hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about a 3rd forum? A balance where folk can be critical and concerned when justified, but willing to praise when justified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a coloured venn diagram in my head now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    What about a 3rd forum? A balance where folk can be critical and concerned when justified, but willing to praise when justified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now why didn't I think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'd love it if we were all happy and in agreement
    Even if it slashed the number of posts you make, in half?

BTW, my only complaint today was that nobody halfed that wee bugger Baird
    This is how it feels

Made my day It was all about the result tofay and for me a win was imperative
    We got it and now i want a performance against united and a few goals Playets coming in and players coing back from injury should mean we have more options as January progresses
    Didnt expect United to slip up but the pressure of beingat the top clearly got to them so that was a wee bonus But dont want to be relying on them dropping points Want us to go on a long winning run
    Now looking forward to Hogmany and a wee swally

First Team Regular
    Great result and even better to see the passion from Lennon at the end. Took a fair bit of stick with his call to sub Cummings but came up to the fans and joined in the celebrations applauding the fans. This result could well be a turning point, didn't think we were too bad today either totally dominant and again just needing to be that bit more clinical. Delighted. Mon the hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yep football manager has a lot to answer everyone now thinks they are a Mourinho.
    It's amazing that so many fans with no coaching experience think it's as easy as just playing the players they suggest. Lennon picked the side last week that most fans wanted. Bartley dropped,martin in midfield,jason up front and four at the back. Result a draw. My opinion would have been to keep five at the back v raith but had Boyle on to get to the byeline. Lennon knows the issues we have hence looking at left backs and signing Humphrey and looking at players with pace. Too many players at er are not playing as they can and maybe it's because they find it hard going to get themselves up for the championship. We have been so unlucky with refs and injuries. Once we have a fairly fit settled team we will be fine. Utd have had a settled side and it's showed. Hopefully soon we will get a settled team soon once keatings is fully up to speed and mcginn,fyfie and Marciano are back we can kick on.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Confused now though because two weeks ago when we were top we were better than United then people were told they were wrong because Dundee United went top last week, so I don't know what to think now.

you're overthinking it................i think

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    Offensively Gray and Stevenson are dreadful

Just isn't happening
    Deary me, and I thought they were defenders 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    If we dont beat falkirk and utd win we can forget winning the league. Hibs will do it the hard way as usual and fail at last hurdle
    Good for you happy chappie 😂

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Wonder what the doom merchants will have to say today!
    Exactly, pain in the *****

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Came right up to the fans on the final whistle. It was actually a gesture of
    defiance because of the abuse he'd been getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    More of a **** you to the fans who'd (rightly) voiced their displeasure at his substitutions earlier.
    I might be being naive here but I didn't get the impression is was a GIRUY at all. I took it as a thank you for our supporting the team this year in great numbers and decent voice. I didn't agree with Cummings coming off either (though don't boo) but also don't think Lennon is that touchy to take the huff at the fans' displeasure. The jury is still out for me with NL but I didn't detect any malice in his coming over to applaud the support and if anything thought it was a nice touch.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    I might be being naive here but I didn't get the impression is was a GIRUY at all. I took it as a thank you for our supporting the team this year in great numbers and decent voice. I didn't agree with Cummings coming off either (though don't boo) but also don't think Lennon is that touchy to take the huff at the fans' displeasure. The jury is still out for me with NL but I didn't detect any malice in his coming over to applaud the support and if anything thought it was a nice touch.
    Every manager and player should applaud the fans after a match, after all if it wasn't for us there would be no team.

He deserves no plaudits for doing so.

Originally Posted by chrisski33
    If we dont beat falkirk and utd win we can forget winning the league. Hibs will do it the hard way as usual and fail at last hurdle

Fail at the last hurdle? I may have been seeing things but I could swear I saw a cup kicking about ER

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDavidofGray View Post
    Every manager and player should applaud the fans after a match, after all if it wasn't for us there would be no team.

He deserves no plaudits for doing so.
    Every manager should but not every manager does, so he's welcome to the plaudits.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    People with an agenda against Lennon I think. No way he went over to rub it in the face of the fans that he was right. I thought it was a great touch and a message to us all that he cares. Potentially a game changing result yesterday. Let's kick on!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Falkirk missed a lot of revenue yesterday, by not selling part of the main stand to Hibs. Must have been around 1,000 or so empty seats

Quote Originally Posted by QMU-1875 View Post
    People with an agenda against Lennon I think. No way he went over to rub it in the face of the fans that he was right. I thought it was a great touch and a message to us all that he cares. Potentially a game changing result yesterday. Let's kick on!
    Eh????? As one of those who think he was making a point the last thing I have is agenda against Neil Lennon!! The ones shouting abuse at a man who has us top of the league and clearly 'gets' where we've gone wrong the past two seasons are the ones with the agendas thanks!!

