hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McGeouch

IMO there is no way he's going to Aberdeen. He's far too good to end up moving sideways for what would not be a big increase in salary.

The obvious option is that he's going down south, but I would have thought a club would have declared some interest by now.

IMO I feel that he's already negotiated a pre-contract, but has sworn everybody to secrecy as the fans won't be impressed with the final destination.

Whatever happens, let's enjoy him whilst he is still with us.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO there is no way he's going to Aberdeen. He's far too good to end up moving sideways for what would not be a big increase in salary.

The obvious option is that he's going down south, but I would have thought a club would have declared some interest by now.

IMO I feel that he's already negotiated a pre-contract, but has sworn everybody to secrecy as the fans won't be impressed with the final destination.

Whatever happens, let's enjoy him whilst he is still with us.
    I am convinced he's Sevco-bound, for the reasons you mention.

He looked delighted at both goal celebrations the other night, and was belting out Sunshine on Leith at the end. Obviously not the be all and end all, but you’d like to assume he’s happy playing for us, and is settled at the club and gets on well with his teammates.

Must be a substantial pay rise if he’s even considering Aberdeen and relocating his life up north.

He'll end up at the Huns. No chat from him or hibs and we've seen it all before.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'd love him to stay but we have a very good record of replacing players that we have lost. I imagine this will be the same.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    I really can't see him at the Rangers. It's a club I believe he's not very fond of and yes I know he has played for them before

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Yes, agree. Hope I'm wrong, but can see it happening.

Whether he likes them or not, if someone is going to up your salary by x-times, I think he'll start liking them.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    If it's only about money, and it may well be, he will go - however, we do have other things in our favour. You don't get nights like Friday night up in Aberdeen, against anyone.

He may well feel very settled and want to sign on for another couple of years - he will only be 28 and still have a big contract in him. He's taking a gamble at the moment in that if he gets a serious injury he obviously won't be employed next season - however, if he keeps performing like Friday for the remainder of the season, helping us win more money from a higher league position, we may well offer him more.

I would be well miffed if he went to Aberdeen. Thankfully I dont think he will. Any championship or top 1-4 league One team can blow us all out the water up here when it comes to wages. That is unfortunately the stark reality.

Considering this is really the first season he's managed to play without injury I hope he signs an extension. With the plan being he can move on when the right offer comes in and both parties can benefit. If he even gets a Scotland cap his value will rise even higher.

Rod should get on the blower to Mcleish and tell him Dylans not getting capped until he signs an extension...

Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    A deluded Kickbacker at work claimed that they were making him an offer, as well as bidding for Allan...literally laughed in his face.
    Seems a strange thing to do since they are so much better than us on paper. Surely they don't need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    He'll end up at the Huns. No chat from him or hibs and we've seen it all before.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Horrible, nagging feeling he'll end up back there. Aberdeen would be a sideways step for him and he ain't going back to Celtic...

Hopefully something can be worked out and we keep hold of them both, but if it was one or the other I'd sooner tie-up Allan on a contract.

I'm assuming McGinn is most likely away in the Summer, keeping 2 out of the 3 would be smashing.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    There is a great camaraderie at Hibs at the moment and that will have a bearing on who we manage to keep in the close season. Unfortunately, players when offered a good payrise will often take the money. It is a short career and no one should blame them for that. I am still hopeful that DM will sign a new deal despite all the rumours. I think it may depend on what we do in regards to Scott Allan and SJM. Ideal scenario is getting DM on a new contract, getting SJM to sign an extension (maybe with a release clause giving him more say in who he goes to) and getting SA from Celtic on a permanent. To do that would probably see the money for the rest of the squad reduced but I think it would be worth it. We really need as much prize money as we can get, record ST sales and more cash from HSL to make this happen, none of which are a million mile away as targets. I would love to see this midfield 3 here for a whole season, I think we could do something special before they go onto bigger things down south.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    There is a great camaraderie at Hibs at the moment and that will have a bearing on who we manage to keep in the close season. Unfortunately, players when offered a good payrise will often take the money. It is a short career and no one should blame them for that. I am still hopeful that DM will sign a new deal despite all the rumours. I think it may depend on what we do in regards to Scott Allan and SJM. Ideal scenario is getting DM on a new contract, getting SJM to sign an extension (maybe with a release clause giving him more say in who he goes to) and getting SA from Celtic on a permanent. To do that would probably see the money for the rest of the squad reduced but I think it would be worth it. We really need as much prize money as we can get, record ST sales and more cash from HSL to make this happen, none of which are a million mile away as targets. I would love to see this midfield 3 here for a whole season, I think we could do something special before they go onto bigger things down south.
    I agree however, the trouble is when one jumps ship the best of rest seem to follow.
    Let's enjoy it while we can.

