hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft

Chris Froome caught?

Am I reading this wrong or are UCI saying he's done something wrong?

http://www.uci.ch/pressreleases/uci-...topher-froome/
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

2. Log in to remove the advert

Salbutamol. half the country takes and he insists he still took the recommended dose so doesn't look as though he's been doping. not been suspended etc either.

Becoming a habit all these sky riders needing some additional meds.

Seems like the only talent you need to be a cyclist these days is to be asthmatic - count me in! I've my own bike AND inhalers!!

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Heard on the radio yesterday that nearly 60% of Cyclists claim to have asthma .

Asthma can be excersise induced though but it still seems a suspiciously high figure.

He had double the allowed levels in his system which was equivalent to 16 puffs of the inhaler .
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

They're all at it.

I think they should just do away with doping restrictions, let them take what they want and award the prizes to whoever goes the fastest.

They're all at it one way or another.

Why should you be allowed to improve your performance with a sports drink but not with something else?

Why bicker over asthma inhalers, why have more and more elaborate drug detection systems that competitors always seem to be one step ahead of?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think they should just do away with doping restrictions, let them take what they want and award the prizes to whoever goes the fastest.

They're all at it one way or another.

Why should you be allowed to improve your performance with a sports drink but not with something else?

Why bicker over asthma inhalers, why have more and more elaborate drug detection systems that competitors always seem to be one step ahead of?
    There's a great section in Tyler Hamilton's book that destroys that argument. It's too long and too scientific to reproduce on here, but it is compelling none the less. His conclusion is that, with unrestricted doping, it just wouldn't be a level playing field.

And that's from one of Lance's boys....

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a great section in Tyler Hamilton's book that destroys that argument. It's too long and too scientific to reproduce on here, but it is compelling none the less. His conclusion is that, with unrestricted doping, it just wouldn't be a level playing field.

And that's from one of Lance's boys....

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    I think the main argument is that doping is seriously dangerous to your health so, by allowing unrestricted doping, you'd be penalising those who aren't prepared to take such a risk.

Is it good for your health to have large amounts of salbutamol?

I've heard that in order to perform at the levels the likes of Froome and Wiggins do that their hearts are literally huge. Is that a good thing for people's long-term health?

There has been talk that in certain ethnic groups that reaching very high levels of physical fitness causing a ridiculous strain on the heart (the deaths of Tiote and Foe and Muamba's problems were due to this).

Is it worse risking your health by getting to a crazy level of physical fitness than pumping your body full of drugs?

I take it this isn't the same stuff that Wiggins was caught taking?