hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 195 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 951451851931941951961972052452956951195 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,850 of 44390
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's not really though has he? He's asked to know who the panel consisted of and no more but I'll give you that he's done it to deflect criticism and put pressure either on the bidders, admins or the football authorities and carry favour with the rangers hordes.
    There was a Rangers observer at the meeting, so McCoist would know fine well who was on the panel, or how to easily find out who they were.

With that in mind, his motivation in making this statement appears very sinister.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular GORDONSMITH7's Avatar
    Love it, shaping up well for both sides of the Infirm to have uber persecution complexes.

“All options are on the table and no Rangers player or supporter can credibly play in or support the national side until this ridiculous decision is reversed.”

Prediction........Rangers players will still wear their Scotland strips and Rangers fans their England ones. No change.

BIG G

St Patrick's A Progressive Branch

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post
    “Craig Whyte kidnapped Rangers Football Club and now the authorities are blaming the hostage.

What an utter pile of ***** that article is!

They don't do balanced journalism, do they?

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875godsgift View Post
    “Craig Whyte kidnapped Rangers Football Club and now the authorities are blaming the hostage.

What an utter pile of ***** that article is!

They don't do balanced journalism, do they?
    Look forward to the one real journalist (Alex Thomson) writing about it. The rest are primary school level clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post

May one borrow borrow this for networking purposes?

Only criticism is it's difficult to discern the letters LOL on the orange-utans ribbons...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    May one borrow borrow this for networking purposes?

Only criticism is it's difficult to discern the letters LOL on the orange-utans ribbons...
    Borrow, borrow away

Sorry about that

here's a LOL of a different kind

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    So the reporters have obviously trawlled through the rangers forums and didn't think the vile abuse and death threats were worth mentioning.

IMO that's bigger news than a boycott given the seriousness with which the law is now handling them and the fuss they were making when other clubs fans were in court under the same legislation.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member PeeKay's Avatar
    McCoist's intemperate language in his interview has put the lives of the three panel members at risk.

"Who are these people? I want to know who these people are. I'm a Rangers supporter and the Rangers supporters and the Scottish public deserve to know who these people are, people who are working for the SFA. Make no mistake about it, this is an SFA decision. They have appointed the panel so therefore they are working for the SFA, but who are they? I think we have a right to know who is handing out this punishment to us, I really do."

And what exactly did fatboy think the "supporters" would do with that information? If a female MSP can be sent a bomb in the post for wearing a celtic jersey, what did he expect would happen when the peepul found out the names of those whom he accuses of killing his club?

The SFA should hammer him for inflaming and already emotion-packed situation.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeKay View Post
    McCoist's intemperate language in his interview has put the lives of the three panel members at risk.

"Who are these people? I want to know who these people are. I'm a Rangers supporter and the Rangers supporters and the Scottish public deserve to know who these people are, people who are working for the SFA. Make no mistake about it, this is an SFA decision. They have appointed the panel so therefore they are working for the SFA, but who are they? I think we have a right to know who is handing out this punishment to us, I really do."

And what exactly did fatboy think the "supporters" would do with that information? If a female MSP can be sent a bomb in the post for wearing a celtic jersey, what did he expect would happen when the peepul found out the names of those whom he accuses of killing his club?

Personally I think that Strathclyde Police should be having a word with him, never mind the SFA!
    Sent from my keyboard using my fingers

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Fat Ally seemed to forgot to mention to this, as quoted by fellow tosser Reagan:

"The judicial panel tribunal is an independent body made up of three members appointed from a list of more than 100," he said in response to the furious reaction from fans and the administrators.

"The implementation of the judicial panel process was approved unanimously by all member clubs at last year's annual general meeting to bring efficiency, transparency and independence to the execution of football rules."

I suspect the actions and comments of McCoist et al are borne out of an increasingly impending realisation that their situation is becoming progressively more desperate by the day. Whittaker making comments re the wages in the press and bust ups and suspensions with senior pro's would suggest that McCoist is struggling to hold it all together and, with one eye aware that many potential future employers are watching, is keen to deflect criticism away from himself.

As CWG has pointed out a number if times the money will run out pretty soon and they are no further forward, in fact they appear to be going backwards as every avenue that is investigated appears to uncover even more misdemeanours.

There is no doubt in my mind that responsibility for this mess lies squarely at the door of David Murray and his cohorts (Bain, King, Murray P, Ogilvie and the rest) and CW is merely the patsy, and that Rangers are in the mess they are in because they knowingly attempted to bypass the tax laws of GB. They thought they were being smart and as a result deserve everything that is coming to them.

On a similar theme Celtic lost the LC Final and the SC semi because their highly paid stars could not take the pressure, nothing else, which goes a long way to explaining why they are at Parkhead and not in the big leagues.

The ongoing situation whereby they are both claiming to be victims of some sort of plot by the authorities favouring the other is becoming tedious, considering that they clean up most of the trophies between them, and given the number of referee resignations this season they appear to be becoming unmanageable.
    Last edited by Kaiser1962; 26-04-2012 at 07:33 AM.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

All Hibbies know what a sleekit little cretin McCoist really is.

