hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was surprised she admitted that too. She is operating her own loyalty scheme in a way. I might buy an under 12s AST next year for one of my kids and just pick and choose games.

The point about waiting until we had more away fans before considering a loyalty scheme was ill thought out crap. Surely if we have around 2000 away fans then it makes it easier to operate a loyalty scheme. Ibrox and Parkhead would still be oversubscribed but you could give all the away fans a ticket for Tiny and still have a ballot with a good number of tickets left for season ticket holders who seem to think they have a right to a chance of a ticket.
    Absolutely bang on the money for me. Without going into detail Frank stated that an alternative was being looked at. How you do it without it being a loyalty scheme of sorts I've no idea!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Fan Reps Interview - Hibs Talk Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    A sticky thread for all fan rep matters is the answer.
    They don’t answer questions posed by fans anyway so I doubt it would make any difference. Tracey was never off here when she was up for election, now it’s radio silence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ozyhibby; 10-01-2018 at 12:12 PM.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Question

Answer

Imo
    Ok then...

"Some fans ... make sacrifices to their family life and other commitments in order to devote extra TIME to Hibs."

If we accept the premise that some fans should be treated differently because they make an extra sacrifice/commitmemt to the club... Why single out those who go to away matches?

"Some fans ... make sacrifices to their family life and other commitments in order to devote extra MONEY to Hibs."

Some fans ... make sacrifices to their family life and other commitments in order to TRAVEL FROM OUTWITH EDINBURGH to support Hibs.

So what's the difference? Why should one group of fans be prioritised over the other?

My issue is really that some folk represent going to see Hibs at away games as some massive sacrifice that they're making which makes them better fans and for which they should be rewarded.

I respect them for making whatever sacrifices they make but No one forces them to.

They presumably enjoy going to the away games? I personally would love to get to more games but due to work i don't have that opportunity.

Your reward for going to see Hibs at the away games you go to... Is getting to see Hibs at the away games you go to.

Why should you want or expect anything extra?

Its not perfect but for me the only fair way is the current lottery. (An actual lottery might be better come to think of it)

Quote Originally Posted by barcahibs View Post
    Ok then...

"Some fans ... make sacrifices to their family life and other commitments in order to devote extra TIME to Hibs."

If we accept the premise that some fans should be treated differently because they make an extra sacrifice/commitmemt to the club... Why single out those who go to away matches?

"Some fans ... make sacrifices to their family life and other commitments in order to devote extra MONEY to Hibs."

Some fans ... make sacrifices to their family life and other commitments in order to TRAVEL FROM OUTWITH EDINBURGH to support Hibs.

So what's the difference? Why should one group of fans be prioritised over the other?

My issue is really that some folk represent going to see Hibs at away games as some massive sacrifice that they're making which makes them better fans and for which they should be rewarded.

I respect them for making whatever sacrifices they make but No one forces them to.

They presumably enjoy going to the away games? I personally would love to get to more games but due to work i don't have that opportunity.

Your reward for going to see Hibs at the away games you go to... Is getting to see Hibs at the away games you go to.

Its not perfect but for me the only fair way is the current lottery. (An actual lottery might be better come to think of it)
    I totally agree with the bit in bold. I have been in the fortunate postion of being able to go to most games home and away in the past. I was just incredibly lucky to have the cash and time to do so. It made me no more deserving of anything other than a stiff drink to help me blot out some of the dreadful fitba I witnessed.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Ok then...

Disagree completely with your central point here - loyalty schemes for football fans should based on going to games...that after all, is surely the essence of being a fan ...

Sure, some people would love to go and can’t afford it, or others have other things they need to prioritise...but hey, they equally can’t expect to have the same number of “points” as those who do...I’m one who doesn’t go to every game through choice - so I don’t earn the same tickets rights as those who do - it’s completely logical .

It is not a test if who is the best fan - it is a points system as to who goes and supports their team the most - I can think of no better scale to Measure who should get first dibs at high demand tickets

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Disagree completely with your central point here - loyalty schemes for football fans should based on going to games...that after all, is surely the essence of being a fan ...

Sure, some people would love to go and can’t afford it, or others have other things they need to prioritise...but hey, they equally can’t expect to have the same number of “points” as those who do...I’m one who doesn’t go to every game through choice - so I don’t earn the same tickets rights as those who do - it’s completely logical .

It is not a test if who is the best fan - it is a points system as to who goes and supports their team the most - I can think of no better scale to Measure who should get first dibs at high demand tickets
    But why can't it be a points system based on who supports their team financially the most? Or who travels the farthest? Or who has to have the biggest argumemt with their partner whenever they blow off their weekend plans to go to the football instead?

Every one of those groups is making an extra effort to support Hibs, an extra effort that some other fans aren't making.

