hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewyhfc

Yogi's Loans/Arsenal (merged)

I was speaking to an arsenal season ticket holder today and he told me that wenger is looking to loan out a few youngsters for experience. He also told me that wenger has stated in the public that he would loan out wilshire.

Im sure yogi has a 'contact' at arsenal and hes always been favourable to loaning , maybe it would be an option we could maybe look into to see us through until the end of the season and hopefully secure third?

Were we not trying to get some Young Arsenal Centre Back in the summer?

Would it be possible?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeeleicester View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was speaking to an arsenal season ticket holder today and he told me that wenger is looking to loan out a few youngsters for experience. He also told me that wenger has stated in the public that he would loan out wilshire.

Im sure yogi has a 'contact' at arsenal and hes always been favourable to loaning , maybe it would be an option we could maybe look into to see us through until the end of the season and hopefully secure third?

Would it be possible?

Maybe Wenger could lend us Arshavin and Fabregas tae tide us over till the summer

Coaching Staff

Would it be possible?
    Hughes has said a a couple of times that he was looking at some loans but that the Board had told him to go and build his own team.

Loans are all very well but you can't beat actually owning your own players and being able to count on them for the next 2 or 3 yrs instead of 6mnths or a year.

Levein and Gannon will keep having to refresh their teams whilst Hughes can build his over the next few years hopefully.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Maybe Wenger could lend us Arshavin and Fabregas tae tide us over till the summer
    Do you know how many wee midfielders we have

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Who's already said that he won't go outside the Premier League (not even Championship, let alone SPL).

Would it be possible?

He does, Wenger. However I feel he may want Wilshire to play with a team of a higher calibre than us, as he is already more than capable of holding his own in the Premiership.

I would rather we bought young talent than loaned it, that said loaning is a good way of securing a deal or a stop gap until another opportunity presents itself.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Hughes has said a a couple of times that he was looking at some loans but that the Board had told him to go and build his own team.

Loans are all very well but you can't beat actually owning your own players and being able to count on them for the next 2 or 3 yrs instead of 6mnths or a year.

Levein and Gannon will keep having to refresh their teams whilst Hughes can build his over the next few years hopefully.
    But these six month loans could help us into Europe which will help us attract higher calibre of player. No ?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Do you know how many wee midfielders we have

Awrite then Vermaelan

Instead of Darren Barr

Gamer IDs

Awrite then Vermaelan

Instead of Darren Barr
    Do you know Barr has been capped for scotland

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrie's Tache View Post
    He does, Wenger. However I feel he may want Wilshire to play with a team of a higher calibre than us, as he is already more than capable of holding his own in the Premiership.

I would rather we bought young talent than loaned it, that said loaning is a good way of securing a deal or a stop gap until another opportunity presents itself.
    His contact was Liam Brady, not sure if Brady still works there though as think he's involved with Republic of Ireland now.

He has shared coaching classes with Wenger and has spoken to him several times sice ref footballing coaching methods and tactics.

Smart arse!

He has shared coaching classes with Wenger and has spoken to him several times sice ref footballing coaching methods and tactics.

Smart arse!
    Aye but Wenger never understood a word he said

smart arse!

Coaching Staff
    But these six month loans could help us into Europe which will help us attract higher calibre of player. No ?
    Or you buy or bring through your own players who you think will get you into Europe, or whatever the ambitions are.

Loaned players or not I would be happy if we brought in more quality in January.

Ok they would be here short term - but whats the worst that can happen...they play well and help the club get into Europe ?

Yogi has proved before he can pick up good loan signings, lets hope we some arrive in case we go through an injury hit spell or suspensions add up.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Hibee View Post
    Loaned players or not I would be happy if we brought in more quality in January.

Ok they would be here short term - but whats the worst that can happen...they play well and help the club get into Europe ?

Yogi has proved before he can pick up good loan signings, lets hope we some arrive in case we go through an injury hit spell or suspensions add up.
    The worst that could happen would be that bringing someone in on loan could stop one of our own young players progressing.

@hibs.net private member cheltenhamhibee's Avatar
    Not Hibs class !!! haha

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    The worst that could happen would be that bringing someone in on loan could stop one of our own young players progressing.
    A 6 month loan - would that really delay a youngsters progression ?

If anything a good loan signing would influence the youngster.

I am all for our youth system but I also believe possible loan signings that will strengthen the squad is benefical to the club.

Testimonial Due
    without a reserve league we should have a few more boys out learning the trade. Bounce games don't help too much. Hibs don't have a strong enough pool to call on if injuries and bookings come into the picture. We will lose Bamba in January for 4 games. What if Miller got injured or if we lose Zemmana again. For me the more options available the better !

If we cant get top drawer players in January then a decent loan as cover is fine by me. As someone said we cant build a team around loan players but sometimes a few can help balance the squad as long as they are decent quality themselves!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso
    Buy a couple of players, or sign pre-contracted free agents, which will gradually build the club up in the next few years...

Or

Loan a couple of players, who can instantly make an impact, Potentially win us the Big cup, and secure a european spot this season...

hmm.....

Know which one id rather!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EdinburghDan
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    His contact was Liam Brady, not sure if Brady still works there though as think he's involved with Republic of Ireland now.
    Wikipedia still has him as head of youth development

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Smart arse!

Yes, but afterwards Wenger was asked what he thought of the way Hughes conducted a class.

"I'm sorry, I did not see what happened there...."

@hibs.net private member

I agree, but given the position we are in I think loans would be a good option. Where Hibs and Dundee Utd will struggle is with Injuries and Suspensions. Hibs have money to spend on players yes, but we could probably get a player on loan that we couldnt afford in terms of wages and fees if bought. If Hibs got second place (Or at a stretch first), and got a decent couple of european fixtures we would get a lot of cash and then we could maybe make some of the loan deals permanent.

I think at the begining of the season Yogi had to sign as the team was weak, and without signings they would go back to being weak when the loans ran out. I think the board will change their view.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    I agree, but given the position we are in I think loans would be a good option. Where Hibs and Dundee Utd will struggle is with Injuries and Suspensions. Hibs have money to spend on players yes, but we could probably get a player on loan that we couldnt afford in terms of wages and fees if bought. If Hibs got second place (Or at a stretch first), and got a decent couple of european fixtures we would get a lot of cash and then we could maybe make some of the loan deals permanent.

I think at the begining of the season Yogi had to sign as the team was weak, and without signings they would go back to being weak when the loans ran out. I think the board will change their view.
    I think getting second would be a stretch, first would be dreamland.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Hibee View Post
    A 6 month loan - would that really delay a youngsters progression ?

If anything a good loan signing would influence the youngster.

I am all for our youth system but I also believe possible loan signings that will strengthen the squad is benefical to the club.
    If we'd brought in a young Arsenal youngster to play right back for the first half of the season then Wotherspoon wouldn't have had as much game time as he's had so i do think a 6 month loan deal could delay one of own youngsters progression.

Or you buy or bring through your own players who you think will get you into Europe, or whatever the ambitions are.

Got to go along with that !
    "Loans" are fine if you have an injury list or fighting relegation but not the way forward if you are aiming for Europe

Wilshere

I dont know if this has been mentioned but i heard on real radio this afternoon it says jack wilshere was not interested in a loan move to any of the old firm but would consider another SPL side..

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    I dont know if this has been mentioned but i heard on real radio this afternoon it says jack wilshere was not interested in a loan move to any of the old firm but would consider another SPL side..
    Really? That's surprising, yes please

Left by mutual consent!
    I heard that people on RealRadio talk *****.