hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    On a side note from all the doom and gloom, I have to say that I was absolutely amazed to find only three areas in the whole stadium that could accommodate 7 folk together when looking this morning... we're season ticket holders who always invite family to a game once a year and it's never been an issue before now. Changed days!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On a side note from all the doom and gloom, I have to say that I was absolutely amazed to find only three areas in the whole stadium that could accommodate 7 folk together when looking this morning... we're season ticket holders who always invite family to a game once a year and it's never been an issue before now. Changed days!!
    Careful mate, you don't want to become a "happy clapper"

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post

There's usually loads of room in the new Singing Section

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I will certainly be there, but do think that we as a support need to do something which clearly indicates that many of us do not support the stance the club is taking on this issue. I won't condemn those who say they will no longer attend (though I think they are very few in number) because everyone has a right to respond as they see fit. I sympathise with their sentiments, if not their methods. Personally, however, I think it's the wrong tactic and would prefer we find some way of expressing our displeasure with the decision which doesn't harm our own team.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by CathroMustStay View Post
    Sadly too many happy clappers, not just in our support but across Scottish football, have absolutely no guts when it comes to dealing with the Deadco's corruption.

A near empty Easter Road on Saturday would send a message, but sadly it will never happen.
    You want everyone to boycott the game and financially hurt the club and impact the team because you don't agree with the statement? Get a grip. Time to stay off .net for a while until this calms down i think.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Pathetic fan (dans)

Oh Rangers are cheating and we're no prepared to bankrupt ourselves fighting that with little chance of winning.

News flash, not only is football not fair, but neither is life. Call in sick everyday from now on. It's the only protest capitalism will understand.
    Bankrupt ourselves?

Tell me, how difficult would it be to get a fan fund raiser going from every club to raise the money for an independent enquiry?

To say it would lead to bankruptcy is the most pathetic cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by CathroMustStay View Post
    Sadly too many happy clappers, not just in our support but across Scottish football, have absolutely no guts when it comes to dealing with the Deadco's corruption.

A near empty Easter Road on Saturday would send a message, but sadly it will never happen.

Wow

You actually want to see a near empty ER because you don't agree with a board statement.

It's been many a year since Hibs were on the up like this and you want a boycott because you have a strop about the Huns

That's going to help Hibs on the field then eh 🙄

Grow up

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Get a life.Its the team we support.You will all run back ifwe reach a final.Wanting tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    There's usually loads of room in the new Singing Section

Leeann has done a great job tucking them well out the way. Can't have all that noise at Easter road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    Bankrupt ourselves?

Tell me, how difficult would it be to get a fan fund raiser going from every club to raise the money for an independent enquiry?

So, have you started the Hibs fan fund raiser? If it is as easy as you think.....do it!

I know where you might be able to borrow a cash cow from!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I will certainly be there, but do think that we as a support need to do something which clearly indicates that many of us do not support the stance the club is taking on this issue. I won't condemn those who say they will no longer attend (though I think they are very few in number) because everyone has a right to respond as they see fit. I sympathise with their sentiments, if not their methods. Personally, however, I think it's the wrong tactic and would prefer we find some way of expressing our displeasure with the decision which doesn't harm our own team.
    Yep, I agree with this post

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    Bankrupt ourselves?

I don't know how difficult it would be. Why don't you do the groundwork and get back to us?

First Team Regular
    I wasn't born yesterday. I know how skewed Scottish football is in favour of two clubs but that hasn't stopped me supporting my club and never will. I'll be there on sat as usual.
    Last edited by Criswell; 12-09-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    I don't believe that every supporter condemns the statement...I do believe the majority do however. Just look at the polls/social media reaction, and you can see that for yourself. Delusional to think otherwise!
    Don't believe everything you read on social media mate...think the majority of fans myself included...are just bored of all this EBT chat...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Don't believe everything you read on social media mate...think the majority of fans myself included...are just bored of all this EBT chat...

So you're in the majority and you think you're right - that's a fresh approach on this thread !

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    So you're in the majority and you think you're right - that's a fresh approach on this thread !
    Nah I don't think I'm right at all mate just bored of it all tbh and I think that's how the majority feel. Hertz won 2 cups thru their financially doped years and that ain't gonna change either. Rather just concentrate my efforts on supporting my team ...

Slightly off topic but I've seen battalions of top players (too many to mention) leave Easter Road over the years and have completely disagreed with many of them being sold but ALL of these sales must have been sanctioned by whatever Board was in place at the time. I maybe knew who the Chairman was but that was about it. My disappointment never stopped me going and applying the same logic I'll be there on Saturday and every SAtturday I can physically manage.

Off topic again but hurt a club that delivered the greatest day for 114 years?

NEVER

Do people seriously think that boycotting a game or two will make any difference at all to Petrie or the Board then not sure what planet your on ... Only way to clearly let them know is a letter to him/them personally .... Non attendance only impacts on the team !!

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Well said east coast

Left by mutual consent!
    Everyone grew up loving football.

