2 1.89%
  • Liverpool

18 16.98%
  • Real Madrid

23 21.70%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hehe far from okay ya manc supporting git,made worse by the fact that you rejoicing in our failure 😁
    Brilliant.

Love our banter. Wouldn't have it any other way.

See you next season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I thought it was a gripping game and the star of the show for me was Andy Robertson. He looked right at home amongst the worlds best, making them look daft at times. Some great defending and forward play too.

Karius is getting slaughtered right now and rightly so but I’m gutted for him. We all have bad days but what a day to have one...and this will be with him for life.
    However, others have come back stronger from adversity and not let such moments define them. Beckham against Argentina springs to mind.

No disgrace to lose to a team like Madrid and that’s got to be one of the best goals I’ve seen. Just amazing!
    Andy Robertson was superb. The guy on the right who has the Barker love in seems to get all the plaudits but for me, Robertson is the outstanding full back in that team.

Karius was Zibi in disguise tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Andy Robertson was superb. The guy on the right who has the Barker love in seems to get all the plaudits but for me, Robertson is the outstanding full back in that team.

I don’t know if it’s the self-deprecating streak but when I saw a Scot playing in such a match I just wanted him to hold his own and “please, just don’t **** up” was often the thought.

I needn’t have worried. What a performance!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Salah should go back home and find a good ‘Cairo’,practor before the World Cup. Joking apart, I hope he gets fit, although I doubt it, if his injury is as bad as they say. It’s a huge blow for Egypt and the competition in general.
    You immediately sensed the belief drain from the rest of the L'pool players after he went off Jim and as you say hope he can cap a fine season off by making the World Cup. Liverpool absolutely deserved their place in that final though, just sad they left their 'A game' in the dressing room. Thought Robertson played a blinder and had a couple of goal saving challenges. Top player. Their keeper's career however has now been defined in one game, there's no way to recover fully from that. Horrendous performance.

Don't quite get the hate for Ramos though, as much as he can play act and be arrogant, he is exactly the type of central defender I'd want marshalling the defence and being up against top players. If you look at the VT Salah wraps his arm into Ramos initially.............when you do that, players with his (Ramos) nous are always going to take advantage. There's no room for sentiment in central defence and it's always been a bug bear of mine at Hibs that we were soft in that area until Fontaine and (especially) Darren arrived and Paul Hanlon stepped up and became much more 'aggressive' in his defending.

Maybe I'm too old school having been brought up in the 'let them know you're there' coaching school

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    You immediately sensed the belief drain from the rest of the L'pool players after he went off Jim and as you say hope he can cap a fine season off by making the World Cup. Liverpool absolutely deserved their place in that final though, just sad they left their 'A game' in the dressing room. Thought Robertson played a blinder and had a couple of goal saving challenges. Top player. Their keeper's career however has now been defined in one game, there's no way to recover fully from that. Horrendous performance.

Don't quite get the hate for Ramos though, as much as he can play act and be arrogant, he is exactly the type of central defender I'd want marshalling the defence and being up against top players. If you look at the VT Salah wraps his arm into Ramos initially.............when you do that, players with his (Ramos) nous are always going to take advantage. There's no room for sentiment in central defence and it's always been a bug bear of mine at Hibs that we were soft in that area until Fontaine and (especially) Darren arrived and Paul Hanlon stepped up and became much more 'aggressive' in his defending.

Maybe I'm too old school having been brought up in the 'let them know you're there' coaching school
    This is probably controversial given all the Ronaldo vs Messi vs Salah chat but for me, Ramos is up their as one of the best players in the world. Skill, speed, aggression! He hands down beats Cannavero as the best defender of modern times. Even his blatant cheating is a skill in its own right.
    Last edited by overdrive; 27-05-2018 at 12:05 AM.

I am in Kiev now and watched the match in a bar that was largely populated by Liverpool supporters. Great atmosphere and cracking banter with the Liverpool fans in another bar before the match.

It was not a memorable match and was ultimately decided by goalkeeping errors that even Zibbi would have been embarrassed by.

Two rather poor teams, one 17 points adrift of Barcelona and the other 25 points behind Manchester City’ failed to produce a spectacular. However, Gareth Bale’s first goal was something special.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

You'll find Karius in the bookies tonight collecting his winnings, methinks.

