hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Rangers allowed to appeal second yellow card

A joke. One rule for us, another for Rangers - doesn't matter if it wasn't a booking or not, you CAN'T APPEAL IT. From the DR below:

"Rangers have appealed against the controversial second yellow card dished out to Daniel Candeias against St Mirren.

The Ibrox club have asked the SFA for a hearing and their request has been granted. Even though there is no mechanism to overturn a second yellow, Gers will get the chance to outline their case.

And ref Willie Collum will have to explain why he handed Candeias a second booking in the wake of Rangers’ second goal in the 2-0 win.

Candeias was sent off after being shown a second yellow and ordinarily you can't appeal a red card shown for two bookings.

But Rangers are launching an appeal due to the extraordinary nature of his second booking.

The Portuguese was shown his second yellow after a clash with Saints defender Anton Ferdinand but TV pictures clearly showed him doing nothing wrong.

Ferdinand had grabbed Candeias around his shoulder before lifting his fist into his face.

It happened as Candeias celebrated Alfredo Morelos' goal in the 2-0 win. His first booking was a result of him celebrating with the crowd after he broke the deadlock."

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I don't think we've got a case with Kamberi.

However this does set a precedent for others to do the same in the case of second yellows which is a good thing IMO

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

However this does set a precedent for others to do the same in the case of second yellows which is a good thing IMO
    I would hope so, but given this is the SFA I doubt it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Absolutely ridiculous...

But no surprise..

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous...

But no surprise..
    I agree its a shocking rule and no surprise with those clowns in charge.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    We definitely have a case for Kamberis first yellow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I would hope so, but given this is the SFA I doubt it.
    I await the SFA statement saying this is a one time only case with baited breath.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    While it is unsurprising that the SFA are allowing Sevco to do this first - if it leads to a change in the rules IMO this can only be a good thing.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    While it is unsurprising that the SFA are allowing Sevco to do this first - if it leads to a change in the rules IMO this can only be a good thing.
    There’s no chance they’ll do this for a non-OF team. Corrupt to the core.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    There’s no chance they’ll do this for a non-OF team. Corrupt to the core.
    Is that something you really believe, or is it just a pavlovian response?

Gamer IDs

You think no one else has received a ridiculous booking over the years and it happens to be coincidence that one of the big 2 are getting an unprecedented hearing?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    In terms of one rule for them, another for the rest? Yes. The trend on the appeals process so far supports that view.

In terms of corruption? Probably, yes. Probably not in terms of taking bungs but doing favours for certain officials/clubs and covering stuff up, absolutely.

There is no way they would be doing this for any club out with the bigot brothers

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I believe it. There’ll be tons of examples of someone being given a wrongful second yellow but not being able to appeal it. Minute it happens to trangers they bend the rules. Next time it happens to someone else and they try it they’ll be told that the rules don’t allow for it.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Just paving the way for a further appeal; against the result of the 2016 Scottish Cup Final.

Quite ridiculous that result was allowed to stand in the face of opposition from the vast majority of the Scottish Media, the Klan, and Jim Traynor.

Gamer IDs

Rules....and surely this one was mistaken identity?!?

Aye but we never mistook him for another hearts player- just the wrong team player

This is how absurd the game is.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.d...le-9769461.amp

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    It would be a decent step forward for amending the current rules against appealling yellow cards - just a shame it's taken until now and Rangers bleating about (though quite rightly IMO) their second yellow at the weekend for it to get consideration.

I also like that they're going to force Collum to explain his decision. Far too often do referees get teflon treatment in our game - they're accountable for their actions, and managers or captains should be able to question such a decision.

Since we're never going to bring in supporting technology, putting referee decisions under the spotlight and forcing them to defend their actions is the next best step.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    It would be a decent step forward for amending the current rules against appealling yellow cards - just a shame it's taken until now and Rangers bleating about (though quite rightly IMO) their second yellow at the weekend for it to get consideration.

I also like that they're going to force Collum to explain his decision. Far too often do referees get teflon treatment in our game - they're accountable for their actions, and managers or captains should be able to question such a decision.

Since we're never going to bring in supporting technology, putting referee decisions under the spotlight and forcing them to defend their actions is the next best step.
    Disagree. Re-refereeing games will only make things worse. They can then not care about their decisions as they know it will be amended after the game.

The step we should be taking is making referees full time, forcing them to take their role seriously and hopefully then enticing more referees to take the game up and therefore building a bigger range of referees meaning ‘promotion and relegation’ would be a real possibility for poor performances.

Handing out yellows, or rescinding yellow cards is dangerous and not a route we should be going down.

This is a joke. Put more pressure on the ref doing the huns game.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

Bit late even if we did

Unless the SFA would issue us a freebie - a "get out of jail free card" to be used at a later date.....

That would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I believe it. There’ll be tons of examples of someone being given a wrongful second yellow but not being able to appeal it. Minute it happens to trangers they bend the rules. Next time it happens to someone else and they try it they’ll be told that the rules don’t allow for it.
    You dont actually believe that, do you?

@hibs.net private member
    Opening a can of worms. Imagine the SFA will be inundated every Monday morning.

Disagree. A decent step forward would be for the clubs to sit round the table at the end of the season and vote on changing the rules going forward.

I agree that the Candeias sending off was a farce, I even accept that there should be some form of action taken against Collum as a result of this decision. What shouldn't happen is that the rules are amended mid-way through a season, without anyone being consulted about it.

You cannot have one rule for one incident and another rule for others. The current rule, rightly or wrongly, is that yellow cards cannot be appealed unless it was for diving or mistaken identity. Since neither of these apply to the Candeias case then he should not be allowed an appeal.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I’d go as far as scrapping the appeals process as it is. We all get duff decisions but this now weekly ritual of appeals and retrospective cards is becoming tiresome with everyone convinced there is a conspiracy against their own club. I don’t think all this helps in encouraging people into refereeing at the top level of Scottish Football or is helping improve standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I’d go as far as scrapping the appeals process as it is. We all get duff decisions but this now weekly ritual of appeals and retrospective cards is becoming tiresome with everyone convinced there is a conspiracy against their own club. I don’t think all this helps in encouraging people into refereeing at the top level of Scottish Football or is helping improve standards.
    The appeals process would be fine if it even appeared to semi-work.

The appeals that are upheld and those that are dismissed appear to occur entirely at random, and now they're going above their own rules.

It makes a mockery of the whole thing, and there's an element of logic in saying "the referee's decision is final".

Left by mutual consent!

Should help the referees making anymore big calls against the zombies in future most likely.

Left by mutual consent!
    Absolute joke. Somehow, somewhere they will still feel the SFA are against them though.

@hibs.net private member
    Someone has told me that this rule was changed for season 2017/18 after Martin decision. Various appeals have been heard recently, including Aberdeen a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone know if this is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Someone has told me that this rule was changed for season 2017/18 after Martin decision. Various appeals have been heard recently, including Aberdeen a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone know if this is correct?
    I heard this too. Makes a mockery of the original story, but what can you expect from the Daily Record?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    If I was sevco I'd appeal celtcs last two trebles. With the lodge mentality that runs Scottish football they've got to be in with a shout.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby