hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boyle

Boyle

I thought boyle played well tonight but I feel he is so much more effective when he plays on the right and commits players down the line. He's a great out ball down there imo. Felt like McLaren should have came on earlier for someone else and boyle pushed to that right hand side.
    Last edited by SChibs; 09-08-2018 at 09:47 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought boyle played well tonight but I feel he is so much more eff3ctive when he plays on the right and commits players down the line. He's a great out ball down there imo. Felt like McLaren should have came on earlier for someone else and boyle pushed to that right hand side.
    I think Lennon has a bit decision to make. I agree Boyle is more effective wide but who do you drop to accommodate that

Left by mutual consent!
    Boyle as Agyepong on the wings will be some viewing IMO.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    I thought boyle played well tonight but I feel he is so much more eff3ctive when he plays on the right and commits players down the line. He's a great out ball down there imo. Felt like McLaren should have came on earlier for someone else and boyle pushed to that right hand side.
    Agree he's effective down the wing, and would have like to have seen McLaren stretching the defence and opening up space. But, with a back 5 and Gray playing well at RWB it makes it difficult to justify playing him wide right.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

We were crying out for McLaren to come on from about 70 minutes, not sure what the point is in only bringing him on in the 90th minute.

Three at the back makes it hard to play wingers unless they play as wing backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Agree. Much better on the right.

We're missing something at the moment that would allow us to play Boyle wide right; imo we need either a left winger (Agyepong?) or someone to play centre back that we trust either right of a back 3 with Boyle wing back or a partner for Hanlon in a back 4.

Lenny is gonna have to change the system to accommodate Boyle, he's one of our best and most effective players every week

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Boyle can play on the right of a 3-5-2 fairly well but SDG has been exceptional since getting back into the team so he won't be taking that position from him. Other than as a striker, which is definitely not his best position, I'm not sure where he'll fit in. Maybe worth considering a 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3?

Once Maclaren is fully fit Boyle will revert to RWB and Gray will drop out, harsh but inevitable IMO.

Whatever happens in Europe we’ll still have a lot of games, with the League Cup on the horizon, so we’ll be rotating anyway and Gray will get his share of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Once Maclaren is fully fit Boyle will revert to RWB and Gray will drop out, harsh but inevitable IMO.

Whatever happens in Europe we’ll still have a lot of games, with the League Cup on the horizon, so we’ll be rotating anyway and Gray will get his share of games.
    The way Gray is playing there is absolutely no chance he can drop out IMO.

Promising Youngster
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Doogz97
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    The way Gray is playing there is absolutely no chance he can drop out IMO.
    100% this, he’s been like a new signing.

4-4-2 - straight forward. Two wingers with Boyle and the new boy. Mallan and Slivka in the middle. Flo and Mac up front.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthRoadHibee View Post
    100% this, he’s been like a new signing.
    Definitely, his performances the last few games have been absolutely colossal. Gives us a great out ball for Hanlon to switch onto that beautiful baldy napper on the corner of the opponents box aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    4-4-2 - straight forward. Two wingers with Boyle and the new boy. Mallan and Slivka in the middle. Flo and Mac up front.
    slivka is not up to a starting berth.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Mallan and Slivka would get run all over. Both weak defensively.

@hibs.net private member
    I thought Boyle and Kamberi struggled tonight. Surprised he got sponsors MOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunfyhibee View Post
    Lenny is gonna have to change the system to accommodate Boyle, he's one of our best and most effective players every week
    We played a pretty makeshift formation/ selection tonight while the changes in personnel bed in.........we did have much option

Hibs will interchange easily between 3-5-2 and 4-2-3-1 depending on the quality of opposition. Team will be full of pace, strength, desire, skill and work rate.

SDG is playing superbly at the moment plus he is a fine captain who has a straight no nonsense attitude.

Had a fantastic first touch in the second half when his first touch knocked a searing crossfield pass past the left back to get in behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Three at the back makes it hard to play wingers unless they play as wing backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think just now it’s more the personnel driving the formation if we have wingers available and 2 strikers up to speed I’d say it may change. Sure he will still use the 352 at times tho as like has been said boyles did well in that full back position in the 5

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Yep. I thought the same

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Same here

Kamberi looked to have injured his arm at one point in the 2nd half, was surprised he was kept on after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    Mallan and Slivka would get run all over. Both weak defensively.
    Mallan has shown nothing to say he’s weak defensively. He’s enjoys getting stuck in and starting attacks from deep and Slivka is very assured on the ball. However, I can’t see him going 4-4-2 anyway. More than likely one up front with 3 in behind with Hyndman and the two wingers, with Mallan deeper with Marv. Can’t see Boyle starting up front in front of Maclaren for too long so he may have to drop Gray if he sticks with 3 at the back.

Good thing is we now have a lot of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    slivka is not up to a starting berth.
    Game of two halves from Slivka. Thought he did really well first half. Mostly anon second.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Game of two halves from Slivka. Thought he did really well first half. Mostly anon second.
    Funny cause I thought the opposite sat off them looked leggy first half had more drive and energy second and got higher up the park. All about opinions tho 👍

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post

We were crying out for McLaren to come on from about 70 minutes, not sure what the point is in only bringing him on in the 90th minute.
    Unless Lennie was playing for time it made no sense at all. Neither did playing for time, come to think of it. if

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Started off well then drifted into obscurity. Needs to rev up his engine IMO.
    Last edited by snooky; 09-08-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

No way can we drop SDG on current form...not a chance

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Very disappointed in Kamberi tonight. To be fair, he was only fed scraps. Nevertheless, he didn't do anything with them. Not sure if he was 100% fit though.