hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    @hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine wanting our manager to be 100% committed to the club and are quite uneasy with his unhealthy links to his former club to the determent of ours.

If this was a hearts manager away to a huns function or Craig Levein to a Harry Potter book convention we would be laughing our nuts off.
    do you seriously think heading away for half a day(if that) is going to disrupt things that much?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Does this send a worse message to the players than seeing pictures of your manager hanging about the bookies in his spare time?

I realise there are some players who would probably ask for a tip.....

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    do you seriously think heading away for half a day(if that) is going to disrupt things that much?
    It doesn't set the correct tone that a celtic tribute night is more important than spending 5 days away with his squad. It should have been cancelled. It wasn't, hey ho.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    It doesn't set the correct tone that a celtic tribute night is more important than spending 5 days away with his squad. It should have been cancelled. It wasn't, hey ho.
    nice deflection! i think if you are being honest you will agree that it probably had no impact on the players or training(if they were training).

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    nice deflection! i think if you are being honest you will agree that it probably had no impact on the players or training(if they were training).
    I never once said it disrupted stuff so there's no deflection. Regarding training, no, he doesn't take most the training anyway.

About being there as the manager of the club and leaving half way through for a night with his old club, that doesn't send the correct message out.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I never once said it disrupted stuff so there's no deflection. Regarding training, no, he doesn't take most the training anyway.

About being there as the manager of the club and leaving half way through for a night with his old club, that doesn't send the correct message out.
    Was any actual message given to the squad? And how do they feel about it?

Chill out mate. You keep repeating yourself and it’s now becoming obsessive. You’ve made your point about our manager travelling back to Scotland for a few hours albeit you just can’t stop yourself falsely calling the ‘legends of SCOTTISH FOOTBALL ‘ event a Celtic gig. It clearly wasn’t so you detract from your concerns by repeating this ‘untruth’. However we do get you’re upset he returned to speak at this event.

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    I can see the OP's point but this is a bit of a mountain out of a molehill situation no?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Chill out mate. You keep repeating yourself and it’s now becoming obsessive. You’ve made your point about our manager travelling back to Scotland for a few hours albeit you just can’t stop yourself falsely calling the ‘legends of SCOTTISH FOOTBALL ‘ event a Celtic gig. It clearly wasn’t so you detract from your concerns by repeating this ‘untruth’. However we do get you’re upset he returned to speak at this event.
    thought it was only the huns and the diet variety that got so wound up about Celtc.
    Makes you wonder.

Sure the manager trusts his backroom staff. He's done a good job so far so im not going to lose any sleep over this. Unfortunately he's a Celtic legend. Hopefully he becomes a Hibs one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Do people seriously think the players want to spend 5 days and nights in Portugal "bonding" with their manager?

Or think that's what they'd be doing? No chance.

The management team will withdraw from the players when the work's done and allow them to "bond" which is far more important. If the management were there all the time, that wouldn't happen to the same extent.

There may be an occasional set piece social event during the week, but not 24/7 "bonding" between Lennon and the team.

It would be a huge mistake for Lennon etc to be in the pockets of the squad all week.

So, Lennon's attendance at a Legends of Scotland event will have lost Hibs nothing.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    The correct tone would've been one with a capital T surely?

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Neil Lennon is doing a great job as Hibernian Manager and im pretty sure Gary Parker is more than capable of dealing with matters. Alex ferguson once sat out a manchester united game...

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    I heard a rumour that he's on next year's Celebrity Big Brother.

Some folk are going to lose it on here when they watch him waking up in his Hoopy the Huddlehound Jim jams.

@hibs.net private member
    I was quite happy for the winter break but if 7 pages on this are the result I hope it's not back next season!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    😂👍

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I was quite happy for the winter break but if 7 pages on this are the result I hope it's not back next season!
    Snap i bet lennon had this gig lined up long before our friendly/training camp was confirmed.

Are folk genuinely upset by this 😂? Utter nonsense. Neil Lennon's job is a football manager. Every decision he makes is done with his job in mind. If he felt that returning to an event for one night would impact how he performed in his job then he wouldn't have gone. Seems to me like he trusts his assistants to do exactly what they are employed to do. I'm confused as to why some of our supporters don't share this view.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Do people seriously think the players want to spend 5 days and nights in Portugal "bonding" with their manager?

The management team will withdraw from the players when the work's done and allow them to "bond" which is far more important. If the management were there all the time, that wouldn't happen to the same extent.

There may be an occasional set piece social event during the week, but not 24/7 "bonding" between Lennon and the team.

It would be a huge mistake for Lennon etc to be in the pockets of the squad all week.

So, Lennon's attendance at a Legends of Scotland event will have lost Hibs nothing.
    Pretty much sums it up.

In a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    I heard a rumour that he's on next year's Celebrity Big Brother.

Some folk are going to lose it on here when they watch him waking up in his Hoopy the Huddlehound Jim jams.

Coaching Staff
    Can anyone advise whether he was back to view the entire game against the Dutch side?

I’ve looked for confirmation from on eye witness that he was, but can’t find it, other than comments that he was stuck in traffic.

So, simple yes/no question.

Best post of the thread, some people really need to take a reality check

Dearie me, the team cannot go away for a few days without the bedwetters getting in a lather about SFA

Common sense view of the situation.

Unfortunately common sense seems to have gone out the window with that element of our support who have a particular agenda.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Can anyone advise whether he was back to view the entire game against the Dutch side?

I’ve looked for confirmation from on eye witness that he was, but can’t find it, other than comments that he was stuck in traffic.

So, simple yes/no question.
    He was there when Gray went off injured and that was after something like 5-10 minutes I think? So I’m assuming he was there from the start. Looks like his wee trip to this function really didn’t have an impact at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    Common sense view of the situation.

Unfortunately common sense seems to have gone out the window with that element of our support who have a particular agenda.
    My take exactly. Too much hyped indignation over the root of sod all. Grays injury is the biggest concern but apart from that don't see a lot to moan about. We should have more points but if we said we would be sitting now in fourth then I'm sure we would have been well pleased. Let's just concentrate on the next game. Not having any games to talk about let's a few imaginations run wild.

@hibs.net private member
    I just looked on the Legends of Football twitter site and the event was organised at least as early as July 17. The site is very Celtc orientated considering its title. The training camp was obviously organised with this knowledge so everyone would have been aware of the plans. I still don't think it is ideal a manager leaving half way through a working week but am far more concerned that our captain is out possibly for the season.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    We'd have won that yesterday if Lennon had stayed out the way.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby