hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah, that’s like saying you’ve sat in the same seat for 20 years but this season we are going to open it up so everyone can renew their season ticket at the same time and nodody is guaranteed their seat they currently have its fair game for everyone.

If they do not bring in an alternative to the AST then there will be a period of time where the current AST holders get a chance to renew before it open up to everyone else.
    It’s not though - the ast is now a priority scheme and folk should all get an opportunity to get one. They can’t just hand them out to those that have “always” had it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Looking at the stats we've won 7 of the last 62 games against Hearts at Tynie in all competitions since Hearts came back up in '83. It's a wonder anyone wants to go at all with this woeful record. Hope springs eternal
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Looking at the stats we've won 7 of the last 62 games against Hearts at Tynie in all competitions since Hearts came back up in '83. It's a wonder anyone wants to go at all with this woeful record. Hope springs eternal
    When you put it like that I might not bother. Ticket for sale, £100 . (Joke before anyone starts)

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    It’s not though - the ast is now a priority scheme and folk should all get an opportunity to get one. They can’t just hand them out to those that have “always” had it.

How is it a priority scheme? We are committed to buy a ticket for every league and cup away match including the league cup group stages etc. Even if we can’t go. All that happens is our cash is debited 48hrs before yours.

It's only right that people get the opportunity to continue with it, given the commitment they have made over the last two years.

You always get the opportunity retain your seat at Easter Road before it gets released. If (and I know this is extremely unlikely) we were ever at a point where season tickets sold out at ER it wouldn't just be opened up to everyone the following season. This should be no different.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Clearly the singing section are better fans than the rest of us - including the huge swathes of the East who sing as much as them.

What a farce.

If there was a loyalty system at least there would be something quantifiable as opposed to Hibs just picking out random groups they feel are more deserving.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    It's only right that people get the opportunity to continue with it, given the commitment they have made over the last two years.

You always get the opportunity retain your seat at Easter Road before it gets released. If (and I know this is extremely unlikely) we were ever at a point where season tickets sold out at ER it wouldn't just be opened up to everyone the following season. This should be no different.
    You can’t compare the home and away STs - they’re different things. Hibs don’t make money from the away ST if anything the extra admin is a cost.

What's the smallest away allocation we get now we're back up out of interest?

There must surely be scope for opening up the AST scheme again for next season? (if, in fact, it was ever "shut" as such)

You can’t compare the home and away STs - they’re different things. Hibs don’t make money from the away ST if anything the extra admin is a cost.
    Can't compare because it doesn't suit your argument you mean.

Keep reading about the extra admin costs etc. How much is it really? They process a few forms before the season starts and that's it. Payments the come out automatically throughout the season so it reduces admin if anything.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Can't compare because it doesn't suit your argument you mean.

Keep reading about the extra admin costs etc. How much is it really? They process a few forms before the season starts and that's it. Payments the come out automatically throughout the season so it reduces admin if anything.
    I was just repeating what someone said after they were asked why Cup tickets are included in the AST but not the home ST. Not trying to fit my argument just being consistent.

I won’t be registering for an AST so have no preference either way just trying to look at it objectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Its a shocking record and one we need to change Didn't realise it was as poor as that Thats why the longer we keep extending our current nine in a row sequence The more it will get to them as they have had the upper hand in Derbies for too long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    What's the smallest away allocation we get now we're back up out of interest?

There must surely be scope for opening up the AST scheme again for next season? (if, in fact, it was ever "shut" as such)

Probably rangers, around 950 tickets, followed by celtic, roughly 1000 tickets.

@hibs.net private member
    Probably rangers, around 950 tickets, followed by celtic, roughly 1000 tickets.
    Could increase the membership to 900-1000 next season then?

And leave no tickets for others who can attend most but not all games? An LP system would sort that though

I got a ticket and I haven't been to an away game this season. Been a season ticket holder for many years and used to go home and away without fail. Been on several European trips including both times to Athens.
    My circumstances changed and away games became a bridge too far but I have done my time with Hibs and deserve to be there as much as anyone else.
    The most loyal fans are covered already by away season tickets so the rest of us have to take our chances.
    Seems fair enough to me.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I got a ticket and I haven't been to an away game this season. Been a season ticket holder for many years and used to go home and away without fail. Been on several European trips including both times to Athens.
    My circumstances changed and away games became a bridge too far but I have done my time with Hibs and deserve to be there as much as anyone else.
    The most loyal fans are covered already by away season tickets so the rest of us have to take our chances.
    Seems fair enough to me.
    That wouldn't be fair on the uber, uber, uber fans who didn't get a cup ticket. The streets of Edinburgh are littered with discarded toys. For the record I failed to get a ticket. Such is life. I will survive.

Edit!
    One of the singing section can't go and has just offered me his ticket. Should I take it?

@hibs.net private member
    And leave no tickets for others who can attend most but not all games? An LP system would sort that though
    Yes - why not?

I wouldn't go that far but, unless I'm mistaken, down in the doldrums was it not Dumbarton or someone had an away allocation of only about 400 so AST were limited?

If the scheme was reopened on an "open ended" basis I'd be interested to see how many more we'd get. I don't know what our real lunatic hardcore (), don't miss an away game all season away fans numbers would likely be but for sure they should be given the chance via the AST scheme to ensure they don't miss out on the most popular away games.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I wouldn't go that far but, unless I'm mistaken, down in the doldrums was it not Dumbarton or someone had an away allocation of only about 400 so AST were limited?

If the scheme was reopened on an "open ended" basis I'd be interested to see how many more we'd get. I don't know what our real lunatic hardcore (), don't miss an away game all season away fans numbers would likely be but for sure they should be given the chance via the AST scheme to ensure they don't miss out on the most popular away games.
    I don't think there was a cap put on it last season and only around 320 joined. This season a cap of either 300 or 350 was set. We got 800 tickets for Dumbarton and very rarely sold that out. Maybe once or twice while we were down there.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Cup ties, semis and finals in the period aside, I don't think we sold out too often anywhere in our three seasons down there. Play off ties sure, Dumbarton once that I can think off, but it was after a general sale, not the result of a frenzy on Day 1. Makes it all the more galling that some of those who backed the team formidably and at some godawful locations have had thier reward for that diligence taken away from them.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Still plenty left in the home end if you’re desperate enough.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Still plenty left in the home end if you’re desperate enough.
    Fancy going for it big chap, I'm in if you are.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Fancy going for it big chap, I'm in if you are.
    Could you imagine? I cannae behave myself in the away end.