Playing for Aberdeen, on marginally more money. Or playing for Hibs, playing in front of 19k most weeks, with a manager who he is improving under, for a club moving in one direction, living in Edinburgh.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    I wouldnt be surprised if Dylan has an eye on Europe. If we get into the Europe spot we might be able to keep him. Its likely we will loose McGinn so the money we get should be used to try and tie up Dylan and hopefully sign Allan. The thought of having to potentially replace all 3 is not going to be great, especially if we are in europe during the early rounds. I hope we have replacements already lined up of decent calibre if we have to replace them.

If he does leave it has to be down south as outwith the OF anything else is a step sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    Playing for Aberdeen, on marginally more money. Or playing for Hibs, playing in front of 19k most weeks, with a manager who he is improving under, for a club moving in one direction, living in Edinburgh.
    We dont know its marginally more money though. Looking at the respective clubs current turnover its not beyond the realms of possibility they could be offering extra £1000 - £1500 a week , thats an extra £150,000 - £230,000 over a 3 year contract.

Does he actually currently live in Edinburgh? (he might do, just have it in my head he's maybe travelling through.)

It would depend on how much is "marginally more" if I was Dylan. The whole Lennon factor, and moving in one direction can be spewed out by a club like Aberdeen with McInness (who recently pledged his future with a new contract) just as easy.

Just my attempt at looking at it without the green specs on.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Where we finish in the league this season will go towards us keeping our best players. Finish 2nd or 3rd and that goes a long way to getting them to stay with Hibs. Having listened to George Craig and LD, we will have replacements lined up anyway, wether they are as good as the 3 we have, we'll need to wait and see.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Brilliant player whose been far less injured this season so he's really been able to shine. That clearly hasn't gone unnoticed given his Scotland call up so I'd imagine quite a few clubs will be interested. I just hope it's not Aberdeen as rumoured. Hopefully he's a bit more ambitious and has a crack somewhere down south.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I still think he will stay. No info, just think he seems like he likes it here.

Aberdeen seem to be regressing. Now that the bigger clubs are back in the league they'll gradually start so slip down the table. Wouldn't surprise me if we finished above them this season.

The budget next season won't be far from Aberdeens with record season ticket sales and increased revenue associated with promotion. I can't for the life of me see the appeal in leaving Hibs for Aberdeen right now. More chance of it being the new club sadly.

First Team Breakthrough
    "Does he actually currently live in Edinburgh? (he might do, just have it in my head he's maybe travelling through"

I'm sure the Hibs announcer Barrie had a wee laugh with Dylan (when interviewing him in hospitality after a game) about Dylan and SJM being flatmates? I also recall SDG making reference to some of the boys ending up in John's flat in Edinburgh on the night of the cup final?

I've also read somewhere about Dylan's family hoping he stays at Hibs?

Time will tell what happens but I sincerely hope he stays... IMO.. when he plays well - the team play well.

He flew under the radar for a long time but I personally think he is a fantastic player and hope he is one we can keep.
    Last edited by Hedlund12; 13-03-2018 at 12:44 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedlund12 View Post
    "Does he actually currently live in Edinburgh? (he might do, just have it in my head he's maybe travelling through"

I'm sure the Hibs announcer Barrie had a wee laugh with Dylan (when interviewing him in hospitality after a game) about Dylan and SJM being flatmates? I also recall SDG making reference to some of the boys ending up in John's flat in Edinburgh on the night of the cup final?

I've also read somewhere about Dylan's family hoping he stays at Hibs?

Time will tell what happens but I sincerely hope he stays... IMO.. when he plays well - the team play well.

He flew under the radar for a long time but I personally think he is a fantastic player and hope he is one we can keep.
    He stays in the flats near Sainsbury at meadowbank.

Quote Originally Posted by madsen5 View Post
    He stays in the flats near Sainsbury at meadowbank.
    Lets form and angry mob light torches and loom over him

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    This. It’s a no brainer for a footballer to choose Hibs over Aberdeen, or at least should be. And that’s not with the green specs on either! You’ve highlighted some of the key points and they’re very significant.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This. It’s a no brainer for a footballer to choose Hibs over Aberdeen, or at least should be. And that’s not with the green specs on either! You’ve highlighted some of the key points and they’re very significant.
    Let's hope Mr Dylan doesn't dodge city

(The auld yins will get it )

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Let's hope Mr Dylan doesn't dodge city

(The auld yins will get it )
    No smoke without fire.

We need to make him the best possible offer we can and it should be inline with what Aberdeen offer, especially if we are serious about making a step up in the league to where Aberdeen are ...realty is he has ben very good and consistent,dominating quite a few games this season for us ...so as a top 5-6 midfielder in Scotland.he willneed tobe paid accordingly...
    If he goes he will be very difficult to replace he is quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    If he had agreed to join The Rangers they would have leaked it to the press by now in an effort to cause us problems and impress their fans.