hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Good performance from start to finish. Albania were rank but you can only play who you’re up against. A fit/in form Griffiths is vital for us though for the Euro qualifiers.
    Last edited by Bishop Hibee; 10-09-2018 at 09:10 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They qualified for Euro 2016.
    The might have but they were still utterly garbage tonight.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Wasted 45 minutes and didn't even get the payoff of seeing the win, as my boss decided to take me for lunch!

Glad we got a win at last!
    Sook

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    17 something
    Cheers.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    was busy watching a film on Film 4 , but was pleasantly surprised by the score when I had a look once it was finished. Well done Scotland.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Deserved the win, we were much the better side.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Thought we played well and controlled it throughout. A couple of slack passes but McGinn was excellent. The defence was much improved and for me man of the match for me was Stephen O'Donnell.

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Thought we played well and controlled it throughout. A couple of slack passes but McGinn was excellent. The defence was much improved and for me man of the match for me was Stephen O'Donnell.
    Wouldn’t quite have had him down as MOTM, but was surprised to see people criticising his performance. I’m not sure he will be a regular starter but thought he did all right.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    O'Donnell is absolute garbage, how is he getting a game, Gray is a far better RB option, jeez get Boyle in there as a wingback even.
    Can't believe what I'm reading. Thought O'Donnell was brilliant. Good defensively, won plenty in the air and offered a lot going forward.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I’ve seen a couple of people saying this on twitter and I just don’t see it at all. Thought he looked pretty poor. Defensively he was never tested but I thought he looked clumsy and awkward, reminded me a bit of Kirk Broadfoot, who to be fair to him was/is annoyingly effective at times.

Is he normally played at right back for Kilmarnock?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’ve seen a couple of people saying this on twitter and I just don’t see it at all. Thought he looked pretty poor. Defensively he was never tested but I thought he looked clumsy and awkward, reminded me a bit of Kirk Broadfoot, who to be fair to him was/is annoyingly effective at times.

Is he normally played at right back for Kilmarnock?
    I hadn't even heard of him before he was called up but assuming he plays there.

Suppose this goes to show just how varied opinions can be even when there's no bias involved.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Far better performance. Dominated throughout and played at a great pace for a change. But for some poor finishing in the first half it could’ve much more convincing. Top o the league!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Can't believe what I'm reading. Thought O'Donnell was brilliant. Good defensively, won plenty in the air and offered a lot going forward.
    I thought he was ok, but going forward i thought he offered very little. I'd have put Forrest on in place of him, he's much more direct, and in my opinion would have created much more.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Here's a question that's popped up watching this game.

Have you ever seen a happy Albanian?
    Nope, especially not in my house 😂

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Was at the game tonight and just logged on. Had a quick read through this match thread, don’t think I’ve read so much bolocks in ages. Scotland played well and dominated the game. With a bit better finishing and composure would have scored a few more
    Thought Naismith had a cracking game and led the line well, was impressed with how O’Donnell did too

3 great points and I hope we can kick on, as we’ll an enjoy a resurgent Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I thought he was ok, but going forward i thought he offered very little. I'd have put Forrest on in place of him, he's much more direct, and in my opinion would have created much more.
    Didn't take on his man as such but liked the way he was always willing to overlap and try get in behind. Certainly gave us an attacking threat which we lack in so many games. The opposition was pretty garbage though which helped.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Scotland have some pretty decent players coming through now: Tierney, Robertson, McGinn, McGregor, Armstrong, McTominay all look good. Griffiths is quality and McGregor is a top goalkeeper.

I'm still not sure about Souttar. He's never impressed me playing against Hibs, and tonight although I thought he was ok, he was playing against nothing. I've always thought Naismith is a very limited footballer who has done very well for himself; granted he runs about all day and scores goals but lacks quality for me.

Thought McDonald was poor and deserved to be hooked at half time. Wasn't impressed with O'Donnell - tried hard and won headers but looked a bit ordinary. Mulgrew is past it for me but centre back is the weakest part of the team and he's probably the best we've got.

