hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by St Pauli Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was recently a list of the top 10 Most Delayed Airlines from UK Airports

1. Wizz Air
    2. Norwegian
    3. Vueling Airlines
    4. Thomas Cook
    5. BMI Regional
    6. Aurigny Air Services (Whatever that is ??)
    7. Norwegian International
    8. Eurowings
    9. Turkish Airlines
    10. Air Portugal

I personally have flown with No's 1,2 & 8 and they have all been pretty decent only delay was in Warsaw flying back with Wizz Air in 2015
    Aurigny are based in Guernsey, so technically not UK. I used to use their flying bananas between Jersey and Guernsey.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 13-09-2018 at 11:06 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by St Pauli Hibee View Post
    There was recently a list of the top 10 Most Delayed Airlines from UK Airports

1. Wizz Air
    2. Norwegian
    3. Vueling Airlines
    4. Thomas Cook
    5. BMI Regional
    6. Aurigny Air Services (Whatever that is ??)
    7. Norwegian International
    8. Eurowings
    9. Turkish Airlines
    10. Air Portugal

I personally have flown with No's 1,2 & 8 and they have all been pretty decent only delay was in Warsaw flying back with Wizz Air in 2015
    Liked Norwegian Airlines cause they had free WiFi.

The best company but scariest flight came hand in hand. We got a very small (50 odd person) flight from Kefalonia to Athens for the Europa game. Free drinks and biscuits etc throughout the flight but the windy landing on that tiny plane was terrifying. Could tell everyone was trying their best not to look scared but it was pretty damn terrifying!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    The reason easyjet and Ryanair are not on this list...They over estimate flight time.

Amsterdam to Edinburgh they state 1h 30m
    Actual time is 45 mins to 1 hour. Depending on wind speed.

They do this with all routes.

Then claim tobe an ontime airline. Lol
    If the stat is being delayed from UK airlines, does this not mean at the point of departure? So getting their quicker than stated wouldn't matter, it's all about if they were meant to depart at 9:00 then making sure they actually departed at 9:00.
    Mon the Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    If the stat is being delayed from UK airlines, does this not mean at the point of departure? So getting their quicker than stated wouldn't matter, it's all about if they were meant to depart at 9:00 then making sure they actually departed at 9:00.
    Its a good point but is it not based on their scheduled arrival? As in arrival was delayed.
    Im pretty sure over 50% of easy jet/Ryanair flights ive been on have taken off late.

Usually herded into an area after running around due to final call....to find planes not even there.
    Generally board at departure time...and leave about 30 mins late

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I don't have an issue with the budget airlines. As Pretty Boy said earlier, you know exactly what you're going to get and you pay for it accordingly.

Yet in many ways, American Airlines (the world's largest airline operater supposedly) behave like a budget airline. A transatlantic flight with no entertainment other than a dated "overhead" system. You pay, not only for upgraded seats, but also for the geography of some seats (e.g., closer to the front, nearer the toilets, certain "combinations" where there's a 2 rather than a 3. And the seats? Jet2, EasyJet and Ryanair probably all have less rigid, more comfortable seating.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I don't have an issue with the budget airlines. As Pretty Boy said earlier, you know exactly what you're going to get and you pay for it accordingly.

Yet in many ways, American Airlines (the world's largest airline operater supposedly) behave like a budget airline. A transatlantic flight with no entertainment other than a dated "overhead" system. You pay, not only for upgraded seats, but also for the geography of some seats (e.g., closer to the front, nearer the toilets, certain "combinations" where there's a 2 rather than a 3. And the seats? Jet2, EasyJet and Ryanair probably all have less rigid, more comfortable seating.
    I flew American Airlines 3 year ago to Chile.

Was £500 cheaper flying via US with them than direct with LAN.

Very basic airline...and i suppose you pay for what you get with them also really.

Was the cheapest of all the transatlatic.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Re American Airlines and for a little balance, we flew with them from Heathrow to Miami this July and they have been the best transatlantic carrier we have flown with out of them, BA, Virgin & United. The crew were very friendly (I've found BA to be a little impersonal recently), the IFE was top notch (seat back/wifi) and service was very good.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Liked Norwegian Airlines cause they had free WiFi.

The best company but scariest flight came hand in hand. We got a very small (50 odd person) flight from Kefalonia to Athens for the Europa game. Free drinks and biscuits etc throughout the flight but the windy landing on that tiny plane was terrifying. Could tell everyone was trying their best not to look scared but it was pretty damn terrifying!

Were you you on my flight? 23:00ish from KEF on the Wednesday? I was steaming sitting in the front row! It was a little twin prop plane. Interesting to say the least.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Once gave people a bad experience on a Dublin to Edinburgh Ryanair flight, this was when Hibs played shamrock rovers in a friendly and I had been out drinking all day and night and went straight from the bar to the airport still pished, there was 3 of us on the flight and just as we landed into Edinburgh I farted a beauty, definitely putting that down to the bevy. Loud and absolutely stinking so it was. The 3 of us were in stitches but the fellow travellers sitting around me were not impressed one bit. We were still howling with laughter as we disembarked the aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Were you you on my flight? 23:00ish from KEF on the Wednesday? I was steaming sitting in the front row! It was a little twin prop plane. Interesting to say the least.
    Nope our one was around 11am the Thursday morning. It was delayed by over 90 minutes which was a nightmare as I ended up arriving half an hour late for the bus I was running

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Re American Airlines and for a little balance, we flew with them from Heathrow to Miami this July and they have been the best transatlantic carrier we have flown with out of them, BA, Virgin & United. The crew were very friendly (I've found BA to be a little impersonal recently), the IFE was top notch (seat back/wifi) and service was very good.