Anyone got a link to the footage of the big bust-up in Souness's debut at Easter Road when the little snake sneaks up behind Mark Foulton, hits him with a rabbit punch, then does a runner.

Copies of the link should be posted on other Fans sites and Alex Thomson's Blog etc. I think the Cheeky Chappy is going to find his image severely damaged.

Blog Entries

The irony in that is staggering and laughable if not so serious...so the individuals were appointed and operating on behalf of the organisation...so its the organisation to blame....EH... but Murray / Whyte were individulas who did naughty things...and its only the naughty boys to blame...NOT the organisation...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17844658 - reasonable summary on Beeb of situation today

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

Anyone got a link to the footage of the big bust-up in Souness's debut at Easter Road when the little snake sneaks up behind Mark Foulton, hits him with a rabbit punch, then does a runner.

Copies of the link should be posted on other Fans sites and Alex Thomson's Blog etc. I think the Cheeky Chappy is going to find his image severely damaged.
    Time McCoist was exphunged from the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    I suspect the actions and comments of McCoist et al are borne out of an increasingly impending realisation that their situation is becoming progressively more desperate by the day. Whittaker making comments re the wages in the press and bust ups and suspensions with senior pro's would suggest that McCoist is struggling to hold it all together and, with one eye aware that many potential future employers are watching, is keen to deflect criticism away from himself.

As CWG has pointed out a number if times the money will run out pretty soon and they are no further forward, in fact they appear to be going backwards as every avenue that is investigated appears to uncover even more misdemeanours.

There is no doubt in my mind that responsibility for this mess lies squarely at the door of David Murray and his cohorts (Bain, King, Murray P, Ogilvie and the rest) and CW is merely the patsy, and that Rangers are in the mess they are in because they knowingly attempted to bypass the tax laws of GB. They thought they were being smart and as a result deserve everything that is coming to them.

On a similar theme Celtic lost the LC Final and the SC semi because their highly paid stars could not take the pressure, nothing else, which goes a long way to explaining why they are at Parkhead and not in the big leagues.

The ongoing situation whereby they are both claiming to be victims of some sort of plot by the authorities favouring the other is becoming tedious, considering that they clean up most of the trophies between them, and given the number of referee resignations this season they appear to be becoming unmanageable.
    Agree with that but would add any laws and regulations that didn't suit them.
    Space to let

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    McCoist's comments are shameful IMO and there is certainly an arguement to suggest that he has started this uproar.

No surprise whatsoever that the knuckle-dragging rangers fans are lapping it up and living off every word.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Sorry. I feel like Columbo here with the questions being drawn like teeth.

Opens door to leave and hesitates ...

There's something that I just can't get me head around with these accounts.

IIRC its already been mentioned on here that the bricks and mortar assets, mainly Ibrox and Murray Park, were valued at £110m in the accounts. I assume this is their value for football related activities on the grounds others have said the value would be much less otherwise.

The debt is £134m.

So how come those attempting to buy the club think they can get away with bids of 10, 20, 25 million?

Surely the minimum should be the value of the assets if they propose to continue as a football club? Afterall that is their intention.

Or, taking into consideration what has been said about true and fair value and liabilities from inaccurate accounts and auditors, they could / should be in trouble.

The figures for fixed assets in a balance sheet don't usually reflect their resale value- ER is valued at £18.5m in the accounts, but that represents its depreciated replacement cost (i.e. how much it would cost to rebuild less the amount of use we've already had out of it) and it's unlikely that anyone would pay that amount for it. That means that in terms of selling the assets as opposed to the business the balance sheet values don't actually tell us very much. One of the reasons it's done that way is that no-one can really tell how much the resale value is until they actually try to sell it. In truth, both RFC as a business and Ibrox/Murray Park as properties are worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay for them, and in the current circumstances it's very much a buyer's market. The administrators have to decide whether they can get more for the assets individually or from selling RFC as a business.

However, as I mentioned a few pages back, RFC's accounts describe the value of freehold property as being based on their 'recoverable amount' and that amount is £112m. I think that's bad wording and the auditors should have insisted on changing it. If I was a creditor I would be pointing this out to the administrators and saying that was the sort of value they should be looking to get from it if they were selling it to a newco and the amount that should be included in the calculations if they were selling it to knights or millers. I wouldn't expect to succeed, but it might bump up the price a bit. And yes, I think the auditors have a case to answer for that wording rather than for the valuation itself.

I do think the amounts being quoted by prospective buyers are far too low and it must be touch and go whether there's any point in continuing with the administration.

