hibs.net Messageboard

Page 171 of 430 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,130 of 12885
    Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oi ya cheeky sod, that's how I dress most days
    I thought it was still in. No wonder the boys are laughing at me!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Good to see that they're prioritising what seats are to be installed.
    Bananas ..... even if they remove the police box they will still have restricted view seats behind girders and the supporting pylon. It will only be a few seats out of several thousand, but its a clear sign that they have squeezed in every seat possible in order to try and reach a 20,000 capacity .... even then it looks like they wont

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    They'll need our permission to delay.

Shame as we'll not get to see their new monstrosity until next season with them finishing in the bottom 6.
    Guarantee they will get all the permission they require though whilst other clubs play with 3 stands. Whole thing has been a total set up from the off. Budge is a sly old Hearts chancer dressed up as normal.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Do you mean the Police Control Box that is actually built in to the stand without blocking anybody's view?

That'll never catch on.

Why was there always one in our old east too? I genuinely thought the windows in the south was where the DJ announce guys used to sit for some illogical reason ma heid.
    I don’t remember a box being in the East, other than the commentary/TV camera gantry, certainly not after the FF and South were built. The only other box I can remember was a permanent (ish) structure between the FF and West which was used as a TV studio for televised matches. It was demolished at some point and we now erect a temporary box when Sky visit and an open air platform thing for BT.

To me that looks like it's going to be 33 rows of seats from top to bottom, that's the same as our East Stand. Now our East has 210 seats per row.
    So minus the exits, disabled area and the unused TV gantry up the back, we are left with a stand capacity of just over 6,400.

So with their new stand also containing 33 rows but slightly shorter in width so fewer than 210 seats per row... Just how on earth will their stand have a capacity of over 7,000?
    Methinks they are at it and the under reported final capacity of 19,600 is closer to the mark.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    To me that looks like it's going to be 33 rows of seats from top to bottom, that's the same as our East Stand. Now our East has 210 seats per row.
    So minus the exits, disabled area and the unused TV gantry up the back, we are left with a stand capacity of just over 6,400.

So with their new stand also containing 33 rows but slightly shorter in width so fewer than 210 seats per row... Just how on earth will their stand have a capacity of over 7,000?
    Methinks they are at it and the under reported final capacity of 19,600 is closer to the mark.
    Are you not assuming there that their seats will be the same width/spaced the same as ours?

I just can't believe they are building a stand in 2017 based on a design from around 25 years ago. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of spending.
    The office block bolted on to the back must account for 75% of the cost and the actual stand will be comparable to our East.
    Last edited by Renfrew_Hibby; 11-10-2017 at 08:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post

In their big giant world, small things are extremely big, that's what successive owners of the club have to tell them to keep the believers paying. You are confusing matters with your application of basic arithmetic to what you see before you.

It'll be big, bigger than anything we have seen before, just don't get to hung up on actual numbers and where they are shoehorning seats in then counting them. When they are all in place Scott Wilson will be doing the official seat count then Mrs Budge will do a big reveal by way of one of her sermons from the mount, spelling and grammar check free. If they come up short she will just lob 6.5% on top, its a number she knows she can get away with.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I don’t remember a box being in the East, other than the commentary/TV camera gantry, certainly not after the FF and South were built. The only other box I can remember was a permanent (ish) structure between the FF and West which was used as a TV studio for televised matches. It was demolished at some point and we now erect a temporary box when Sky visit and an open air platform thing for BT.
    Sure there used to be a police box in the corner of the south/east where you could see police video all the known bams, it was green right at the. side

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    In their big giant world, small things are extremely big, that's what successive owners of the club have to tell them to keep the believers paying. You are confusing matters with your application of basic arithmetic to what you see before you.

It'll be big, bigger than anything we have seen before, just don't get to hung up on actual numbers and where they are shoehorning seats in then counting them. When they are all in place Scott Wilson will be doing the official seat count then Mrs Budge will do a big reveal by way of one of her sermons from the mount, spelling and grammar check free. If they come up short she will just lob 6.5% on top, its a number she knows she can get away with.

They will probably count all the seats in the 70s office block too.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    They will probably count all the seats in the 70s office block too.
    That's a given.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

Some chat on jumbostandputback.co.uk that one dugout looks bigger than the other. I wonder which one will be the home team's

Left by mutual consent!
    As well as all the seats stuck behind the police box, there are also a number which are, quite literally, directly behind the girders. Who the hell would buy a seat in a brand new stand that gave next to zero view of the pitch.

Do we have any such 'squeezed in' seats at ER? It looks to me from this pic that there are walkways/steps at the end of the stands, thus ensuring that nobody's view of the pitch is compromised:

Left by mutual consent!
    Perfect for anyone who wants to watch the cops watching the fans and eating pies. Another first for the club that brought the world fried potatoes cut into strips.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Watching the detectives

@hibs.net private member
    I wonder what old budgey will say in her statement when she announces the mega stand is delayed again...

Despite everyone working to the best of their abilities and everything going to plan, I have to admit it is all my fault. I forgot to order the potatoes for the chips. If we had ordered the potatoes on time then the stand would have been fully finished with all food outlets ready to serve the most gullible fans in the world.

Due to my oversight we have now adjusted the timetable on our new UEFA compliant stand and if it wasn't for the potatoes we would be cracking on at full speed. Due to the new timetable we have been able to slow progress down to a more relaxed pace in order to now tie in with our revised date.

