hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Testimonial Due

Lennon - Mobile phones banned. What would you change?

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...yers-1-4798974

Article today Lennon saying mobile phones are banned from training at Hibs. If you could have it your way what other things would you change and revert to more ''old school'' ways for the modern day footballer?

in the general world of football or can be specifically something you would like to see back at hibs?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I read an article a while back about the All Blacks and how they all pitch in to clean the changing rooms and carry out any tasks that need done. It's part of the honour of playing for the side.

Whilst it's hard to translate that to football because players will just go elsewhere I'd like to see young lads given a bit of a grounding like they were back in the day. Maybe helping to wash strips, sweep changing rooms, wash boots and so on. I don't think there's anything wrong with reminding anyone that they have a chance to live a pretty privileged life if they have the right work ethic.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Remove the goalposts

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remove the goalposts
    Bloody schematics!!
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member
    Bring back booking players who stop free kicks being taken. Bring back the 6 second rule for keepers but mostly bring back footballers being real men. The women are far harder than the men from what I can see. Any player rolling about should be given a one month ban for bringing the game into disrepute.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I long for the days when fans didn’t tak about freedom of information requests, compliance officers or bringing the game into disrepute!!

Testimonial Due
    Banning dressing room team photos unless you win something. Arsenal a club often criticised for posing for changing room photos after beating likes of Bournemouth at home.

@hibs.net private member Aubenas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I read an article a while back about the All Blacks and how they all pitch in to clean the changing rooms and carry out any tasks that need done. It's part of the honour of playing for the side.

Whilst it's hard to translate that to football because players will just go elsewhere I'd like to see young lads given a bit of a grounding like they were back in the day. Maybe helping to wash strips, sweep changing rooms, wash boots and so on. I don't think there's anything wrong with reminding anyone that they have a chance to live a pretty privileged life if they have the right work ethic.
    The Dev Squad have those daily chores at HTC.👍
    Philly McGuinness, Leitrim GAA, died playing in a club match for Mohill. He epitomised all that is best about sport, making a 6 hour round trip to training three times a week from his workplace in Mayo, and was never late. His motto was 'Give it all, or give nothing'. One for all sportsmen to consider.

@hibs.net private member wandering_hibee's Avatar
    Book time wasters, players not retreating at free kicks and players questioning every decision made by the ref. Lets get the game flowing.

I'd go back to the days when bad fouls were punished by fouls and red/ yellow cards, and that deliberately retaliating or striking an opponent merited a red card and that the card would be upheld if appealed.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

It’s part of the all blacks No Dickhead Policy. Japan were praised for the way they left the changing rooms at the World Cup and a few days later Hibs XI played at Berwick in a pre season friendly and cleaned up after. A good and class habit to get into and keeps players feet on the ground

I'd ban this hand over the mouth nonsense you see when players talk to each other. For no other reason than it does my head in

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    I'd ban this hand over the mouth nonsense you see when players talk to each other. For no other reason than it does my head in
    Not really a surprise nowadays when there’s god knows how many cameras at the top level games. Do Hibs players/SPL players do it?

Left by mutual consent!
    Put them all on normal wages

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Agreed - It would be brilliant if some lipreader came ut on a monday and said - "Jose apparently called Klopp a total ****er" It would make press conferences more fun

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    I disagree with this, they work in an industry that generated billions of pounds and I'd much rather the players (that people pay to watch) got their share of that cash than it going to owners or shareholders.

Movie stars get paid millions, why not footballers - if they're good enough?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I disagree with this, they work in an industry that generated billions of pounds and I'd much rather the players (that people pay to watch) got their share of that cash than it going to owners or shareholders.

Yup. Majority of people wouldn’t even play football if it was for a normal wage seeing as you’d need to start from the bottom in a new career when you retired. Footballers are paid what they’re worth due to their on pitch ability, marketability etc, even if it is astronomical amounts.

First Team Breakthrough Risboro Hibby's Avatar
    Ban the spread of VAR TV replays and endless pundits on TV giving their expert opinion.
    Lets get back to the days when the Ref made the decision, without all the mod cons scrutiny, and only the fans then discussing with only seeing it live whether we were robbed or not

Longer training sessions. Get them doing more weights, yoga, swimming etc

Who decides what a normal wage is? Plenty people watching Hibs that will be a earning more than the players.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Yes but what about the bollocks spouters on here? We are an intrinsic part of the game and these days most transfer rumours you read about in the paper are direct lifts from fans forums. Where would the highly trained and highly talented footballers be without the wonderful army of dedicated Bollock talkers that fill up fans forums ? Half players wages and pay fans £100 a post for all the crap they can muster I say !

(My invoice is in the post)

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Yes but what about the bollocks spouters on here? We are an intrinsic part of the game and these days most transfer rumours you read about in the paper are direct lifts from fans forums. Where would the highly trained and highly talented footballers be without the wonderful army of dedicated Bollock talkers that fill up fans forums ? Half players wages and pay fans £100 a post for all the crap they can muster I say !

(My invoice is in the post)
    I subscribe to this point of view.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Who decides what a normal wage is? Plenty people watching Hibs that will be a earning more than the players.
    Which always was the case. I don't know the answer but the obscene money in the game nowadays is surely wrong. Perhaps something akin to the salary cap in the NFL?

Which always was the case. I don't know the answer but the obscene money in the game nowadays is surely wrong. Perhaps something akin to the salary cap in the NFL?
    Just tax them higher. AND ensure they pay FULL tax in the country they play in. Make sure that tax is then punted into the Grassroots game.

@hibs.net private member
    Coloured boots

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Just tax them higher. AND ensure they pay FULL tax in the country they play in. Make sure that tax is then punted into the Grassroots game.
    Eh? How does that work then?

Should teachers income tax be used solely to pay for schools? Nurses and doctors for the NHS?

Gonna be a bit of a funding gap there I think!

Top earning footballers pay way more tax than the rest of us already and help pay for the public services that you and I enjoy.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Eh? How does that work then?

Should teachers income tax be used solely to pay for schools? Nurses and doctors for the NHS?

Gonna be a bit of a funding gap there I think!

Top earning footballers pay way more tax than the rest of us already and help pay for the public services that you and I enjoy.
    Unless they were paid via ETB's

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    Coloured boots
    Spot on.

And manbuns, ponytails, neck tattoos, and over the knee socks.

First Team Breakthrough
    Bring back bevvie at half time in the ground.

Jesus, Jimmy Hill will be turning in his grave!!!