hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062

Roberto Neilson the Magician

Head coach Robbie Neilson firmly believes that Hearts can finally erase the pain of 1986, when they lost the Scottish title to Celtic on the final day of the season, by challenging the Glasgow club for the title next season. (The Herald)

Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson has five-year plan to make the Edinburgh club Scottish champions.(The Scotsman)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I think they'd be better off focussing on that champions league win by 2008.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Coaching Staff
    Why not? Vision and mission. Being Scottish champions is within the reach of several clubs, barring a rigged TV contract that ploughs money into one specific fixture or daft voting rights that maintain a duopoly. Every club is beatable on any given match day.

Anyone know where we plan to be in the next 5 years?

Thing is, I believe it is possible for, certainly Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs (once we get promotion) to challenge for the title.

I wouldn't expect us to challenge but I'd be disappointed if the people running our club didn't at least recognise the possibility. Celtic and Rangers aren't competing in the group stages of the Champ league any more and it's been a couple of years since there has been any mega bucks sales to the Premiership.

Their budget is obviously still bigger but the gap has now closed to a point where sound management, player recruitment and financial planning could allow another club to win the title.

Neilson's right I'm afraid. What's also possible is that he won't be at Tynecastle in five or even three years time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why not? Vision and mission. Being Scottish champions is within the reach of several clubs, barring a rigged TV contract that ploughs money into one specific fixture or daft voting rights that maintain a duopoly. Every club is beatable on any given match day.

Anyone know where we plan to be in the next 5 years?
    How would hearts compete with Celtic and rangers? This was the best chance ever this season and they are miles behind.

Neilson talks a load of ***** to pander to the fannies who's seasons been over since that night at Easter Road.

He's only peeved that we've had a better season than them whilst in a league below.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Neilson's right I'm afraid. What's also possible is that he won't be at Tynecastle in five or even three years time.
    How's he right? They pluck foreign boys out and gamble on them and any of their decent young players will be sold by then. They will also need a new goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    How would hearts compete with Celtic and rangers? This was the best chance ever this season and they are miles behind.

Neilson talks a load of ***** to pander to the fannies who's seasons been over since that night at Easter Road.
    Exactly. A fantasist that will get punted by Hearts before the end of next season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Exactly. A fantasist that will get punted by Hearts before the end of next season.
    For that potter would have to ditch him and I can't see that.

When did John Souttar become Maldini also?

The pain is still felt and the suffering will continue to the ends of time for every jambo, especially those who witnessed it and were there that fateful day in 1986. The greatest "jambottle" in football history took place and will never ever be wiped from the record books. No possible future title win will eradicate that memory.
    Anyway, fair play to Neilson for trying to talk up the current jambos, whose own season has been very much played out in the shadows of our club. It's good to dream and have ambition and I like to think that our own club embraces the possibility that we can one day challenge again at the top.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    His team is a player or two from relegation and most clubs in Scotland always will be.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    He's only peeved that we've had a better season than them whilst in a league below.
    It's not going to feel like a better season than them if we have nothing to show for it.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's not going to feel like a better season than them if we have nothing to show for it.

Over the football season we have had a lot more eventful time than a qualifying round trip to Moldova in July.

We will have potentially three finals and 3 trips to hampden guaranteed. And a semi win at their dump. The most important game and biggest game of the season they lost to us convincingly.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    We'd need to get promotion or win the cup for that to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    Over the football season we have had a lot more eventful time than a qualifying round trip to Moldova in July.

We will have potentially three finals and 3 trips to hampden guaranteed. And a semi win at their dump. The most important game and biggest game of the season they lost to us convincingly.
    "Eventful" isn't quite the same as "better" though is it?

Trips to Hampden bring limited bragging rights unless we actually win something.

I'd agree that their seethe and hurt at being pumped out of the SC (what with their special relationship etc ) must still be pretty raw but for me it's all about the league - 3rd in the Championship is not a better season than 3rd in the top flight, I'm sorry to say.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    He's selling season tickets.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

Trips to Hampden bring limited bragging rights unless we actually win something.

I'd agree that their seethe and hurt at being pumped out of the SC (what with their special relationship etc ) must still be pretty raw but for me it's all about the league - 3rd in the Championship is not a better season than 3rd in the top flight, I'm sorry to say.

I totally agree to be fair but there is still extreme jealously from hearts just now and their happiness is based on our results.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7062 View Post
    Head coach Robbie Neilson firmly believes that Hearts can finally erase the pain of 1986, when they lost the Scottish title to Celtic on the final day of the season, by challenging the Glasgow club for the title next season. (The Herald)

Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson has five-year plan to make the Edinburgh club Scottish champions.(The Scotsman)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The spirit of Romanov still stalks the shadows in the toxic dump, what a welt.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

Agreed completely, ludicrous to say we have had a better season. Unless...

I admire his ambition, and you shouldnt knock it. I only eish we had a bit more hunger and drive at times, a win at all costs attitude.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    SCOTSMAN HEADLINE: Robbie has 5 year plan to make Hearts Champions

WHAT HE ACTUALLY SAID:

“That’s the plan for the club - to build in the next four or five years to compete. You have to always believe you can. There’s no point coming into a league at the start and saying you will be happy with this and that.
    You might not have a realistic chance of winning it but every side should be determined to have a right good go."

So his "Plan" is to have a "right good go". Yea sounds like a genius masterplan.

Neilson is a dick but he has done a good job for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    He's selling season tickets.
    He must be doing it on the sly then - they're not on sale yet

Levein hasn't won anything in his life (1st division doesn't count) - player or manager. As DOF and Neilson as lapdog, this won't change for a very long time let alone a Premiership title.

Yes but i've said before i'd take any one out of the cup and promotion and be delighted. Still stands but i hope for both.

Quote Originally Posted by hibhibhurray View Post
    The pain is still felt and the suffering will continue to the ends of time for every jambo, especially those who witnessed it and were there that fateful day in 1986. The greatest "jambottle" in football history took place and will never ever be wiped from the record books. No possible future title win will eradicate that memory.
    Anyway, fair play to Neilson for trying to talk up the current jambos, whose own season has been very much played out in the shadows of our club. It's good to dream and have ambition and I like to think that our own club embraces the possibility that we can one day challenge again at the top.
    Are you sure that's correct? I'm sure I read somewhere that St Mirren lay down to Celtc and it was only because they lost by a huge margin that the famous were denied the league and cup double in 1986. Except they didn't win the cup either if I remember correctly.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Neilson is a dick but he has done a good job for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's a decent coach that has had loads of good young players to select from plus Leveins signings. Still got to see if he has what it takes when the going gets tough as he's hardly won any any important games.

Blog Entries
    He also managed to mention the "new stand", taking capacity to over 20k of course! He's looking forward to the extra revenue from the bigger crowds, presumably Yams will be following historical precedent & are not intending to pay back the costs of building the stand! Incidentally, if they sold out 20k every week, extremely unlikely, it would still take 6 seasons of increased revenue just to pay for a cheapo £6m stand! Yamenomics!

We'll see how their ST sales go next season.

They have sold ST's on the back of 'save the club' and then walking the Championship. This has been their first bog standard season in the last 3 and already there has been murmerings about the gantin' fitba, not to mention getting pumped by us.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Didn't we (RP) have a "5 year plan" or something similar a while back? Was it "5"?