This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't be so sure we might retain him
    I got told he's Dundee bound but we'll find out sooner or later

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Looks like Dens park has become our waste disposal unit then?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Not Dundee bound put the other side! Or so his dad says!!!!

[QUOTE=Thecat23;4351910]Today's game was massive for the players out of contract and the ones we hoped to extend. If we had won today we were in a very good position to offer deals.

Sadly this game has cost us a few bob. The play offs will bring in some cash but really could have done with making another final. If we stay down expect a very different looking Hibs team next season.[/

Yes this defeat has cost us a lot of money and if we don't go up and we don't match the teams around us with athleticism strength physicality and game awareness then we will struggle.
    I enjoyed Allens performance but sadly it seems football talent is not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I'm not saying we will be weaker by the way. I'm saying we will be very different that's for sure. May be a good thing only time will tell!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't see us being stronger after this result .Its like a kick in the Baws that floors you Just when you think things are looking up That's now four of our last six games we have lost at a crucial stage of season .

Massive hit on coinage today £1m+ Not reaching final.
    books guaranteed to be at a loss & the loss of 1500 extra season books on getting to a final a big big hit, one that we won't feel the full impact of til next Aug, I really hope we manage to get up as if folk think this season has been bad.
    We're looking at 5k season books should we not prevail.
    Not a good day at all imo way more than the result !!

Someone will come in with a good offer for Allan which we won't be able to refuse, that money will be used to get players in, Malonga will be gone and we'll get money there also.

I still think the play off results will determine who might still sign again depending on where we are.

I think we need to look for better than Robertson and Craig.

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    I just hope that no matter what league we are in - that Stubbs get the players in and ready for the very first league game - especially if we are still in the Championship we need to hit the ground running

We need to get a bit of realism. We don't budget for a cup run and final appearance would have net us £500k not £1m.

The REAL difference will be determined by promotion or not. If we make it then we will get massive bounce on season tickets and clearly more income being back in top league.

What an utterly depressing thread. What a mess.

Hibernian Football Club. How has it come to this.

Whatever happens in playoffs players will leave and arrive . Same if we`d won today . We lost a lot of time last summer by not sacking Butcher before or straight after playoffs and hope we are already in negotiations for players whatever division we`ll be in . If were not going up , we`d almost benefit by losing early in playoffs so we know where we`ll be playing and starting to plan . Whoever we lose and sign we desperately need to find some good young players - this year there haven`t been many if any easy games to give younger players a chance but IF we stay down I`d hope to see more young players playing . Could do with signing an entertainer like Zemmama or Charnley were too - despite all the understandable pessimism here after today , if we go up crowds will return and if we stay down fans will come back if team is playing good football and winning .

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post

"How has it come to this"? Years of neglect from those charged with running the club.

My biggest concern is unless things soon improve drastically then we'll struggle to get 7k at home games. Playing OK football means nothing. It isn't as if we are watching Messi and Ronaldo is it? So, if the football is quite good for Scottish standards but we win nothing, how do club intend on enticing fans to keep going? We kept faith through all of the garbage (still on going), when will we get a decent team able of winning something? I'm a HSL supporter but I hold little faith of us having any contribution to players being noteworthy, 1 because of the destructive decline of the club (few fans willing to back it) and 2 we may still be in championship with players not good enough under contract, 3 I still have reservations of the money actually reaching the right place. I hold a very serious concern that these "changes" to the club have happened too late. Can't help but sense the presence of slippery slope and point of no return. Put it this way with so many fans already having turned their back on the club, more likely to do the same at end of this season if what is likely to happen, happens, our budget each year must be plummeting. We got relegated at worst possible time and during one of the worst periods for the club. No guarantee of promotion this year or next. Don't get me wrong, I don't see club going out of existence or something as drastic as that but I do see us readjusting to yet another lower level. When we do get promoted, bottom six will be what we'll end up being with low crowds etc. I hope this doesn't happen but lack if ambition is a disease the club have. Thinking about Hibs just makes me depressed to be honest, Scottish football in general actually, it is dying a slow death.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    "How has it come to this"? Years of neglect from those charged with running the club.

