hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Kevin Thompson - the truth

This may be common knowledge, but it's new to me.

Sorry it's a Celtic site, but the video is interesting.

https://thecelticblog.com/2017/06/blogs/watch-kevin-thomson-slam-keith-jackson-in-an-astonishing-interview-about-his-hibs-move/

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Link no good

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Doesnt really come as a surprise that Jackson is full of *****. He's notorious for throwing hand grenades on Twitter then ****ing off for a stint. His avoidance of questions on 'the Hampden eleven' never comes as a surpise

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This may be common knowledge, but it's new to me.

Sorry it's a Celtic site, but the video is interesting.

https://thecelticblog.com/2017/06/bl...his-hibs-move/
    Interesting
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Link no good

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Try this

https://thecelticblog.com/2017/06/bl...his-hibs-move/
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Kevin Thomson's truth*

Doubt he was anywhere near as daft as he's making himself out to have been.

Left by mutual consent!
    Him, his agent and Jackson left a lot to be desired back then. Maybe in time KT has felt different but at the time I do not accept his almost its everyone but me.

He and his agent knew excatly what they were doing and that bawbag Jackson is just that a bawbag.

First Team Breakthrough
    Wow

Kevin Thomson - I apologise. I will not be alone in taking that interview as the truth.

Keith Jackson should be banned from Easter Road, between that made up interview and the lies from the final where he reported Rangers players being physically assaulted.

Disgrace

Jackson is a grade A fud

But we've all known that for years

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Funny...where are the stories and interviews from back then where KT says that Jackson made it all up? Or was he always meaning to come out and say it, but just never found the time?

I do believe he wishes that story never happened, and it may well have been led, bits of it made up, by Jackson, but I reckon he knew what was going to be printed.

As for the bit in that interview where he says he thought Celtc were more interested in him than in Scott Brown. Dinnae kid yourself. KT was a really good player/prospect, but SB was always the better of the two.
    Last edited by easty; 19-06-2017 at 09:14 PM.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Funny...where are the stories and interviews from back then where KT says that Jackson made it all up? Or was he always meaning to come out and say it, but just never found the time?
    He's said it for quite a long time. I chatted to him the morning after the Scottish cup final last year and he told this story pretty much word for word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole thing stank then and it stinks now.

Neither Thomson (or Brown) are as innocent as he makes out. They made the choice to change their agent which was the catalyst for the whole situation. God alone knows what he was promising them (although ultimately he delivered what both wanted, a big move and big money). I'm assuming Jackson didn't write Scott Browns transfer request either.

In saying all that Keith Jackson helped manipulate the whole episode. The man is the embodiement of the Scottish medias lickspittle attitude towards Rangers. If there's even a half truth to what Thomson is claiming then it calls any integrity the guy had left into question.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    He's said it for quite a long time. I chatted to him the morning after the Scottish cup final last year and he told this story pretty much word for word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In public, or to people every now and then?

Are there any stories from 2007 where Thomson says he didn't say it? If there are I'd love to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The whole thing stank then and it stinks now.

Neither Thomson (or Brown) are as innocent as he makes out. They made the choice to change their agent which was the catalyst for the whole situation. God alone knows what he was promising them (although ultimately he delivered what both wanted, a big move and big money).

In saying all that Keith Jackson helped manipulate the whole episode. The man is the embodiement of the Scottish medias lickspittle attitude towards Rangers. If there's even a half truth to what Thomson is claiming then it calls any integrity the guy had left into question.
    Fair points again.

John Collins had a big role in all of this, but that has somehow been forgotten.

Everyone is happy to blame Petrie for meeting with the unhappy players, but few are interested in why they were unhappy enough to seek a meeting in the first place.

Sheight. I've just opened the biggest can of worms . . .
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

In public, or to people every now and then?

Are there any stories from 2007 where Thomson says he didn't say it? If there are I'd love to see them.
    How could he say that? He was signing for them!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gamer IDs

How could he say that? He was signing for them!
    How could he not?

I'm not saying he should have come out and said he never wanted to play for that ****my weejie club.

He could easily have said "I never said I'd walk on broken glass to leave the team I grew up supporting, but I'm looking forward to the step up playing at Rangers", or something like that. He was a Rangers player so there would be nae shortage of journos wanting to speak to him.

How could he not?

I'm not saying he should have come out and said he never wanted to play for that ****my weejie club.