Everyone got taken, or went to Hibernian matches, in the support and fell in love with the club.

Everyone knows the football they love is corrupt as **** as you become an adult.

I didn't support Hibs because of who runs the club, I support them because from going up princes st seeing them bring back the cup in the 90s, to attendance late 90s I love our stadium, fans, the ***** times to ultimately the best footballing day of my life and the day after. People who are considering not going and who are actually Hibees have to ask themselves if they are there to support a board that for many years have taken the support for granted regardless or the club, by the club I've always considered it the support and the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I will not be attending on Saturday, as I'm going to watch MK Dons instead

At home to the mighty Rochdale. Great match not to go to

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by headshrinker View Post
    I don't know how difficult it would be. Why don't you do the groundwork and get back to us?
    I highly doubt it's the type of thing that can be started up by one single person. It would require a lot of careful co-ordinated effort involving at least dozens of fans from each club.

What could have helped get this off the ground and motive fans to play a part is a strongly worded statement from each club with the offer to help promote a fan fundraiser should fans wish to take this option forward. But clearly the clubs themselves don't want any action to be taken, even if it doesn't cost them a penny.

I'll be there Saturday. However, I do think the bridges that have been built over the last 3 seasons between the board and the fans have been damaged by this statement. Reeks of RP lookin after his seat. We all know he wants the top job at the GFA.

Testimonial Due
    If it is a question of money to be raised for fans to push for an independent enquiry, I am sure celtic could fun anyone wishing to go on that long road. I for one, will be watching the game beemed live on Hibs TV as always.
    I am a fan.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    Reeks of RP lookin after his seat. We all know he wants the top job at the GFA.
    Maybe that's the plan?

What better way to improve transparancy and sporting integrity within the SFA and scottish football than from the inside.

Even if we supported an indepdendant enquiry there is little chance it will happen if Regan and those with things to hide within the SFA don't allow it.
    We aren't going to be able to punish Rangers any more than we already have and stripping titles from them will result in one long, expensive court case after another while the huns fight it all of which will continue to show scottish football in a poor light.

Hibs statement talks about making things better in the future, what if that involves Petrie taking the reigns at the SFA and enacting the changes that most football fans want to see in that organisation from a position of power?

If Hibs and Petrie stand as dissenting voices against the SFA in a futile challenge it could prevent him from getting there.

As much as people dislike Petrie he certainly isn't a daft individual and given his "sporting integrity" stance when dealing with Rangers re-entry to the leagues in 2012 i think its entirely plausible that he see's himself as the man to sort out the SFA and want to put himself in a position to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    I'll be there Saturday. However, I do think the bridges that have been built over the last 3 seasons between the board and the fans have been damaged by this statement. Reeks of RP lookin after his seat. We all know he wants the top job at the GFA.

So you know do you? Some, maybe most think the board have done very well for our club and this statement won't make any difference. Just an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    At home to the mighty Rochdale. Great match not to go to
    I've been looking forward to not going to this game for ages ..... its good to know other Hibs fans wont be at this one as well, can anybody recommend a pub we wont meet up in before not going to the stadium

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Maybe that's the plan?

What better way to improve transparancy and sporting integrity within the SFA and scottish football than from the inside.

Even if we supported an indepdendant enquiry there is little chance it will happen if Regan and those with things to hide within the SFA don't allow it.
    We aren't going to be able to punish Rangers any more than we already have and stripping titles from them will result in one long, expensive court case after another while the huns fight it all of which will continue to show scottish football in a poor light.

Hibs statement talks about making things better in the future, what if that involves Petrie taking the reigns at the SFA and enacting the changes that most football fans want to see in that organisation from a position of power?

If Hibs and Petrie stand as dissenting voices against the SFA in a futile challenge it could prevent him from getting there.

As much as people dislike Petrie he certainly isn't a daft individual and given his "sporting integrity" stance when dealing with Rangers re-entry to the leagues in 2012 i think its entirely plausible that he see's himself as the man to sort out the SFA and want to put himself in a position to do that.

My take on the Boards statement are similar to yours. Trojan Horse scenario?

First Team Breakthrough
    Who gives a flying **** about rangers,Glasgow rangers,rangers 2012 or Huns United? It's about our club.with this statement our club is moving on from a situation that will never be settled.why waste time greeting about a situation that is nothing to do with us anymore let's back the club and sort out the Huns on the pitch.lets face it when was the last time if ever 'sporting integrity'and football could be mentioned in the same sentence.i hate the Huns but am sick of all this crap bring on Motherwell

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    After watching some of the pish on the pitch we've all had to endure over the years, there's not a hope in hell that I'm missing out watching the exciting, talented squad of players that we have at our disposal now.

If that makes me a happy clapper then my hands are going to be pretty sore.

I'd have preferred the club backed an enquiry, I don't agree at all with the board's decision. But Hibernian should run deeper than that for all of us. There's nothing another club has or can do that will stop me going to watch my team.

See you all on Saturday and again the following Tuesday