This is probably controversial given all the Ronaldo vs Messi vs Salah chat but for me, Ramos is up their as one of the best players in the world. Skill, speed, aggression! He hands down beats Cannavero as the best defender of modern times. Even his blatant cheating is a skill in its own right.
    Ramos is brilliant. Everybody hates him. Everybody wants him in their team.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    You'll find Karius in the bookies tonight collecting his winnings, methinks.
    He made up a reasonable chunk of my £300 profit tonight, so I’m not complaining. Carvajal’s pass to Ramos in the first half made up most of that though.. legend!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Karius has been immense since Christmas. Proved his doubters wrong.

If ever someone posted something and wished the ground could open up and swallow it, him and every word.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    If ever someone posted something and wished the ground could open up and swallow it, him and every word.
    To be fair, he has been brilliant in the second half of the season. I fear tonight was his Zibi moment though. I would be looking for a replacement if I was Klopp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Ramos is brilliant. Everybody hates him. Everybody wants him in their team.
    I love watching him play. A superb defender! Much more than a defender though.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    While Salah has had a great season, I think his chances of extending his form into the World Cup were always slim. Firstly, he plays and feeds off a far stronger squad with Liverpool than he does with Egypt.

With Egypt, he has to face Uruguay and the hosts, Russia, plus Saudi Arabia. Finishing in the top two is a very tall order and then almost certainly means playing Portugal or Spain in the next round. That's a lot of strong teams.

He's had an outrageous season but I think the WC would have been a let-down, perhaps unfairly.

As for the game itself, I thought Robertson and Alexander-Arnold, while making the odd error, both showed up really well. Tons of confidence and the skill to back it up. Liverpool will want to hang on to both of them as they have years and years to offer, while learning all the way.

Ramos on Salah wasn't anything I wouldn't have expected. Ramos is an excellent defender who is also as good as anyone in the dark arts - maybe why he's been a first-pick at Real for so long.......

I don't doubt he knows every trick to pull fouls, win throw-ins, and even cause injuries. I don't think the challenge with Salah was intended to do his left shoulder, though it was intended to stop him and maybe even hurt him.

I'm curious about the Liverpool corner just after though - that's what led to Salah going off. An innocuous-looking challenge there, building on the Ramos challenge, might have made the difference. I'm not suggesting he was targeted on that side but it feels more realistic than suggesting Ramos did some slippery WWF-style challenge with the first move to damage Salah's otherside shoulder.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Bale's 1st goal is the greatest goal i've seen in the champions league.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Bale's 1st goal is the greatest goal i've seen in the champions league.
    Behave

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Behave
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I know, only Karius himself will have had a moment like that yesterday

Im sure it will get lost in the media sheet storm over the next few days but its true. He's been making great saves all over the place, one against Newcastle and in the Roma game stand out. 'The #1' podcast about keepers I subscribe to had him as the Premier leagues most improved 'lazarus' keeper this season. I actually can't wait to hear what they say on Thursday He started his Liverpool career off very dodgy indeed, turned it round so lots of pundits were questioning if they in fact needed to go in for Alison from Roma after all, and now it must be all over for him at a top club, there can't be a player EVER who ****ed it up so badly, twice, on such a massive stage... 165 million people watched that last night. I'm guessing Liverpool will have lots of psychological help for him, but you have to worry about where his head must be at.

As I said to my boy last night, this is why it makes no sense to grow up wanting to be a goalie.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 27-05-2018 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I am in Kiev now and watched the match in a bar that was largely populated by Liverpool supporters. Great atmosphere and cracking banter with the Liverpool fans in another bar before the match.

It was not a memorable match and was ultimately decided by goalkeeping errors that even Zibbi would have been embarrassed by.

Two rather poor teams, one 17 points adrift of Barcelona and the other 25 points behind Manchester City’ failed to produce a spectacular. However, Gareth Bale’s first goal was something special.
    I don't think you can describe Real Madrid as a rather poor team.

They have just won 3 Champions League titles in a row which is not something that any other side has achieved in the modern era. In this tournament alone they have eliminated Dortmund in the group stage and then beaten French Champions PSG, Italian Champions Juventus , German Champions Bayern Munich and Liverpool in the knockout stages. A rather poor team does not beat one of those sides let alone all of them and you would struggle to find a more difficult route to winning it.