He could easily have said "I never said I'd walk on broken glass to leave the team I grew up supporting, but I'm looking forward to the step up playing at Rangers", or something like that. He was a Rangers player so there would be nae shortage of journos wanting to speak to him.
    Exactly, there's a million ways he could've discredited the "walk over broken glass" stuff at the time without upsetting his new employers. He didn't.

Jackson was clearly dirty as f... but KT's innocence is non-existent.

Fortunately it's all pretty irrelevant now but I'd be uncomfortable if we allowed that story to be re-written with a different spin.

Folk can choose to believe Keith Jackson if they want.

I choose to believe the Hibby, Kevin Thompson.

Folk can choose to believe Keith Jackson if they want.

I choose to believe the Hibby, Kevin Thompson.
    I don't disbelieve him BUT if someone made that statement on your behalf and you had no knowledge what was going to be said you would make every effort to set the record straight. It appears KT has only done this in the last couple of years. If he is big buddies with Keith Jackson why not ask him to say he may have embellished what KT did or didn't say.

Kevin Thompson The Truth

The truth is it's Thomson.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I don't disbelieve him BUT if someone made that statement on your behalf and you had no knowledge what was going to be said you would make every effort to set the record straight. It appears KT has only done this in the last couple of years. If he is big buddies with Keith Jackson why not ask him to say he may have embellished what KT did or didn't say.
    Firstly, why would he bother saying that now if it wasn't true? He's got nothing to gain from contradicting Jackson now, especially if Jackson's version was true.

Second, having given Jackson permission to make a quote up, how confident would a young man be of taking him on, particularly when the Huns would have been scrutinising every thing he said?

"I didn't say I'd walk over broken glass" suggests you're not all that bothered.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    A young lady friend and her fella (both Hibs fans) are very close to Katie.
    I was raging at the 'broken glass' story and said as much to her shortly after the story appeared in the rag. She told me exactly the same story as Katie tells in that interview, and that wasn't too long after the event although I don't recall exactly when.
    I believed it then, and still do.

Left by mutual consent!
    Bawbaggery of the highest order from KT, WM and KJ and all rather pathetic conduct at the time. No excuses for the pish.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I think in retrospect KT regrets the whole DR episode - don't we all.
    However, If I had been misquoted in the same way, I would have put the record (sorry, pun unintended) straight right away by talking to other media outlets (press & TV) and I certainly wouldn't have continued an association with the rag by providing them with a weekly 'column'.
    If your going to come clean, Kev - let's have the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you Sauzee.

People saying 'why didn't he discredit the story then', say you're in KTs position and you've just got a big money move and someone's published an article saying how passionate you are about that club, you're hardly going to go 'I don't care that much about the club but I'm happy to be here' are you? I fully believe Thomson in this, Keith Jackson should be banned from ER imo

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    However, If I had been misquoted in the same way, I would have put the record (sorry, pun unintended) straight right away by talking to other media outlets (press & TV) and I certainly wouldn't have continued an association with the rag by providing them with a weekly 'column'.
    If your going to come clean, Kev - let's have the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you Sauzee.
    Thats it for me, the continued association and silence says it all. Im sure he does regret it now but IMO he was party to it at time and allowed it to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    To contradict a powerful DR journalist at that age and, by doing so, risk alienating yourself from the unwashed hordes at Castle Greyskull, would have been an act of great bravery or stupidity.

Why would anyone risk doing that?

Don't worry. That's a rhetorical question.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDavidGray View Post
    People saying 'why didn't he discredit the story then', say you're in KTs position and you've just got a big money move and someone's published an article saying how passionate you are about that club, you're hardly going to go 'I don't care that much about the club but I'm happy to be here' are you? I fully believe Thomson in this, Keith Jackson should be banned from ER imo
    Exactly.

Gamer IDs

To contradict a powerful DR journalist at that age and, by doing so, risk alienating yourself from the unwashed hordes at Castle Greyskull, would have been an act of great bravery or stupidity.

Why would anyone risk doing that?

Don't worry. That's a rhetorical question.
    Steady on. It was Keith Jackson not Jospeh Goebbells
    Last edited by easty; 19-06-2017 at 10:54 PM.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Here's the thing, does it matter? KT gave us some great times, then he moved on. Then he returned and 0layed his part in the semi final that brought us the Scottish Cup.

There's some questionable moments (his Rangers move) and some martyr moments (playing for free) but ultimately when in a Hibs strip he gave us his all, when he left each time the club survived. Thanks for everything you gave us Kevin, I'll not forget the good time you helped bring us.