hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You'll not be posting much more if that's the level of debate.
    Why? Because I am frustrated at the Hibs.net mafia? You don't agree with what we say, so me and my pals will rubbish what you say. If that is the true spirit of hibs.net you can keep it.

I am hibs mad, I have been a Hibee for over 40 years, I am a Hibee till I die. Don't tell me I am not allowed to challenge nonsense, or you may as well close the site down and go and support the other team in Edinburgh.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    At 0-0 the game was there to be won, why he didn't change it I'll never know. It was the same old rubbish from us.

United we stand here....

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    We lost today, that's tough to take especially because it's the derby, but we're only 2 games into the season.
    We all know that Stubbs has only just started the rebuilding of the team and that is far from finished, I can understand the frustrations of fans today but give it time and hopefully by the next derby we'll be in a much better state on the pitch.
    Keep the faith.
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I like Stubbs but he's not immune from criticism.

Robertson should have been subbed long before the first goal, he was scared to tackle. We had Allan on the bench who would be a ready made replacement.

Kennedy should have been on earlier, their full backs are *****.

Stanton should never have started.

We barely had a shot on goal against a young, nervous rookie keeper.

Stubbs ****ed up here, he needs to learn from this.
    This.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Stubbs has done a great job transforming how we play but it is a work in progress. He should have made subs earlier but I think he will learn from this game. If he trusts his players it must include the subs who deserve more than a few minutes in a game. I hate the result today but we were not entirely without misfortune, as habitual as it may be to say that. With Allan and Kennedy yet to make an impact I see light at the end of a shorter tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I like Stubbs but he's not immune from criticism.

Robertson should have been subbed long before the first goal, he was scared to tackle. We had Allan on the bench who would be a ready made replacement.

Kennedy should have been on earlier, their full backs are *****.

Stanton should never have started.

We barely had a shot on goal against a young, nervous rookie keeper.

Stubbs ****ed up here, he needs to learn from this.

Absolutely agree. The fact that we barely threatened, or even tried to threaten their goal, is the thing that annoys me most. The five midfielders were all culpable in different ways. At least Allan looked more direct when he came on.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Handling worked hard but was starting to tire, and give the ball away. He should have been subbed first. It was too late though as he gave the ball away in the run up to their 1st goal.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by VPHIBEE View Post
    Why? Because I am frustrated at the Hibs.net mafia? You don't agree with what we say, so me and my pals will rubbish what you say. If that is the true spirit of hibs.net you can keep it.

I am hibs mad, I have been a Hibee for over 40 years, I am a Hibee till I die. Don't tell me I am not allowed to challenge nonsense, or you may as well close the site down and go and support the other team in Edinburgh.
    Stubbs absolutely has to explain his decision not to sub Robertson. He can't tackle, he's been garbage for ever. Hibs support is on the edge he needs to start giving assurances that we don't have to put up with this crap for another season. Craig needs to be stripped of captaincy and this decision explained. If Stubbs doesn't address these two immediately then he's going to be in for a very hard time

First Team Breakthrough HibeeHendo's Avatar
    Second game of the season and it's like I've been transported to the aftermath of the Hamilton play off.

Get a grip.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Even my 14 year old was saying Robertson needed subbed or he was going to get sent off.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Not a lot you can do with the players he has and the money he doesn't. Draw would've been a fairer result considering the penalty miss and El Alagui's header.

Debate isn't the issue ..telling someone to **** off is an issue ..

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northern-hibee View Post
    Stubbs absolutely has to explain his decision not to sub Robertson. He can't tackle, he's been garbage for ever. Hibs support is on the edge he needs to start giving assurances that we don't have to put up with this crap for another season. Craig needs to be stripped of captaincy and this decision explained. If Stubbs doesn't address these two immediately then he's going to be in for a very hard time
    We've had the statements about quality etc so here's a chance to prove we are moving in that direction surely. We can't have a place for what Robertson in particular contributed today?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Not surprised we lost. Central midfield of Craig and Robertson got us relegated. Defence of Forster, Nelson and Stevenson got us relegated. So much for a summer of change.
    agreed. What other job keeps rewarding failure. I cannot believe 8 players from last season started today. The club has no balls. I wish butcher had emptied the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    We were carrying Stanton & Handling for most of the game. He should have subbed them 5-10 mins in the 2nd half. It was the same last week as well. Heffernan & Stanton contributed the square route of f all & went off around the 80th minute.
    That game was there for the taking, we sat far too deep second half and Allan and Kennedy should have been on for Stanton and Handling 15 mins before Stubbs eventually made his changes. All he early football this season so far went out the window today and we reverted to type. And ill ay it again ONE UP FRONT DOES NOT WORK ,Farid was far too isolated. Unless we sign some creativity a centre half and another striker then md table mediocrity awaits us

Left by mutual consent!