Why should one group's extra effort be considered more worthy than the others?

Sure, some people would love to pay £100 to guarantee a tynecastle ticket and can’t afford it, or others have other things they need to prioritise...but hey, they equally can’t expect to have the same number of “points” as those who do...
    My changes to your statement in bold. What's the difference?
    Last edited by barcahibs; 10-01-2018 at 04:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    But why can't it be a points system based on who supports their team financially the most? Or who travels the farthest? Or who has to have the biggest argumemt with their partner whenever they blow off their weekend plans to go to the football instead?

Every one of those groups is making an extra effort to support Hibs, an extra effort that some other fans aren't making.

Why should one group's extra effort be considered more worthy than the others?
    Because a loyalty scheme is for priority for tickets for games - if you go to most games you earn the right to be at top of queue for tickets for games - it really is that simple...

Football loyalty points should be about going and watching your team - nothing else

Because a loyalty scheme is for priority for tickets for games - if you go to most games you earn the right to be at top of queue for tickets for games - it really is that simple...

Football loyalty points should be about going and watching your team - nothing else
    We're going round in circles here i appreciate :) but why? Why is your definition of loyalty - those who have the time, money and opportunity to go to Away games - the right one?

You could change that opinion round to any special interest group. Those who collect the most autographs, those who soend most money in the club shop, those who have the most posts on here, those who make the biggest contribution to HSL or KFK... etc etc etc

I can just about grant the idea that loyalty is about sacrificing something (time, money, whatever) but i cannot agree with the premise that one type of sacrifice is worth more than another.

Sorry, ballot is the only fair way for me.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    So Tracy thinks it's a great idea to tell us she upgrades her kids away ST's to adult ones for Tynecastle and Ibrox to save her neighbour and a friend the "hassle" of securing high demand tickets. What a great system. Why should away ST's be upgraded for use and benefit of others?

I find it incredible that 1, she thinks this ok and 2, she publicly announced it! Thats potentially a red card offence.

I can see votes of no confidence going in!
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 10-01-2018 at 04:24 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    We're going round in circles here i appreciate :) but why? Why is your definition of loyalty - those who have the time, money and opportunity to go to Away games - the right one?

You could change that opinion round to any special interest group. Those who collect the most autographs, those who soend most money in the club shop, those who have the most posts on here, those who make the biggest contribution to HSL or KFK... etc etc etc

I can just about grant the idea that loyalty is about sacrificing something (time, money, whatever) but i cannot agree with the premise that one type of sacrifice is worth more than another.

Sorry, ballot is the only fair way for me.
    Forget the word “loyalty”....think of what the scoring system is for..it’s for priority for a ticket for a game . for tickets for matches, it has to be people who have gone to most matches.

There is no other measure that is directly related to what the reward is..

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I find it incredible that 1, she thinks this ok and 2, she publicly announced it! Thats potentially a red card offence.

I can see votes of no confidence going in!
    You could always tag it onto your loyalty point scheme. 😁

Forget the word “loyalty”....think of what the scoring system is for..it’s for priority for a ticket for a game . for tickets for matches, it has to be people who have gone to most matches.

There is no other measure that is directly related to what the reward is..

Fan A - I'm due to work that weekend but Hibs are playing away at Dens... Bugger it I'll take the hit and give my shift to someone else, the boss won't care as long as the work is done. That way i can go the game and get the loyalty points i need to make sure i get to the hearts game at tynecastle.

Fan B - I'm due to work that weekend but Hibs are playing away at Dens... There's no one who can cover for me and if i don't go I'll get fired... Bugger it I'll cycle to work every day this month and pay the money i would have spent on train fares direct to Hibs - £100 donation to HSL will get me the loyalty points i need to make sure i get to the hearts game at tynecastle.

What's the difference? Except Fan A got to see an extra Hibs game while Fan B had to freeze his bum off and riak his life on a bike - plus Hibs are £100 richer.

@hibs.net private member
    Fan A - I'm due to work that weekend but Hibs are playing away at Dens... Bugger it I'll take the hit and give my shift to someone else, the boss won't care as long as the work is done. That way i can go the game and get the loyalty points i need to make sure i get to the hearts game at tynecastle.

Fan B - I'm due to work that weekend but Hibs are playing away at Dens... There's no one who can cover for me and if i don't go I'll get fired... Bugger it I'll cycle to work every day this month and pay the money i would have spent on train fares direct to Hibs - £100 donation to HSL will get me the loyalty points i need to make sure i get to the hearts game at tynecastle.

What's the difference? Except Fan A got to see an extra Hibs game while Fan B had to freeze his bum off and riak his life on a bike - plus Hibs are £100 richer.
    lol. You are a trier I’ll give you that

At the moment there is no difference ...to either fan.