Airlines use their newer aircraft on premier routes like this and their older ones on less major links.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    My American Airlines flight back to Edinburgh from JFK in July was cancelled, after we'd sat on the plane for 6 hours.
    During that time we'd been given one glass of water and two biscuits.
    Disembarked into the terminal at 1:30am, we had to queue to be rebooked.
    There were families with children, and many older people on that flight.
    At 4am, and still not booked onto a replacement flight, the ticket agent walked off in a huff because one of the passnegers - a guy with a young kid - raised his voice. I don't agree with him raising his voice, but she just walked off and left us.
    Eventually at 5:30am, we got rebooked onto the following night's flight. Which was already busy so families were split up and couldn't sit together. We were given vouchers for a hotel and put on a bus, which then took us almost 50 miles, nearly into the next state.

No compensation, as American Airlines aren't signed up to the EU compensation scheme. No compensation from BA, who I'd booked with, as they weren't the carrier.

Received $200 voucher for money off an American Airlines flight. Which I will never use because i will never fly with them ever again.
    I don't know if you were just unlucky, but I decided to put a claim in against American Airlines after my experience.

I received an email yesterday informing me they were giving me an option of either $800 in vouchers to use with them, or £600 in cash into my bank account.

They definitely are signed up to this scheme, and acknowledged that in the email they sent back to me.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Using hainan airline Chinese company when going to Dublin from Edinburgh in December.For two of us it cost £147 return on the dreamliner.Luggage allowance of 23kg each included in the price and also selected our seats.Would have cost £274 with Ryanair including luggage.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Using hainan airline Chinese company when going to Dublin from Edinburgh in December.For two of us it cost £147 return on the dreamliner.Luggage allowance of 23kg each included in the price and also selected our seats.Would have cost £274 with Ryanair including luggage.
    you got bumped, im going to dublin in december and it cost me less than £100 with ryanair

@hibs.net private member

Well I never... It didn't occur to me that they have local rights to fly only Edi to Dublin and back

on a brand new inter continental aircraft. Ryanair will not like that.

It comes in from Bejing and goes on to Dublin.

Not been bumped checked prices again.We are going for 18 days.Check price for return flights on 30th December and no cheap fare on that date.

Not been bumped checked prices again.We are going for 18 days.Check price for return flights on 30th December and no cheap fare on that date.
    even booking those flights as of 2 minutes ago, plus picking seats and 2 cases each is only coming in at £180 so would have been a fair bit cheaper weeks/months ago

Fare at moment is £163.still to add luggage on.Still works out cheaper with hainan

Flyglobespan used to be pretty bad.
    We flew to Cyprus with them about ten years ago and their communication with customers was appalling. No information despite a long delay to flight. Aircraft was filthy inside too.
    Not surprisingly they're out of business now.

Fare at moment is £163.still to add luggage on.Still works out cheaper with hainan
    at the moment yes as its not long until those dates, still no where near the 270 odds you quoted

With luggage its £230.Not selected seats.

With luggage its £230.Not selected seats.
    going round in circles here, i literally checked it as i was typing and that was the price with 2 cases, and picking seats on both flights for 2 people, if that same flight was booked a few months ago it would have been much cheaper, you are happy with the price you got, as i mentioned, the wife and i are going with ryan air to dublin for some shopping in december, paid less than £100 for the flights and a case and picking our seats, it also doesnt really matter how many days you are going, you pay a price for the flight out and for the flight back

Enjoy żour timoe in Dublin.

@hibs.net private member
    They definitely are signed up to this scheme, and acknowledged that in the email they sent back to me.
    Can you let me have the name and email of the person at AA who dealt with your complaint please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Can you let me have the name and email of the person at AA who dealt with your complaint please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I've sent you a PM

@hibs.net private member
    I've sent you a PM
    Thanks.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    going round in circles here, i literally checked it as i was typing and that was the price with 2 cases, and picking seats on both flights for 2 people, if that same flight was booked a few months ago it would have been much cheaper, you are happy with the price you got, as i mentioned, the wife and i are going with ryan air to dublin for some shopping in december, paid less than £100 for the flights and a case and picking our seats, it also doesnt really matter how many days you are going, you pay a price for the flight out and for the flight back
    I'd rather pay a bit more than book with Ryanair at the moment. The risk of cancellation is just too high with all the pilot and cabin crew strikes going on and there looks like no end in sight. Their crew are also leaving in droves to join other airlines.

My brother and his mates had a bad experience with Easyjet a couple of months ago on a flight back to Gatwick from Croatia.

The flight was almost 3 hours late in taking off due to a fault with the aircraft, the passengers were sitting in the plane on the tarmac for all that time, with hardly any access to water in temperatures in excess of 30 degrees.

Due to the delay, they were then too late to board their flight from Gatwick to Edinburgh, which was also with Easyjet, even although that flight was also late in taking off and they were at the departure gate in time for the delayed take off time but were still prevented from boarding.

They were told that the next flight to Edinburgh was the following afternoon and that they would need to pay £100 each to board that flight. Meanwhile, another member of their party who was originally meant to be getting a flight to Aberdeen was given a complimentary flight to Inverness (I know it's hardly next door to Aberdeen but they still paid for the flight). Meanwhile the Edinburgh crowd were told they had to pay. In the end, they all chipped in for a hire car at Gatwick airport and shared the driving back home.

I'll personally never fly with Easyjet after that again, if I can help it.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Flew to Stansted and back from Edinburgh with Easy Jet two weeks ago and there was close to fisticuffs as passengers were offered free speedy boarding in return for placing their hand luggage in the hold. The folk who had already paid for both were complaining. By the time that the speedy borders had got on there was maybe a dozen of us who hadn't taken up the offer and even though we got on last there was plenty space for hand luggage. I can see this going to stuff free in the hold and paying for hand luggage.