My biggest concern is unless things soon improve drastically then we'll struggle to get 7k at home games.
    As much as I hate to say it, I mentioned to a mate during the Derby that we could quite easily close the Famous Five stand on match days to reduce overheads and accommodate those supporters in the West and East. I wonder if we might see that happening next season.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Sorry, but if we can't even score against Falkirk in 90 mins at a neutral stadium then I honestly couldn't care what happens next season.

Ps. Falkirk are 5th in the second tier. Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post

My biggest concern is unless things soon improve drastically then we'll struggle to get 7k at home games. Playing OK football means nothing. It isn't as if we are watching Messi and Ronaldo is it? So, if the football is quite good for Scottish standards but we win nothing, how do club intend on enticing fans to keep going? We kept faith through all of the garbage (still on going), when will we get a decent team able of winning something? I'm a HSL supporter but I hold little faith of us having any contribution to players being noteworthy, 1 because of the destructive decline of the club (few fans willing to back it) and 2 we may still be in championship with players not good enough under contract, 3 I still have reservations of the money actually reaching the right place. I hold a very serious concern that these "changes" to the club have happened too late. Can't help but sense the presence of slippery slope and point of no return. Put it this way with so many fans already having turned their back on the club, more likely to do the same at end of this season if what is likely to happen, happens, our budget each year must be plummeting. We got relegated at worst possible time and during one of the worst periods for the club. No guarantee of promotion this year or next. Don't get me wrong, I don't see club going out of existence or something as drastic as that but I do see us readjusting to yet another lower level. When we do get promoted, bottom six will be what we'll end up being with low crowds etc. I hope this doesn't happen but lack if ambition is a disease the club have. Thinking about Hibs just makes me depressed to be honest, Scottish football in general actually, it is dying a slow death.
    Jeez.... I can just imagine that threads and posts like this are giving any yams looking in absolute joy.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah_hfc View Post
    Jeez.... I can just imagine that threads and posts like this are giving any yams looking in absolute joy.
    And I care what they think?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Sorry, but if we can't even score against Falkirk in 90 mins at a neutral stadium then I honestly couldn't care what happens next season.

Ps. Falkirk are 5th in the second tier. Pathetic
    We're 3rd in the second tier. We aren't a very good team unfortunately.

I'm not that fussed about keeping many of the out of contract players. Fontaine, Fyvie and Dylan yes. Other than that I'm not too bothered. We've largely under performed for most of the year.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Not just us losing our out of contract players, I see hearts are losing Danny Wilson. Hopefully that'll be a blow for them.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Not just us losing our out of contract players, I see hearts are losing Danny Wilson. Hopefully that'll be a blow for them.
    Is that definite?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Is that definite?
    Told Nelson and Potter during the week according to the Scotsman
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Told Nelson and Potter during the week according to the Scotsman
    Walker is going too 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post

Something to do with a gypsy curse, I understand.

Walker is going too 😁
    Is he contracted?

Is he contracted?
    Not sure but I'm told he's heading south. If he is contracted to them another year they will get a good price I'd imagine.

Not sure but I'm told he's heading south. If he is contracted to them another year they will get a good price I'd imagine.

Reality kicking in. Days of offering £8K a week to keep them are gone.

Shame.

Exactly mate, poor wee souls!

Exactly mate, poor wee souls!

He's done well in the Championship but never kicked a baw in the top league.

Might get £300K for him.

He's done well in the Championship but never kicked a baw in the top league.

Might get £300K for him.
    Yeah I think that would be the most they would get!

I can't believe some of the stuff im reading here!!!

Fans seem to change there mind after every game here! Losing 1 game doesn't mean we are terrible and all of our players are rubbish, in the same way if we win it doesn't mean they are all world class and we would walk the spl.