Actually, unless you are a sponsor- where paying money to Hibs seems to give you access to high demand tickets

For me , it’s the fans who go to games that few want to go to. For example- Those who went to ICT for the cup tie after we had lost the league cup final - not only did they deserve priority for tickets they deserve a medal. Consistency of watching Hibs week in and week out , should earn the right to watch Hibs when tickets are hard to get

Your Fan B is a great (mad?? ) person - very committed to the club - but donating to HSL, should give them no ticket rights...Fan A earns them - as he has gone to the game

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    You made a statement about the fans reps which wasn’t necessary and I corrected you. You then went on to make unnecessary comments about my appearance.

Seems like that statement about one of the Fans Reps wasn't entirely unfounded after all. Systems and all that.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Seems like that statement about one of the Fans Reps wasn't entirely unfounded after all. Systems and all that.
    ??? They both have away season tickets

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    lol. You are a trier I’ll give you that

At the moment there is no difference ...to either fan.

Actually, unless you are a sponsor- where paying money to Hibs seems to give you access to high demand tickets

For me , it’s the fans who go to games that few want to go to. For example- Those who went to ICT for the cup tie after we had lost the league cup final - not only did they deserve priority for tickets they deserve a medal. Consistency of watching Hibs week in and week out , should earn the right to watch Hibs when tickets are hard to get

Your Fan B is a great (mad?? ) person - very committed to the club - but donating to HSL, should give them no ticket rights...Fan A earns them - as he has gone to the game
    I'd understand your argument if going to Hibs away games was like some kind of job or chore, but it's all done of your own free will and for your enjoyment. You could turn your argument around and say because you've had more than your fair share of watching Hibs it's time to give someone else a chance.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    ??? They both have away season tickets

That one rep upgrades the 2 child ones to adults then hands them out to neighbour and friend, aye, thats what the AST is for right enough.

That one rep upgrades the 2 child ones to adults then hands them out to neighbour and friend, aye, thats what the AST is for right enough.
    Saved me the bother. Ta.

Left by mutual consent!
    And yet we have threads on here on a regular basis asking if anyone would like one of the spare tickets they have as their child can't make the match. You only have to upgrade it though.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    And yet we have threads on here on a regular basis asking if anyone would like one of the spare tickets they have as their child can't make the match. You only have to upgrade it though.
    For Tynecastle?

Left by mutual consent!
    For Tynecastle?
    For any match. Same principle isn't it? Some are even doing Hibs out of money. It's a scandal I tell ye.

For any match. Same principle isn't it? Some are even doing Hibs out of money. It's a scandal I tell ye.
    I meant has there been such a thread on a game at Tynecastle. (Or Ibrox / Parkhead). Stand to be corrected, but I really don't think so.

Left by mutual consent!
    I meant has there been such a thread on a game at Tynecastle. (Or Ibrox / Parkhead). Stand to be corrected, but I really don't think so.
    Not seen one, but plenty of others for matches which do Hibs out of cash. Plenty folk have done it for Tiny, as they don't like taking their kids there, and so upgrade their ticket for one of their pals.

That's the system which is in place so, she's really not doing anything wrong is she?

Showing loyalty? Give her the points(or not I've forgotten which).

Not seen one, but plenty of others for matches which do Hibs out of cash. Plenty folk have done it for Tiny, as they don't like taking their kids there, and so upgrade their ticket for one of their pals.

That's the system which is in place so, she's really not doing anything wrong is she?
    Hold up. Is it right that she is quoted as doing this with the intention of helping her neighbour, so that said neighbour needn't trouble his / her self with the 'hassle' of trying for a ticket? The same hassle that most on here have thrown themselves into this morning? Uneasy behaviour to my mind for a board member, voluntary member or not. Blasé even that she is happy to reveal this.

@hibs.net private member
    Hold up. Is it right that she is quoted as doing this with the intention of helping her neighbour, so that said neighbour needn't trouble his / her self with the 'hassle' of trying for a ticket? The same hassle that most on here have thrown themselves into this morning? Uneasy behaviour to my mind for a board member, voluntary member or not. Blasé even that she is happy to reveal this.

No, she definitely said she was holding one back for Iggy Pope on .Net...felt he was a fine recipient

Loved the Interview!

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm sure I've seen it on the board somewhere.

Maybe she omitted to say her neighbour was a long standing season ticket holder.

She's stayed within the rules as I can see it. She did us all a favour, by telling the neebs, not to bother going online, and save space for the rest of us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsFife View Post
    Loved the Interview!

you are being way too positive...welcome abroad -

ps must be a jambo!

I'm sure I've seen it on the board somewhere.

Maybe she omitted to say her neighbour was a long standing season ticket holder.

She's stayed within the rules as I can see it. She did us all a favour, by telling the neebs, not to bother going online, and save space for the rest of us.
    OK.