hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed. Completely agree. Hyndman for me has done nothing of note to merit his place in the team never mind a start. Perhaps harsh but I've no time for players who just wander around doing bare minimum.

Enough has been said about Whittaker but for me he's done. I can't keep waiting for him to have a good game after a couple of well below par games.

Again I'll probably catch some flack but to be where we want to be we need better and as you say Lennon I s responsible for the team we have and equally the team which starts.
    even though whittaker had a good game? time for people to give it a rest now, he done nowt wrong today

2. Log in to remove the advert

Has to be 4-4-2 going forward, three quality wingers in the squad and Kamberi looks a different man with McLaren up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    even though whittaker had a good game? time for people to give it a rest now, he done nowt wrong today
    Watch sport scene tomorrow and then say that. He is far too passive marking his man on both Killie goals. You can’t be at fault on two goals and say it’s been a good days work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can tell that when Milligan settles into the squad he'll be priceless.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Great win against a really good Kilmarnock side but how I wish I hadn't decided to take a 'peep' at this thread.

What a bunch of moaning, greeting faced bams. I genuinely despair at the amount of posters on here who look for nothing positive from a good victory.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Indeed. Completely agree. Hyndman for me has done nothing of note to merit his place in the team never mind a start. Perhaps harsh but I've no time for players who just wander around doing bare minimum.

Enough has been said about Whittaker but for me he's done. I can't keep waiting for him to have a good game after a couple of well below par games.

Again I'll probably catch some flack but to be where we want to be we need better and as you say Lennon I s responsible for the team we have and equally the team which starts.
    Whittaker was very good today.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I don't see what Whittaker done wrong today. At times he can look a wee bit slow to release the ball, but generally it's not wasted when he does. In saying that I think Milligan will offer more.

He was ok when we had the ball but he slows everything down to a snail's pace mate. And without the ball his defending was pretty brutal. But I agree he was better than Hyndman- the invisible man

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

When did Milligan last start a game? Perhaps unrealistic to think he would last 90 mins today. Kamberi was rusty as hell, the ball was just pinging off him but the run out and goal will give him a lift.
    MacLaren pepped up the team with a burst of energy and Agyepong was promising with some good runs.
    Horgan was a box of tricks in the first half, although he lost his man for Killie’s first, then looked like his boots were on the wrong feet after the interval.
    Mallan’s free kick was a beauty. His best so far? Still think he hasn’t quite found his best position though.
    Hyndman just floated around on the periphery. If the kid was meant to be a replacement for Scotty Allan then that particular move appears to have backfired.
    Ambrose was head and shoulders above everyone else on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Watch sport scene tomorrow and then say that. He is far too passive marking his man on both Killie goals. You can’t be at fault on two goals and say it’s been a good days work.

dont need to watch sportscene when i seen him play today, and he wasnt at fault for both goals

@hibs.net private member
    dont need to watch sportscene when i seen him play today, and he wasnt at fault for both goals
    He was getting the blame either way.

Milligan looked much the same when he came on - hard to say though after 20 minutes.

Both are better footballers than Bartley. Depends on what you’re looking for from a defensive midfielder I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Great win against a really good Kilmarnock side but how I wish I hadn't decided to take a 'peep' at this thread.

What a bunch of moaning, greeting faced bams. I genuinely despair at the amount of posters on here who look for nothing positive from a good victory.
    An excellent win, against a very good team - absolutely nothing to moan about today.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Take the 3 points but that was awful

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    A good game? Was mediocre at best. Offers nothing. Far too lackadaisical and the majority of the time it's because he can't keep up with play. I dont blame him per se. But more Lennon for expecting too much of him in the role he plays. Hyndman was anonymous without making and obvious mistakes. Whittaker tried but just can't find consistency due to a lack of pace and poor decision making. There's a reason why after they 2 went off we started to play football through the middle and actually started winning second balls.