What the huns fans do not take into account is the fact that the club benefitted from from the financial mismanagement , that benefit must now be removed and and some of it has been removed by the SFA's decision. The next move must be by the SPL in not allowing a newco to re enter the SPL but the only trouble is Ralph Topping and Doncaster are the ones leading on this decision so don't hold your breath on that two standing firm !.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post
    HERE’S my tip to the SFA to solve the Rangers mess — go ahead and dump the club in Division Three.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...#ixzz1t61mkCAq
    Andy and Andy
    And if Rangers are packed off to Division Three, then let’s get Murray Park working. Let’s get their equivalents of the Tony Watts coming through.
    Good on Celtic for finding the kid who got a double at Motherwell on Sunday. Good on the kid for taking his chance when it came along.
    Now it’s Rangers’ chance to find them, nurture them and get them exposed to Third Division defenders and conditions.
    Just like all the other teams have been doing for years, ya clown - bringing through young talent that the OF snap up.

We're not the ones who'll find it difficult to live within our means - we've been doing it legally for years.

Trumpets.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    McCoist has condemned the threats to the SFA officials. Well that's ok then Sally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    McCoist has condemned the threats to the SFA officials. Well that's ok then Sally.
    Threats that he, implicitly, encouraged seeing as everyone else knew the consequences of this rant earlier in the week. A***h**e of the highest order.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    More refreshing writing from Alex Thomson -

I’ve waited a day or two to write this. And I write on the train from Amsterdam to The Hague to witness the first ever head of state receiving sentence for war crimes.
    So everything’s relative. Even Rangers…

And from outwith Glasgow the perspective’s glaring.
    Faced with a judicial process at the Scottish Football Association and a due appeal process (active now) to be heard before a retired judge or QC – faced with all that, what does the Rangers manager Ally McCoist do?
    Bide his time? Seek appeal advice? Reserve comment on an obviously sub-judicial procedure?
    No – he suddenly demands on Rangers TV on Tuesday that the Scottish Football Association panel which imposed a 12 month ban on the club buying players be identified in public.
    As an act of such irresponsibility in the current climate beggars belief. Like so many in this drama Mr McCoist goes “public” in an environment where I doubt he’ll never be properly questioned.
    Far from letting due process happen and preparing the case for appeal, Mr McCoist chooses a lynch mob approach potentially putting the safety of these people at risk.
    It’s an action redolent of the lack of reality, prudence, judgement and moral decency which has characterised so much of a club that’s brought the game into deep disrepute. Moreover, some might observe that Mr McCoist’s inflammatory tantrum is in itself likely to bring the club and himself into disrepute.
    Will Mr McCoist be equally “public” in facing up to the responsibility of what he’s done? Given the cowardice of his initial act, you have to say it’s doubtful.

Mr McCoist and Rangers need another reminder that even Glasgow football is now living in the 21st century. Rules get applied – even to Rangers. Outside Glasgow football where else would anyone in normal public life question the independence of the panel as he did – then call for them to he named for the mob? Yet the sheer and obvious outrage his actions should provoke raises little adverse comment in the city. No – so much attention remains focused on the astounding fact that a club that broke rules got punished. Doh!
    Small wonder it leaves SFA chief executive saying the rules will be applied without fear or favour. But why should he have to? In any normal world this is a given and accepted. In Glasgow football the man imposing the rules has to say he’ll do his job as if it’s news.
    Meanwhile, if I get time in the small matter of a war crimes court, I shall ask the SFA if they intend charging Ally McCoist with bringing the game into dispute for questioning the SFA’s motives, independence and arguably, putting the safety of its independent panel at risk.
    Meanwhile… Charles Taylor… Sierra Leone… mass rape… child soldiers… death by machete… and a city and a court where yes, they apply the rules without fear or favour and they don’t feel the need to say so.

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    Andy and Andy

Just like all the other teams have been doing for years, ya clown - bringing through young talent that the OF snap up.

We're not the ones who'll find it difficult to live within our means - we've been doing it legally for years.

Trumpets.
    Aye but now its pay back time,all SPL teams should be putting in paltry bids for their up and coming young players, cos they cant even afford to hold on to them.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Threats that he, implicitly, encouraged seeing as everyone else knew the consequences of this rant earlier in the week. A***h**e of the highest order.
    Sally and RFC are like all bullies, they don't like it up them and squeal like wee pigs when they're on the receiving end. GIRFUY!

@hibs.net private member PeeKay's Avatar
    SPL manager questions the integrity of an SFA referee = touchline ban and fine.

McCoist questions the integrity of the whole SFA = what????????????

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17851897

McCoist had stated his wish to know which three men had handed the club a 12-month transfer ban.
    "I would not for one moment want anyone to interpret my remarks as a signal to engage in any form of threatening behaviour," said McCoist.

ok sally

"I hope that our appeal can be dealt with by the SFA as quickly as possible as the situation for the club and the possible ramifications for Scottish football are very serious."

i'm interpreting the above statement as trying to put pressure on any appeal panel that it would be very silly not to change their mind, still, it's nice of you to worry about possible ramifications for scottish football

Remember how Neil Doncaster & Chick Young told us NewHuns couldn't join the SFL in Div3? Amazingly, that turns out to be a load of old bollocks, who'dve thought it?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...6908-23837719/

Super ******** should be arrested and charged IMO.

Incitement to getting Buckie-swilling rat-people into a lather.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    McCoist had stated his wish to know which three men
    All he had to do was ask the Rangers club rep who was at the hearing.