

Oh I don’t know, times like last night and this morning on here can serve a useful purpose. Everyone generally outs themselves.

Most obviously it allows the core groups of miserablists and fellow travellers to step into plain view; the utterly incontinent Bed Wetters, the pished, those who clearly know eff all about football, those with a patently obvious anti-Petrie axe to grind in thread after thread, the specific player haters, the folk who’s week or month has been too grim to be able to cope with a defeat, the irrationally demanding, the trolls and the stirrers, the nouveau YamFuds, the deep sleeper YamFuds, the poseur contrarians, the anti-Lennonists, the Dempster haters and assorted ‘you can’t handle the truth’ posters who seem to be as happy mixing it in the face of all reason about Hibs as they are about anything else. I always wonder what it’s like in these people’s families when someone loses their keys, or orders them the wrong kind of coffee or forgets to record their tv show for them.

In amongst that carnival of Hibernian based Masochism and Sado-Masochism there are a relatively limited number of constructively critical posters who post thoughtfully on what’s going right and what’s going wrong - more or less objectively- without it being the end of all humanity as we know it. (Not me, I’m a happy clapper.) Those are worth reading, they’re usually quite insightful.

Still, it is generally like wading through a tsunami of ****.
    Much truth in there and an entertaining read .

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    Agree with the OP.

Its a very tight league and our next two home games are Dundee and St Mirren while a few in the top 6 will play eachother.

Tucked in not too bad if you ask me with a tough run out the way. St J and Aberdeen have shown how quickly the table can change with a few results.

I trust NL to get a reaction from the players next game, don't see why I should do otherwise
    Points wise we’re maybe not too far behind but we should never be looking at being in 8th place of a 12 team league as being tucked in not too bad.

Oh I don’t know, times like last night and this morning on here can serve a useful purpose. Everyone generally outs themselves.

Most obviously it allows the core groups of miserablists and fellow travellers to step into plain view; the utterly incontinent Bed Wetters, the pished, those who clearly know eff all about football, those with a patently obvious anti-Petrie axe to grind in thread after thread, the specific player haters, the folk who’s week or month has been too grim to be able to cope with a defeat, the irrationally demanding, the trolls and the stirrers, the nouveau YamFuds, the deep sleeper YamFuds, the poseur contrarians, the anti-Lennonists, the Dempster haters and assorted ‘you can’t handle the truth’ posters who seem to be as happy mixing it in the face of all reason about Hibs as they are about anything else. I always wonder what it’s like in these people’s families when someone loses their keys, or orders them the wrong kind of coffee or forgets to record their tv show for them.

In amongst that carnival of Hibernian based Masochism and Sado-Masochism there are a relatively limited number of constructively critical posters who post thoughtfully on what’s going right and what’s going wrong - more or less objectively- without it being the end of all humanity as we know it. (Not me, I’m a happy clapper.) Those are worth reading, they’re usually quite insightful.

Still, it is generally like wading through a tsunami of ****.
    Excellent post.

One small point I might be one of the people mentioned but we have Catch Up TV in our hoose 😁👍🏾⚽️🏆🇳🇬

Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeHibs View Post
    Sack the board (no, not really). Sack the manager (that would be stupid) Sack someone, anyone because that would help (no, that won’t). Sometimes Football kicks you right in the nuts (metaphorically) and we’re bang in that zone. Thankfully after today’s result the league remains tight but we’ve really given ourself no room for error.
    I’m still hopeful that this side is good enough to produce a push to the top 3. But it needs to start falling into place soon or the current ‘blip’ becomes a much bigger issue. For now, I still believe
    Same. Celtic loss - no shame in that. 0-0 v them was v predictable. Loss to St J poor. Loss to the Sheep not a massive blow - I still think, despite not playing well, we deserved something from the match. So it is a baddish run of results but not a disastrous one and folk have short memories given how well we have played in some matches so far this season. Lacking some consistency maybe, but although the league is much more evenly matched this season, I still believe we are the third best team in the league. Not by much mind, but I'll be hoping for a wee unbeaten run coming up and 10 points from the next four matches.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post

No shortage of people declaring their love for Hibs and Neil Lennon when we are winning.

It’s when we hit a tricky spell that you see what people are made of.

Hearts were absolutely ravaged by injuries and were there for the taking. They also played on the Sunday afternoon and had limited rest time whereas we had about a full week to prepare. It's a game we should have won.
    So you don’t think we were fighting for a result either?

I'm sure Hibs would have preferred a game in between. No game in 10 days is more a hindrance than a help.

So you don’t think we were fighting for a result either?
    Yip! Certainly fighting for a result. Looking at Lennys team selection it looks as though we were fighting for a draw. In fairness he was about to bring on Jamie MAC up top beside Flo then Flo got sent off so his hand was forced. Happy with a draw Hearts were their usual ****bag selves