Warning

I have received a warning for upsetting another member. Boo Hoo I say. When did Football start being a game for Jessie's who hide behind their forum and complain to the administrators.

i for one hope that Stubbs is the man for us. We are playing much nicer football than we have for years, but we still have many failings. Stubbs failed by not making the right substitutions at the right time today. I disagree with the people who say Robertson should not have started today, I thought he was great to a point, but it became apparent to many that his time to go had come.

i disagree wholeheartedly with the Hibs.net culture, that because I have typed more pieces of text than you, My opinion holds more weight nonsense. If that culture is the norm, we don't only need change on the pitch.

what is wrong wit a bit passion? That is what our team has lacked for many years, and this should not be derided.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    agreed. What other job keeps rewarding failure. I cannot believe 8 players from last season started today. The club has no balls. I wish butcher had emptied the lot of them.

Butcher was booted before he could finish the cull unfortunately, we should have kept him on as the cullivator :(

First Team Breakthrough Glasgow Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Robertson and Craig had no help all game from Stanton and Harris, i agree Robertson was walking a fine line from his first booking.
    That's what I took from the game too. I hate to say it as youth must be given their chance, but playing all three of Stanton, Harris and Handling is a mistake. They are all forward thinking players but are contributing very little on that front at the moment. Harris was very poor towards the end of last season and should have been given a rest then. He has improved a bit at the start of this season but Stanton (who was excellent at times last season) has taken a step back and looks like he needs to be withdrawn for a while. Young players tend to be like that, they start and are dynamic and confident for a month or two then go off the boil. That's why good managers start them for a while then withdraw them for a while again. If they are just kept in the team regardless the pressure gets to them and they rarely get back to their best.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Butcher was booted before he could finish the cull unfortunately, we should have kept him on as the cullivator :(
    Jesus.

I have received a warning for upsetting another member. Boo Hoo I say. When did Football start being a game for Jessie's who hide behind their forum and complain to the administrators.

i for one hope that Stubbs is the man for us. We are playing much nicer football than we have for years, but we still have many failings. Stubbs failed by not making the right substitutions at the right time today. I disagree with the people who say Robertson should not have started today, I thought he was great to a point, but it became apparent to many that his time to go had come.

i disagree wholeheartedly with the Hibs.net culture, that because I have typed more pieces of text than you, My opinion holds more weight nonsense. If that culture is the norm, we don't only need change on the pitch.

what is wrong wit a bit passion? That is what our team has lacked for many years, and this should not be derided.
    You were warned for personal abuse ..no-one reported it ..I just happened to read it ..if you are not happy with the forum rules then I suggest you go post somewhere else..

Thanks Blackpool, many posters saw this, Stubbs, why didn't you?
    He did see it but inexperience made him cautious and he was suckered into thinking we were heading for a draw and in his first derby having not created a lot of chances and seeing Craig miss the penalty he made the mistake of trying to settle for the draw.But agree even if he had replaced Robertson with Allan it may have been enough to avoid the defeat .Allan played in mid week and is being talked about as our best signing so why not give him more game time as that's the only way he will now get match fit

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Another hugely disappointing derby defeat. Let's hope AS learns from this one. Subs were far too late and a huge reason for our defeat today.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    You were warned for personal abuse ..no-one reported it ..I just happened to read it ..if you are not happy with the forum rules then I suggest you go post somewhere else..
    Do you have a problem with my level of passion? Maybe that is what is wrong with our club as a whole! Get a grip. The players were better than usual today, but still let us down. Stubbs let us down by not substituting when he should have. I am quite rightly an angry supporter. If you can't handle that, maybe you should go and administer Grennock Morton's website. I am a Hibee, I am proud, I am Upset. what part of that are you not getting!

Put the crack pipe down

I'm now convinced when a manager signs he's told by the board not to use subs before 80 mins to save money Incase they score and have to pay a goal bonus!!

Yes that is tongue in cheek btw! But I am baffled how we don't use subs when a player or players are playing poor. I'm all for building confidence but how is Stanton getting a game weekly and Robbo not subbed after his 1000000th foul?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I'm now convinced when a manager signs he's told by the board not to use subs before 80 mins to save money Incase they score and have to pay a goal bonus!!

Yes that is tongue in cheek btw! But I am baffled how we don't use subs when a player or players are playing poor. I'm all for building confidence but how is Stanton getting a game weekly and Robbo not subbed after his 1000000th foul?
    Thank god some sense!

Like Stubbs, like the football we're playing but everybody saw the changes that should have been made, I'll give Stubbs the benefit of the doubt just pisses me off that it had to be against them!

Do you have a problem with my level of passion? Maybe that is what is wrong with our club as a whole! Get a grip. The players were better than usual today, but still let us down. Stubbs let us down by not substituting when he should have. I am quite rightly an angry supporter. If you can't handle that, maybe you should go and administer Grennock Morton's website. I am a Hibee, I am proud, I am Upset. what part of that are you not getting!
    You are obviously spoiling for trouble aren't you .. I think you are struggling to work out the concept between debate & personal abuse ...the latter of which why you received your warning ..I would advise you to wind your neck in a bit though..you aint doing yourself any favours ..

First Team Breakthrough Glasgow Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    You are obviously spoiling for trouble aren't you .. I think you are struggling to work out the concept between debate & personal abuse ...the latter of which why you received your warning ..I would advise you to wind your neck in a bit though..you aint doing yourself any favours ..
    Obviously personal abuse helps no-one but I don't think VPHIBEE has done anything particularly wrong. He is obviously upset about the result as we all are and I actually don't think your veiled threats are helping.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Really. That twat got us relegated