They are without doubt the best knockout tournament side in the world and one of the best there has ever been.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I know, only Karius himself will have had a moment like that yesterday

Im sure it will get lost in the media sheet storm over the next few days but its true. He's been making great saves all over the place, one against Newcastle and in the Roma game stand out. 'The #1' podcast about keepers I subscribe to had him as the Premier leagues most improved 'lazarus' keeper this season. I actually can't wait to hear what they say on Thursday He started his Liverpool career off very dodgy indeed, turned it round so lots of pundits were questioning if they in fact needed to go in for Alison from Roma after all, and now it must be all over for him at a top club, there can't be a player EVER who ****ed it up so badly, twice, on such a massive stage... 165 million people watched that last night. I'm guessing Liverpool will have lots of psychological help for him, but you have to worry about where his head must be at.

As I said to my boy last night, this is why it makes no sense to grow up wanting to be a goalie.
    Aye, he has been very good since he came in after the other one who's name i cant pronounce was dropped.

Although like Zibi, there will be a big percentage of the support who will never forgive him, i think they will need to replace him now.

And as you mention, he will need to be very strong to come back from that.

Heart breaks for the keeper. I support Liverpool and i'm as gutted as the next Liverpool fan but i'm absolutely gutted for the guy. Those mistakes will haunt him for the rest of his life.

The abuse he's been getting on social media is outragous and disgusting. People sending him death threats, threats against his kids and family etc. Really disturbing stuff. He's a human being who's made genuine mistakes and will no doubt be feeling horrendously low.

Thought it was pretty poor that none of his team mates went over to him at FT. You'd have thought at very least the captain would have gone over.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Heart breaks for the keeper. I support Liverpool and i'm as gutted as the next Liverpool fan but i'm absolutely gutted for the guy. Those mistakes will haunt him for the rest of his life.

The abuse he's been getting on social media is outragous and disgusting. People sending him death threats, threats against his kids and family etc. Really disturbing stuff. He's a human being who's made genuine mistakes and will no doubt be feeling horrendously low.

Thought it was pretty poor that none of his team mates went over to him at FT. You'd have thought at very least the captain would have gone over.
    Jermaine Pennant needs to have a word with himself, his Twitter comments are a disgrace to a fellow pro.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Down to the last eight - who's going to win it?
    Real

It's absolutely disgraceful that he and his family are receiving death threats over a game of football.

As if the guy isn't feeling bad enough, he now has to deal with these evil and vicious comments. Who knows what his state of mind is after last night, maybe he is feeling fragile after everything that's happened and God forbid these comments tip him over the edge.

Yes if you're a Liverpool fan you'll be pissed off with him and probably never want him to play another game for the club but when all is said and done, it really is only a game.

The guy's a human being and has made errors at his work last night like millions of us have done at our jobs in the past. It's just unfortunate for him that his errors have been done in front of a global audience.

I really hope he can get through this and I hope he gets all the psychological support that he needs from the club.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Jermaine Pennant needs to have a word with himself, his Twitter comments are a disgrace to a fellow pro.
    Pennant had always seemed a total dick. This is just further evidence.

Social media really does give people a great opportunity to prove just how awful they really are.

I can’t believe a player would come out with that. Says more about him to be honest. He’s a ***** player and always has been.

Every Liverpool player should hang there heads in shame for that. All this YNWA crap they give and they pie a player who loses them the game. You pick each other up and be there as a team. After that reaction I’m now delighted they lost!

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I can’t believe a player would come out with that. Says more about him to be honest. He’s a ***** player and always has been.
    He's getting an absolute roasting on Twitter in reply to his tweets.

Pennant tweeted YNWA in the same tweet where he also singled out the keeper - irony of that clearly lost!

Come across as a complete dickhead, very very poor especially from a former professional who knows what it's like to make mistakes.

Pennant tweeted YNWA in the same tweet where he also singled out the keeper - irony of that clearly lost!

Come across as a complete dickhead, very very poor especially from a former professional who knows what it's like to make mistakes.
    Thank **** we never signed him.