hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough
    Hanlon equaliser or riordan pen in the 1-0 Casper game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

6-2! ER fantastic

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Spoonys goal in a derby that looked as if it had fizzled out. Scenes.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Dean Sheils winner, I thought their crappy stand was going to fall down that night it was bouncing. Though the scenes after Hanlons equaliser will take some beating.

Steve Archibald at tynecastle.

Quote Originally Posted by #hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ross Caldwell's last minute winner.
    Coolest finish I have ever seen. Right up there with Jimmy O Rourkes opener in the 7-0 new yrs day win. Oh and the Latapy goal, the 1-2 wi Mixu. Been so many.

Left by mutual consent!
    Watching Le god blasting home a 24 or thereabouts yard millenium cracker and knowing then we were on easy street after Dirks very nice opener. The icing on the cake was Kenny Miller coolly stroking home the third in the last couple of minutes or so.

It was a brilliant atmosphere that night on what was a freezing cold night at the piggery.

Mon the Cabbage.

Latapy scoring to put us 6-1 up.

@hibs.net private member
    It's between Joe McBide's equaliser, Harper's wonderland and Hanlon's equaliser. Hanlon wins it because of what that goal ultimately led too

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Has to be Latapy's goal to make it 6-1. Brilliant goal and mayhem in the old East Stand. Close second would be O'Connor's winner with 10 men.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member
    I’m a greedy so and so. I loved every goal against them. In fact the 3 we’ll beat them today will be a bit special especially watching Levein mumbling after the game to the cameras about injustice etc etc etc will make it even sweater.

But for me has to be Hanlons equaliser because stopped their song book and ultimately increased ours.

GGTTH

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Special.
    Been watching them since 1970. Saw 0-7 but when we knocked them out the cup in November 2012 with the deflected Wothersponn goal. Never seen them so glum. Karma.

6-2 game. East stand going mental.

Left by mutual consent!
    John O'Neil firing in a last minute equaliser at Tynie under Sauzee, Hibs stand went absolutely tonto.

Paul Hanlon last minute and not really too close for me. You just had a feeling after that goal it really could be our year.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    I remember a derby when Hearts were 2 nil up with 10 minutes to go at the piggery.

Joe McBride scored twice to set a precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    I remember a derby when Hearts were 2 nil up with 10 minutes to go at the piggery.

Joe McBride scored twice to set a precedent.
    Was that the East of Scotland Charity Shield Cup game around 1985?
    We were in the uncovered Gorgie Road end and it was just about to piss down. I thought I’d do the wise thing and leave, but couldn’t believe it when I heard on the car radio going home that we’d actually pulled 2 back in the last 10.
    An excellent lesson in life, as I’ve never left a Hibs game before the end ever since.

For years it was Gordon Hunters winner. Then the Casper game started running it close just because there was so few of us there and the team we had out had many fearing an absolute pumping.

However it has to be the Hanlon equaliser. It was abolsutely mental when that went in. I’d always thought people lied when they said they ‘ended up 6 rows from where I started’ but that actually happened to me. An absolute man mountain next to me jumped on my back and we both went tumbling over seats and ended up hugging random strangers. Obviously we still had a job to do at ER and we had won the derby before that but that was the game I really felt the worm had started to turn in derbies. Hibs teams in the past might have folded at 2-0 down but that team dug in and took the game by the scruff of the neck.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curried View Post
    Was that the East of Scotland Charity Shield Cup game around 1985?
    We were in the uncovered Gorgie Road end and it was just about to piss down. I thought I’d do the wise thing and leave, but couldn’t believe it when I heard on the car radio going home that we’d actually pulled 2 back in the last 10.
    An excellent lesson in life, as I’ve never left a Hibs game before the end ever since.
    No it was definitely a league game

0-7...yes I'm that old 😀

Paddy's 5 pm equaliser in 1975, huge number of Hibbies getting ready to leave via McLeod Street went bonkers en masse!!

Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    King Paddy's 99th minute equaliser in 75 derby

https://youtu.be/ylqab835BVs
    I remember that well and is up there with fav moments but so is every other one mentioned

My very first game in March 1979, a 2-1 win at Easter Road.

I'd been desperate to go to a Hibs game for years and was finally taken to my first match age 13 (much older than most, I'd imagine).

What a first game to go to, a home win over the Jambos :-)
    Last edited by Keith_M; 27-12-2017 at 09:13 AM.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    My very first game in March 1979, a 2-1 win at Easter Road.

I'd been desperate to go to a Hibs game for years and was finally taken to my first match age 13 (much older than most, I'd imagine).

What a first game to go to, a home win over the Jambos :-)
    Scottish cup quarter final?? Was my first derby. I can still remember watching the jambos fighting each other and then the police as well. Think they only beat us twice in the entire 70s, happy happy times.
    My favourite was the Gordon Hunter game. I was at every single game of the long wait for a win and that day was great. Place went mental. I got my money back for my ticket too. I wrote to mercer with a copy of my ticket and asked him to go and sit where I was meant to sit and asked if he thought if it was acceptable. About 50% of the pitch was obscured as I was sat directly behind one of the floodlight pylons. The fat Tory ******* sent me a cheque for my entrance money. Cashed it as well and surprisingly the money cleared.

Left by mutual consent!
    Deanos winner 0-3 1999 6-2 or the unbeatable game. Too hard to choose.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Milne View Post
    Paddy's 5 pm equaliser in 1975, huge number of Hibbies getting ready to leave via McLeod Street went bonkers en masse!!
    Iain Munro was a part-time PE teacher at my school (Boroughmuir) and for years all the kids wanted to talk to him about was that goal.

Loved Farid's goal against them. Oozed class

The final seconds of my first derby

https://thehiblog.wordpress.com/2017...-october-1987/

I recall everyone around me was hyper by the end of the game - 10 years of hurt was finally relieved at the final whistle.

For me, it was a 100% record in watching Hibs / Hertz derbies at that point in time.

My two;
    - The night game at Tynie in winter 93/94. My first Derby. We didn't win - think Michael O'Neil missed a late sitter to take the win, but I never knew an atmosphere like it. I do like a night game at Tynie. I was very naive about football back then and I remember knowing it was an amazing atmosphere, electric but never 'scary'. - My next was walking back along from the Hunter header game, in the middle of the busy street, with the place packed with happy Hibees and no traffic getting near. I hadn't experienced much of that 'hoodoo' run but I could see what it meant in the people around me. That was incredible.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    6-2 game, shiels’s winner at tynecastle and Hanlon’s equaliser.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16