Feel free to guess any more of her statement!

@hibs.net private member
    I wonder what old budgey will say in her statement when she announces the mega stand is delayed again...

Despite everyone working to the best of their abilities and everything going to plan, I have to admit it is all my fault. I forgot to order the potatoes for the chips. If we had ordered the potatoes on time then the stand would have been fully finished with all food outlets ready to serve the most gullible fans in the world.

Due to my oversight we have now adjusted the timetable on our new UEFA compliant stand and if it wasn't for the potatoes we would be cracking on at full speed. Due to the new timetable we have been able to slow progress down to a more relaxed pace in order to now tie in with our revised date.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post

Is there a genuine likelihood that another delay will soon be announced? I really thought that the two month extension from September would be more than adequate for them to complete things but looking at the latest pics it does look as though there's a lot still to do in a couple of weeks.

They're going to be a in a real hole if they have to find somewhere else to play in November with Murrayfield unavailable due to Scotland rugby internationals.

Things will progress further once the Newco money is in the bank.

It all reeks of amateurism. They are putting the seats in to up the capacity when really it looks like at least a couple of hundred with no or restricted view.

It’s what big famous teams do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Guarantee they will get all the permission they require though whilst other clubs play with 3 stands. Whole thing has been a total set up from the off. Budge is a sly old Hearts chancer dressed up as normal.
    They may need permission but first and foremost, they need permission from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    They may need permission but first and foremost, they need permission from us.
    We'll help as we're generally happy to assist clubs looking to move on from the fall out from their cheating years.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 11-10-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC_NYC View Post
    Just noticed that the player's tunnel is not centered with the halfway line. It looks to be off by five or six feet. Is this another first for Scottish football?
    Tannadice tunnel is off the half way line by about 50 meters as it's in the corner, Kilmarnock is the skinniest and most skew wiff though

@hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    The jeans have to be stonebleach, worn with slip ons and suit jacket. Mullet freshly hairsprayed.

Black slip-ons with white socks, mind.
    At Easter Road They Play.....

Lifted from Kickback:

"Its still a dump to me - I rarely go but took my daughter to the ICT semi final there and it was a soulless wasteland. The spaces between the stands kill any atmosphere".

I recall watching that game on telly and the guy is right, it did seem soulless with no atmosphere. Mind, when you cant sell all your tickets and you are part of a group of fans who cant generate an atmosphere inside their own ground, never mind anybody elses, I'm not sure why he was surprised.
    Still, its easier to blame the gaps between the stands eh

This is exactly why even though their ground is quoted as the most atmospheric in Scotland the actual Hearts fans never get mentioned in the same breath ...... they are so absorbed in how 'atmospheric' their stadium is they forget that its not because of them, as proved by the fact that nobody ever mentions them as a great home or away support.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 11-10-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Lifted from Kickback:

"Its still a dump to me - I rarely go but took my daughter to the ICT semi final there and it was a soulless wasteland. The spaces between the stands kill any atmosphere".

I recall watching that game on telly and the guy is right, it did seem soulless with no atmosphere. Mind, when you cant sell all your tickets and you are part of a group of fans who cant generate an atmosphere inside their own ground, never mind anybody elses, I'm not sure why he was surprised.

This is exactly why even though their ground is quoted as the most atmospheric in Scotland the actual Hearts fans never get mentioned in the same breath ...... they are so absorbed in how 'atmospheric' their stadium is they forget that its not because of them, as proved by the fact that nobody ever mentions them as a great home or away support.
    Show a neutral the video(s) of us singing SOL after the last two cup derby wins at Easter Road. Then show them a video of Hearts fans at their most “atmospheric” at Tynecastle. There’s only going to be one winner.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Listen pal, they sold a £7.43 Poundstretcher plastic Owl for £4000. They can sell anything they want to those mugs so don't be surprised if those seats are advertised as having a unique view and sold for more than a "normal" seat. shove a poppy on the back of the polis boax and they'll be queueing up overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Show a neutral the video(s) of us singing SOL after the last two cup derby wins at Easter Road. Then show them a video of Hearts fans at their most “atmospheric” at Tynecastle. There’s only going to be one winner.
    Exactly ..... At the last derby they stuck with their team for all of 5 minutes at the start and after that nothing, even before Hibs scored. The TV commentators stop talking when SOL is about to start, it happened after the league cup final in 2007 and SKY stayed at Hampden after the cup was presented in 2016 just to show it, even though it ran into their coverage of the FA cup final. Nae chance the Yams can compete with that, they have nothing to teach us about generating an atmosphere, or anybody else for that matter.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 11-10-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post

I'm really looking forward to when she announces - "I know you all laughed with me when it came out I'd forgotten to order the seats so I trust you'll be laughing with me again when I tell you - I COMPLETELY FORGOT TO ORDER A STAND WHICH WOULD MAKE TYNECASTLE BIGGER THAN EASTER ROAD - honestly, when I first realised this I was distraught but quickly remembered the fantastic spirit and camaraderie shown by each and every one of you 400,000 fans and once the shock is over, will join with me in having a good, old 'Hearty' laugh" ..........................

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Lifted from Kickback:

Is that the one where they got pumped and never turned up for?

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Sounds like most of the games they've played at Easter Road recently...

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Loads of atmosphere that game when the tattooed freak was high fiveing fans at corners with minutes to go.