hibs.net Messageboard

Page 170 of 430 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,100 of 12885
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No wonder they're not bothered by a completion date, the Huns have seemingly sold out their 14000 tickets? That and switching games i.e. Partick totally reeks!!
    Greedy barstewards

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Those few seats immediately behind the police box will have no view at all. They can't sell those.
    Perfect for anyone who wants to watch the cops watching the fans and eating pies. Another first for the club that brought the world fried potatoes cut into strips.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

A semi serious question because I'm sure they've thought of it, but if the stand is hit by lightning what happens? In a stand like we have the electricity would be conducted through the metal structure into the ground with little effect to the decks because they are made of concrete .. that stand is made of metal throughout .... much as I dislike the Yams I have a few mates who support them and I wouldn't like to think of them all being turned into characters from the Green Mile
    Lightning chooses the fasted route to Earth, presumaby they have had the steelwork bonded to Earth Rods at ground level. This would conduct any strike directly to earth.

The East at Easter Rd. had copper conductor tape buried around the entire perimeter of the structure with connections to the external steel uprights
    The West has individual Earth rods connected to the steel uprights and the FF and South were built before lightning protection became a requirement of football stadiums.

I'm sure the yams have done everything by the book and the cardigans are all safe

Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    Lightning chooses the fasted route to Earth, presumaby they have had the steelwork bonded to Earth Rods at ground level. This would conduct any strike directly to earth.

The East at Easter Rd. had copper conductor tape buried around the entire perimeter of the structure with connections to the external steel uprights
    The West has individual Earth rods connected to the steel uprights and the FF and South were built before lightning protection became a requirement of football stadiums.

I'm sure the yams have done everything by the book and the cardigans are all safe
    Hope so, all that knitted polyester, plastic buttons and string backed faux leather driving gloves. Recipe for disaster.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Good to see that they're prioritising what seats are to be installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Hope so, all that knitted polyester, plastic buttons and string backed faux leather driving gloves. Recipe for disaster.

Dont forget the leather jackets with elasticated waistband, wrangler jeans and adidas sambas trainers.

Dont forget the leather jackets with elasticated waistband, wrangler jeans and adidas sambas trainers.
    All very 1986.

Sir Matt Busby

It's not just lightening they have to worry about.

The static from their cardies, all up close and personal with each other, will create some charge!
    Space to let

Surprised no one has mentioned the pink pylon yet.

Tick tock wonder when the rest of the seats will be arriving..

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

The jeans have to be stonebleach, worn with slip ons and suit jacket. Mullet freshly hairsprayed.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    I was under the impression that it was important, for H&S, that the occupants of the Police Control Room had a view of all parts of the ground. There are no windows facing a substantial part of that new stand. Not wishing any catastrophe upon anyone attending a football match but what happens if there is an emergency in that hidden section?

Those few seats immediately behind the police box will have no view at all. They can't sell those.
    Listen pal, they sold a £7.43 Poundstretcher plastic Owl for £4000. They can sell anything they want to those mugs so don't be surprised if those seats are advertised as having a unique view and sold for more than a "normal" seat. shove a poppy on the back of the polis boax and they'll be queueing up overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    I was under the impression that it was important, for H&S, that the occupants of the Police Control Room had a view of all parts of the ground. There are no windows facing a substantial part of that new stand. Not wishing any catastrophe upon anyone attending a football match but what happens if there is an emergency in that hidden section?
    Hearts are going to cut a hole in the back of the police box. Problem solved.

@hibs.net private member
    Hearts are going to cut a hole in the back of the police box. Problem solved.
    Hope they don't do it on match day. That would be dangerous

Oh! And there is a whole lot of kit on that back wall that they would have to find a new home for.

Hope they don't do it on match day. That would be dangerous

Oh! And there is a whole lot of kit on that back wall that they would have to find a new home for.
    That's very pedantic, mate. Hearts have come up with an innovative and cost-effective solution: take a sledgehammer tae it, and all you can dae is find fault.

@hibs.net private member
    That's very pedantic, mate. Hearts have come up with an innovative and cost-effective solution: take a sledgehammer tae it, and all you can dae is find fault.
    Yes you’re quite right. I’ve allowed my hobo jealousy to taint my judgement. I must do bitter.......I mean better 😒

Yes you’re quite right. I’ve allowed my hobo jealousy to taint my judgement. I must do bitter.......I mean better 😒
    It's understandable; we're all seething about the new megastructure in Gorgie. I'm hurting I'll probably never get the chance to experience it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Budge reveals free gift with every end of row season ticket sold:

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    No - you can cover some parts with CCTV. At ER, the police control room (if it's still in the South stand) doesn't have a view of the upper tier.

@hibs.net private member
    No - you can cover some parts with CCTV. At ER, the police control room (if it's still in the South stand) doesn't have a view of the upper tier.
    Stop that. I am already feeling bad about allowing my hobo jealousy to run away with me. No need to rub it in with sensible and practical comments like that. 😔

From Keeckback

10 hours ago, obua said:
    Your quite the expert what field of building are you in,you forgot to mention hundreds of sheets of fire board on 3 levels(re this pic)not to mention toilets,kiosks,all signage just for starters.

So reading between the lines of Obua’s reply here, I take it those actually working on the project don’t believe it will be ready on time. If those on site aren’t confident, I will put myself firmly in the ‘pessimist’ category unfortunately

And they think it will be finished in time ?

Do you mean the Police Control Box that is actually built in to the stand without blocking anybody's view?

That'll never catch on.

South.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Budge reveals free gift with every end of row season ticket sold:

She'd probably charge £100 for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    She'd probably charge £100 for that too.
    This is not any old shaving mirror stuck on the end of a pole this is a hearts one and as such you'd never be able to get your hands on such a famous, atmospheric, historical one for much less than £10,000.

Remember plastic owls cost £4000!

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=Keekaboo;5189523]Do you mean the Police Control Box that is actually built in to the stand without blocking anybody's view?

That'll never catch on.

Why was there always one in our old east too? I genuinely thought the windows in the south was where the DJ announce guys used to sit for some illogical reason ma heid.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    From Keeckback

10 hours ago, obua said:
    Your quite the expert what field of building are you in,you forgot to mention hundreds of sheets of fire board on 3 levels(re this pic)not to mention toilets,kiosks,all signage just for starters.

So reading between the lines of Obua’s reply here, I take it those actually working on the project don’t believe it will be ready on time. If those on site aren’t confident, I will put myself firmly in the ‘pessimist’ category unfortunately

And they think it will be finished in time ?
    24 days!

Left by mutual consent!
    They will delay the opening and cancel the fixture, get the leagues backing and get away with **** as per usual in their favour it always happens.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    They will delay the opening and cancel the fixture, get the leagues backing and get away with **** as per usual in their favour it always happens.
    They'll need our permission to delay.

Shame as we'll not get to see their new monstrosity until next season with them finishing in the bottom 6.

Testimonial Due
    I believe the back of the Police Box is being fitted with a 65" Ultra HD TV, so if the fans are fed up of the game they can change over and watch Cartoons!!!

Oi ya cheeky sod, that's how I dress most days