hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: James McFadden

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar

James McFadden

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42597037 - not clear why he has left Queen of the South and the fact he was playing at that level suggests that age may have caught up with him - interesting that he's looking for a move abroad at 34 though! Suspect he'll be MLS bound or somewhere like that but I'd be keen to see if he can still do a job.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42597037 - not clear why he has left Queen of the South and the fact he was playing at that level suggests that age may have caught up with him - interesting that he's looking for a move abroad at 34 though! Suspect he'll be MLS bound or somewhere like that but I'd be keen to see if he can still do a job.
    I loved McFadden when he was younger. He's probably my favourite ever Scotland player. Having seen him play for QOS a couple of times I was surprised just how bad he is now and I'd be shocked if he managed to get any serious offers from abroad. He's finished, unfortunately.

McFadden was finished about 3 seasons ago. I'm confident we have our sights set far higher than the 2017 vintage James McFadden.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's a shame we never saw that 2007 Scotland team at an international competition when Mcfadden and co where at the height of their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    McFadden was finished about 3 seasons ago. I'm confident we have our sights set far higher than the 2017 vintage James McFadden.
    I agree. His form seemed to drop out the sky when he turned 30.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Loved him for Scotland. That goal against France will probably stay with me forever.

Many injuries over the years have finished him, was a terrific player on his day 10 years back!

Be severely disappointed if he ended up at us!

@hibs.net private member
    Faddy is forever a legend for THAT goal against France. However - from the interview it's obvious he needs and wants regular games to prolong his career for another season or two. He didn't exactly set the heather on fire at Motherwell and I very much doubt he would get a regular game at Hibs at the moment so it's a case of no thanks Faddy and good luck from me

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Completely forgot he was still playing.

Lenny has a bit of a thing for veteran players but let's hope he takes a pass here.

That said, I do love players who just do not know when to stop, especially those who have enjoyed the riches at elite level yet will happily get changed in a porto cabin if it means getting a game.

Remember McFadden getting a standing ovation from Hibs fans in the season we got relegated. Loved him for Scotland and hoped that we would see him in a Hibs jersey around that time. I think his legs have completely gone now though.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Completely forgot he was still playing.

Lenny has a bit of a thing for veteran players but let's hope he takes a pass here.

That said, I do love players who just do not know when to stop, especially those who have enjoyed the riches at elite level yet will happily get changed in a porto cabin if it means getting a game.
    “Anyone think Deeks can still do a job for us?” ...

Quote Originally Posted by KSA Hibee View Post
    “Anyone think Deeks can still do a job for us?” ...
    Yes

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    If he's been binned by QOTS then he'll be nowhere near good enough for the MLS I'd say. He could maybe get himself a USL (the level below MLS) team though.

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    Could do a job?

Quote Originally Posted by IlDiavola View Post
    Could do a job?
    Get him on the Happy Hibee tickets. Can never find someone to buy one off!

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Get him on the Happy Hibee tickets. Can never find someone to buy one off!