Just back from Hampden. Maybe you just see things differently (probably not as clearly!) from the stands but I didn't think Naismith played well at all apart from his goal (I thought he'd got the first one too at the match), but he had No 9 on his back and ultimately did what was required of him. He never hides or stops trying either. I would've hooked him at ht for Sparky though!

Best men for me were SJM, Tierney, Mulgrew, O'Donnell & Souttar. Good performance overall, and 2-0 flattered Albania.

First Team Breakthrough Fisherrow Harp's Avatar
    I love Scotland as much as anyone, though let’s be honest here, we beat Albania 2-0 in a glorified friendly!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherrow Harp View Post
    I love Scotland as much as anyone, though let’s be honest here, we beat Albania 2-0 in a glorified friendly!
    Thought we played pretty rubbish to be honest, they were terrible and should have scored twice.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    It's not a glorified friendly.

It's a competition which offers a realistic chance of qualification to Euro 2020.

Why hasn't the press, or the SFA for that matter, explained that properly?

This is a serious tournament.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

First Team Breakthrough Fisherrow Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It's not a glorified friendly.

It's a competition which offers a realistic chance of qualification to Euro 2020.

Why hasn't the press, or the SFA for that matter, explained that properly?

This is a serious tournament.
    I get that, it’s the intertoto cup for national teams. If this is our route into 2020 then, as we all probably know deep down inside if we are being honest with ourselves, is a sad state tbh. Regarding the press and SFA, don’t mean to be rude but really don’t think I need them to “explain”it to me. It is what t is with or without uefa propaganda, which will no doubt churn a few more coins.

I get that, it’s the intertoto cup for national teams. If this is our route into 2020 then, as we all probably know deep down inside if we are being honest with ourselves, is a sad state tbh. Regarding the press and SFA, don’t mean to be rude but really don’t think I need them to “explain”it to me. It is what t is with or without uefa propaganda, which will no doubt churn a few more coins.
    Sorry but this is not correct. It's not like the Intertoto Cup at all. Win this group and we are in a play-off, guaranteed, for Euro 2020 - i.e. the thing, other than automatic qualification, we've been striving for since about 2003/4 when we last made a play-off! It is a legitimate route to the Euros and I could not give a monkeys how we get there, if we get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Sorry but this is not correct. It's not like the Intertoto Cup at all. Win this group and we are in a play-off, guaranteed, for Euro 2020 - i.e. the thing, other than automatic qualification, we've been striving for since about 2003/4 when we last made a play-off! It is a legitimate route to the Euros and I could not give a monkeys how we get there, if we get there.
    This

Left by mutual consent!
    I ate some humble pie, team selection in the end was spot on and Naismith contributed well.

Could've and should've been 5 or 6 but can't complain about a solid win against tricky opposition.

Mcginn has cemented his place in the team and has the drive we desperately need.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Albania who qualified for the last Euros.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Thought Naismith had a cracking game and led the line well, was impressed with how O’Donnell did too
    Agree with that. Think people need to take off the green tinted specs. Naismith led the line well; we're lucky to have him, last night anyway. Far from finished as others have said.

I thought O'Donnell played well. First time I've seen him and was very impressed. Think someone said didn't offer much in the final rhird, yet there were a couple of times he was virtually our most forward advanced player in the six yard box. One should have resulted in a goal but shot was blocked for a corner.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Albania who qualified for the last Euros.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Qualified 3 years ago. They were garbage last night but thought Scotland played well enough, decent on the ball, good pace, just poor finishing stopped it from being a more comfortable scoreline.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    Thought we played pretty rubbish to be honest, they were terrible and should have scored twice.
    We also missed about three or four good chances and dominated the game throughout. I thought we played well with some room for improvement in some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    Rubbish?? Absolute nonsense. Are you forgetting we could have scored another 2 or 3?