A good game? Was mediocre at best. Offers nothing. Far too lackadaisical and the majority of the time it's because he can't keep up with play. I dont blame him per se. But more Lennon for expecting too much of him in the role he plays. Hyndman was anonymous without making and obvious mistakes. Whittaker tried but just can't find consistency due to a lack of pace and poor decision making. There's a reason why after they 2 went off we started to play football through the middle and actually started winning second balls.
    aye ok if you say so

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

aye ok if you say so
    Just did.

Hes done nothing wrong? Even Lennon saw that and subbed him. Whittaker was awful today and is far too pedestrian to play in midfield now.

First Team Breakthrough
    442 is the way to go for now.

My take is we literally just miss an SJM. Nobody wants to show for the ball, take it and drive... Hopefully we've got that in Milligan. How many minutes did we spend pissing about in our own half passing, getting to half way line and doing F all? With McGinn in the team, automically give him the ball and we move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Hes done nothing wrong? Even Lennon saw that and subbed him. Whittaker was awful today and is far too pedestrian to play in midfield now.
    no he wasnt, players get subbed for a variety of reasons, you clearly dont rate him but stop making things up
    Last edited by Allant1981; 15-09-2018 at 05:07 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Whittaker was far from awful. People must watch a different game. Far far better than Hyndman who doesn’t get nearly the same level of criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by thegaffer12 View Post
    You can tell that when Milligan settles into the squad he'll be priceless.
    Not just for his bite in midfield but the affect he'll have on those around him. Will do the simple, dirty job well and allow the ball players to do their thing. The team that finished today is very decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Whittaker was far from awful. People must watch a different game. Far far better than Hyndman who doesn’t get nearly the same level of criticism.
    Hyndman was poor today as well. Type of performance Slivka puts in. He’s a tidy player but not enough bite to him.

I'LL be amazed if hyndman is here beyond January

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Hyndman was poor today as well. Type of performance Slivka puts in. He’s a tidy player but not enough bite to him.

Sorry but Slivka has had far better matches for us than Hyndman today...he did the square foot of ###k all all game ...and not for the 1st time this season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    I'LL be amazed if hyndman is here beyond January
    On what I have seen so far I tend to agree Think when we have a fully fit squad match fit he will struggle to get in first 11

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I'm going to say the same about Hyndman as other have said about Slivka. There looks like a class player in there somewhere but he just doesn't do enough.

Maybe in the course of time he'll be a good one, all is not lost.

Thread is only 12 pages long so we must have won the game. I wasn't able to watch it so I'm assuming that Whittaker has been judged to have been rank (or pish in the .net vernacular). What about the news guys Agyepong and Milligan? How were they?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Whilst you weren't necessarily directing your message at me, let's be honest, we got lucky today with a penalty that it seems more and more wasnt a pen. The defence has been leaking goals too easily in recent weeks and for me the midfield have to apportion some of the blame.

Stevenson was out of position and Horgan gave his man far too much space after a simple give and go.
    Their second was a good finish but again we let players swan through midfield too easily and midfield pairing of

Whittaker and Hyndman isn't for me. I agree that Hyndman was probably the worst (perhaps the least effective) player on the park today and has yet to give me any reason to believe he's worth a start. Equally though I don't think Whittaker merits a start. I do feel that the crowd getting on his case has dented his confidence a bit but he needs a breather. Starting Whittaker for me just isn't the answer to our woes right now. Don't agree then fair enough. But I watched the same game as everyone else today. He may not have been the worst but more than that he's isn't capable of much more than what he offered today...
    Last edited by CMac1988; 15-09-2018 at 05:38 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Thread is only 12 pages long so we must have won the game. I wasn't able to watch it so I'm assuming that Whittaker has been judged to have been rank (or pish in the .net vernacular). What about the news guys Agyepong and Milligan? How were they?
    Ag yep of looks like he will be useful ... Milligan looks solid and once match fit will be a big asset