hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can have a word with me, last time I checked I was entitled to make a post and for you to reply with a different point of view. No issue with others not agreeing but its like debating in nursery on here sometimes. Sorry for the terrible suggestion of trying to maximise our clubs revenue. I am fully aware it might piss off a few season ticket holders, presumably only those withdrawing their support of the season ticket scheme. However, what I am suggesting is common in other areas where maximising customers is important. Have you never asked for a sweetener when renewing a Sky or Broadband connection or taken advantage of a deal whilst changing suppliers. These schemes are there because they work, admittedly it is unlikely you will walk away and support another team but you may be at the point of not renewing or deciding whether to join up and those decisions need to be made into positive ones for the club.
    Renewing a broadband deal really isn't the same as renewing an ST.
    You can suggest all you like wookie, it isn't going to happen.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by marc10 View Post
    So going by what u want mate that wld mean say someone been buying a season ticket for 20 or 30 years then a cup final comes and a fan who has never had a season ticket or has had cld come in buy a new season ticket and gey a ticket before the guy thats had one all that time, oh and the new guy cld get one on finance to get that cup semi or final ticket then pull out after the game, its not right bud, but we will have to agree to disagree on this one, Happy Hibeeing
    I'm a "20-30 veteran" as you call us and what you've stated above IS what has happened in the past 4 or 5 years as far as semi and final tickets are concerned.

Morally I don't agree with it (a new ST buying first time for next season) being eligible for semi or final tickets this season but as has been said previously, it is unfortunately a marketing ruse to to get additional STs sold. It more or less guarantees a ST sale and does guarantee the purchaser a cup final ticket - should they choose to accept it.

Can't recall what happened last season but for the 2012 & 2013 cup finals, existing ST holders who had renewed for the next season were entitled to 2 tickets each for those Cup finals. I took advantage of that offer and took son and granddaughter (tin hat on - not regular attenders but I had earned the right to "donate" my allocation to who I wanted to) to each of these games. As I say, that might have been the same last year but I didn't take up that offer and only purchased 2 tickets for the 2 STs I pay for.

Anyhow the point of the argument is, that Hibs are very likely to use the same incentive again this year if we get that far in the competition. Don't necessarily agree with it but it's what has happened before and likely to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Each to their own mate,we have also maintained a squad of players many of whom are good enough for the top league. I'm all for improving the squad and helping to provide the cash to do it through ST sales even if increased. I realise not everyone will agree though.
    I dont think its right either, especially when you think almost ****all was splashed out this transfer period.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'm just no getting this point of view at all. You would rather us have 13000 than 15000 to allow more walk ups? Am I reading that right??
    If we could sell out the stadium to season tickets meaning absolutely no walk ups could ever buy a ticket at Easter Road then that's exactly what we should be doing. Season tickets are what dictates the budget for the team on the pitch, we should 100% be maximising the amount of season tickets we can sell. If that means PATG fans can't get into a game because there's very few tickets left then so be it. As someone else pointed out, if we sold 16k season tickets which would sell out the home stands then we would have to look at selling the south stand as PATG against everyone other than Hearts (unless they reduce our allocation at Tynie then we would do the same to them).

As a club i'd like every single ticket to be a ST. Maximum income. No brainer.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    If we go up and reach at least the semi of the SC, I can see us smashing the ST record next season.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    I dont think its right either, especially when you think almost ****all was splashed out this transfer period.
    Did we need to splash out this transfer period?

The league table and our cup results say probably not, quality over quantity, if you can't find players that are an improvement on what we have within your budget then there is no point. Unless you are Hearts of course.

First Team Breakthrough BigT-Hibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    Moving back to Scotland after 20 years in London and can't wait to get a season ticket sorted!!!! GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    I'm a "20-30 veteran" as you call us and what you've stated above IS what has happened in the past 4 or 5 years as far as semi and final tickets are concerned.

Morally I don't agree with it (a new ST buying first time for next season) being eligible for semi or final tickets this season but as has been said previously, it is unfortunately a marketing ruse to to get additional STs sold. It more or less guarantees a ST sale and does guarantee the purchaser a cup final ticket - should they choose to accept it.

