hibs.net Messageboard

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Steven Gerrard

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately we’re heading back to the bad old days of Celtic/ Rangers reverse forecast for the next 100 years.. exciting times eh..
    Yip and only the other clubs to blame. Should have been totally held to account for their cheating and when clubs voted not to scrap the voting system that favours the OF they shot themselves in the foot. There will never be a league winner from outside of OF again sadly

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hearts and Rangers have both improved this year.

Part of me thinks that as long as we improve as well then I’d argue it’s good for the game up here to have a strong Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Aberdeen and Hearts. We are by any measure the 5 biggest clubs so having us all competing is a positive.

On the other hand I don’t really care about anyone other than Hibs so I hope it all goes tits up for the rest of them.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    We'll beat them. Mark my words.
    I hope we do but doubt we will tbh

Now that Rangers are through I wouldn't be surprised if there's another bid for Lafferty in the next day or two.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Rangers are a lot stronger defensively and in midfield and in McGregor have a better keeper than Fotheringham. Morelos is hit or miss though and that could hold them back. Unfortunately I expect them to finish second providing they don't go into financial meltdown again We need a strong watercarrier type in midfield to compete with them and Hertz.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Rangers are a lot stronger defensively and in midfield and in McGregor have a better keeper than Fotheringham. Morelos is hit or miss though and that could hold them back. Unfortunately I expect them to finish second providing they don't go into financial meltdown again We need a strong watercarrier type in midfield to compete with them and Hertz.

Agree with all of this. Rangers have certainly improved, particularly in defence. Hearts look stronger; time will tell with Aberdeen. We need reinforcements, midfield the priority.

Oh, and **** Gerrard.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Yip and only the other clubs to blame. Should have been totally held to account for their cheating and when clubs voted not to scrap the voting system that favours the OF they shot themselves in the foot. There will never be a league winner from outside of OF again sadly

For clubs read "Aberdeen"

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Those predicting him to be sacked by Christmas were being incredibly presumptuous about his ability, though I'm not sure what that was based on.

I liked him before he went to Rangers but he immediately went down in my estimation after his comments following the Aberdeen game. However, he has done and impressive job so far - if they ally the attacking prowess they showed last year with the clean sheets that they are keeping, they'll be hard to keep up with this season.

Need to keep taking points off them like we have done in recent seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Those predicting him to be sacked by Christmas were being incredibly presumptuous about his ability, though I'm not sure what that was based on.

I liked him before he went to Rangers but he immediately went down in my estimation after his comments following the Aberdeen game. However, he has done and impressive job so far - if they ally the attacking prowess they showed last year with the clean sheets that they are keeping, they'll be hard to keep up with this season.

It wasn't so much a reflection of his ability but of the nuthouse of a club he has joined.

His comments were unacceptable but necessary, because if you're not a dick when you join Sevco, you quickly have to become one to get anywhere with "ra peepul".

It's a shame as I used to like Gerrard and think he could be a very good manager. I just can't want him to succeed there.

I see he is complaining about the low offer for Morelos and how disrespectful it is.Lafferty/Hearts Gerrard?

Coaching Staff
    Sad to say but he seems to be putting a strong team together even though I'm told their skint. 😣

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    Was it ever properly explained why they did that?

So, Gerrard's comments that the £3.75M offer for Morelos is embarrassing yet they offer £200k for Lafferty PLUS Celtic receive £7M for Armstrong yet cannot pull the £4M for McGinn.

I hate the Old Firm more than ever. Praying anybody outside the old firm win the league, they need starved of the money that allows them to bully everybody else.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Obviously always been a fan of Stevie G and admired how his spirit, passion and undoubted ability could make it seem that he could almost single handedly take a game by the scruff of the neck when the chips were down.

I was extremely disappointed when he took The Rangers job as there was no way I could ever hold him in the same high esteem while he managed that manky mob. What has disappointed me even more since he took over is that rather than be his own man he seems to have read the script (the one that the knuckle draggers aspire too) and is coming across as an utter knob in my opinion.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    He's definitely been backed, with three money The Rangers have spent this summer, on top of what was spent last summer, if he's not challenging Celtc then he's failed.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Obviously always been a fan of Stevie G and admired how his spirit, passion and undoubted ability could make it seem that he could almost single handedly take a game by the scruff of the neck when the chips were down.

I was extremely disappointed when he took The Rangers job as there was no way I could ever hold him in the same high esteem while he managed that manky mob. What has disappointed me even more since he took over is that rather than be his own man he seems to have read the script (the one that the knuckle draggers aspire too) and is coming across as an utter knob in my opinion.
    Totally agree, in the same boat as you being a big Liverpool fan. Heartbreaking watching someone I admired become what he has

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

Spat the dummy out in the draw with Aberdeen (when Morelos got sent off ) saying 'It's been like this for years at Rangers '...Really Stevie ? Considering you have been in the door 5 minutes you are talking utter dug shight

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    He's definitely been backed, with three money The Rangers have spent this summer, on top of what was spent last summer, if he's not challenging Celtc then he's failed.
    Probably laundering his uncles money

Left by mutual consent!
    He has same points as us in league and as we speak has gone one round further in Europe than us with IMO an easier draw so I am not seeing what there is to be impressed about. I'm more impressed Hearts have won twice and beat Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Probably laundering his uncles money

Sssssssshhhh no one outside of Liverpool is supposed to know that

Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    I hope we do but doubt we will tbh
    That's quite the statement to make considering we don't play them until October.

If hearts, Aberdeen and us can beat the old firm at home consistently . Anything could happen.

Sssssssshhhh no one outside of Liverpool is supposed to know that
    Do tell?

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Do tell?

Sorry mate you're Not in the Know

@hibs.net private member PeeKay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Do tell?
    SG's uncle has been named among Britain's 'most wanted' and police are hunting him over a £60million international drug plot - although actually he is a cousin rather than an uncle?

Quote Originally Posted by PeeKay View Post
    SG's uncle has been named among Britain's 'most wanted' and police are hunting him over a £60million international drug plot - although actually he is a cousin rather than an uncle?
    Let’s hope he falls on his arse on his getaway

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Let’s hope he falls on his arse on his getaway

Gerrard on going to Norwich , 'This does not slip now '

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post

Tbf it’s mid August. Gerrard has started better than Pedro did but let’s not start handing out the trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    Yep. Can't understand that sell out of the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    Yep. Can't understand that sell out of the rest of us.
    I thought it was all about Stewart Milne being a dick.