I'm 100 percent in my own mind it was him making a point and it was one he was quite right to make. I was horrified at how unsupportive a lot of fans were yesterday and in some cases detrimental to the team.

The ones slating him yesterday have been eagerly waiting their chance-same as the ones who're gleeful that Shinnie had a genuinely poor game against Raith. I don't get it but no doubt there are plenty who'll defend the saddos. It's one thing disagreeing with a substitution but the level of booing was just ridiculous and I'm sure Martin Boyle felt good when he ran on.

I was in main stand and the booing was horrendous. There was also a "f'n useless" shout directed towards Shinnie that the whole stand could hear.

I just don't understand why people do this. It can only be detrimental to team and player confidence.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Even if it slashed the number of posts you make, in half?

BTW, my only complaint today was that nobody halfed that wee bugger Baird

Couldnt make the game today, but i agree that little sheit Baird could do with a wee bit of the Pattersons.

Gladly post twice as much if we were punching our weight John.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    I was in main stand and the booing was horrendous. There was also a "f'n useless" shout directed towards Shinnie that the whole stand could hear.

I just don't understand why people do this. It can only be detrimental to team and player confidence.
    Some posters and supporters for some reason need a scapegoat . I for one think Shinnie is a good footballer .As with Stokes some players need time to settle in . Lets pack in the abuse and get behind ALL the players

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post
    Some posters and supporters for some reason need a scapegoat . I for one think Shinnie is a good footballer .As with Stokes some players need time to settle in . Lets pack in the abuse and get behind ALL the players
    He's got all the attributes of being a good footballer but he was well below that level yesterday

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have expressed my reservations over Lennon as our manager, but he is doing the job he is paid to do as we sit top of the league.

Part of that job is making unpopular decisions if he sees them as the right thing to do.

Its something I like about him, that he is brave enough and uncaring enough about the reaction it gets to do so.

The only person who knows what was in his mind over coming to the fans at the end was him.

Whether it was to thank us or GIRFUY us, I truly couldn't care.

Personally I think it was the former.

In hindsight I think it was the right decision too.

For a number of reasons that's one of the few away games I have been at this season and I have to say the atmosphere was poor.

As many have said there wasn't much supporting of the team and plenty of moaning at them and individual players.

We really need to put our different opinions to one side at the game and get behind the team and the players individually

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    He's got all the attributes of being a good footballer but he was well below that level yesterday
    But loud and personal abuse is probably not going to make him improve his confidence and level of performance. Is it?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    But loud and personal abuse is probably not going to make him improve his confidence and level of performance. Is it?
    I never said it would

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Eh????? As one of those who think he was making a point the last thing I have is agenda against Neil Lennon!! The ones shouting abuse at a man who has us top of the league and clearly 'gets' where we've gone wrong the past two seasons are the ones with the agendas thanks!!

I'm 100 percent in my own mind it was him making a point and it was one he was quite right to make. I was horrified at how unsupportive a lot of fans were yesterday and in some cases detrimental to the team.

The ones slating him yesterday have been eagerly waiting their chance-same as the ones who're gleeful that Shinnie had a genuinely poor game against Raith. I don't get it but no doubt there are plenty who'll defend the saddos. It's one thing disagreeing with a substitution but the level of booing was just ridiculous and I'm sure Martin Boyle felt good when he ran on.
    Nobody is "gleeful" when players play poorly, why say that?
    Typical of the kind of utter nonsense that anyone remotely critical of any performance can expect on here.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Couldnt make the game today, but i agree that little sheit Baird could do with a wee bit of the Pattersons.

Gladly post twice as much if we were punching our weight John.
    I must be alone in that I wouldn't be upset to see Baird in a Hibs shirt. Knows both where the net is and how to " play" the game. If Cummings could learn the " playing" the game part and Bairds positional sense he would be a far better player.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I must be alone in that I wouldn't be upset to see Baird in a Hibs shirt. Knows both where the net is and how to " play" the game. If Cummings could learn the " playing" the game part and Bairds positional sense he would be a far better player.
    Baird reminds me of Paul Dickov in that despite his size he never gives defenders a minutes peace.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Didn't know where the net was when he missed a first half sitter yesterday. Would hate seeing him in a Hibs strip. Wee scrote

Quote Originally Posted by col02 View Post
    Baird reminds me of Paul Dickov in that despite his size he never gives defenders a minutes peace.
    Yup. Terrific work ethic

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Nobody is "gleeful" when players play poorly, why say that?
    Typical of the kind of utter nonsense that anyone remotely critical of any performance can expect on here.
    Don't talk rubbish. Criticism of any player is fine when it's reasoned.

At games there are some fans who get on some players backs from the
    minute the game starts and you know it. Some of those fans have gone after Shinnie and yes when they think their abuse is justified they're happy.

Don't give me any nonsense about people only wanting to support the team- some don't for some reason, and naive to say otherwise.