Can't recall what happened last season but for the 2012 & 2013 cup finals, existing ST holders who had renewed for the next season were entitled to 2 tickets each for those Cup finals. I took advantage of that offer and took son and granddaughter (tin hat on - not regular attenders but I had earned the right to "donate" my allocation to who I wanted to) to each of these games. As I say, that might have been the same last year but I didn't take up that offer and only purchased 2 tickets for the 2 STs I pay for.

Anyhow the point of the argument is, that Hibs are very likely to use the same incentive again this year if we get that far in the competition. Don't necessarily agree with it but it's what has happened before and likely to happen again.
    Yes mate i think this is finevto offer new st buyers a hampden ticket but not before that seasons season ticket holders but after wld be fine,

Quote Originally Posted by marc10 View Post
    Agreed, maybe give ppl buy new one second wave before gen sale but defo not before the ppl who wer paying that seasons wages no way
    Is yr kbd brkn?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Is yr kbd brkn?
    What do u mean by that?

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

Is yr kbd brkn?

'S' Form
    Due to work commitments I haven't been able to get a ST last few years but have decided regardless next season I need to have one even if can only make a few games. Also want to get one with my brother but he does not come home to Edinburgh until November. Am I best getting a full ST for myself until then and getting him a half ST..what are chances with predicted increase in sales that we could get him a seat next to mine come November? If in the event that is not possible would the TO be able to move me mid season so we could sit together?

Having been away from Scotland or working weekends I've not had a ST since Mowbray's first season.

17/18 could be the year, and if so, I'd be bringing my young bro along for his first.

Hibs should maybe cash in on this run we are on, to late to include dunfemline game but do a deal for non st holders, a price for last 5? Home games and a st for nx season on a payment plan, only a idea, so not wanting shot down

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    However you dress it up it sounds ridiculous to me and thankfully it will never happen. You missed the point spectacularly regarding the value of a ticket bought last April for the championship to help fund our hopefully impending promotion.
    And what about the 2 seasons previous to that paying top league prices. Were we not expecting promotion. Or were you thinking we would only have a chance this year of promotion.

I'll be renewing three.

Great to hear many hibees gonna buy STs who don't already have one. I just hope the extra revenue added to the momentum achieved by a very good squad, manager plus Leeann means we properly challenge and don't end up back thinking it's great if we end up in the top six.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Is yr kbd brkn?

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    And what about the 2 seasons previous to that paying top league prices. Were we not expecting promotion. Or were you thinking we would only have a chance this year of promotion.
    Errr I think we were trying to get promoted then too!

It's simple- all those who attended last season's Scottish Cup semi-final against Utd to be guaranteed a ticket for this year's semi...(if we make it).

Around 12 000 of us I recall. Magic day out in the end!

Joking...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovehibs View Post
    It's simple- all those who attended last season's Scottish Cup semi-final against Utd to be guaranteed a ticket for this year's semi...(if we make it).

Around 12 000 of us I recall. Magic day out in the end!

Joking...
    Good point. Day trippers didnae fancy it. Or 2 tickets each to those who could be bothered going to Inverness in midweek after getting beat by RC in the wee cup

Good point. Day trippers didnae fancy it. Or 2 tickets each to those who could be bothered going to Inverness in midweek after getting beat by RC in the wee cup
    It's only a wee cup if you can't win it like our pink neighbours over at the Tynie Library.

If somebody had told me 3 years ago that we would be in our 3rd season in the championship have 11,000 season ticket holders and have a thread on Hibs.Net where folk were seriously discussing the possibility of having to open up half the south stand to cater for walk ups because of an increase in ST sales for the following season I would have hidden sharp objects from them and kept them talking until the mental health professionals arrived.

Fitba is indeed a funny auld game

Should line Rob Jones, Murdo McLeod and Pat Stanton up and you can call it the wee cup to them. Keep that yammish ***** off this forum, 3 of the best days in Hibs history.

I'll be getting one next season ... can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Should line Rob Jones, Murdo McLeod and Pat Stanton up and you can call it the wee cup to them. Keep that yammish ***** off this forum, 3 of the best days in Hibs history.
    Whether it's yammish or not it is the wee cup.

It's only the Yams that refer to it that way, and then only because they have been incapable of winning it within living memory.

The Challenge Cup is the only one that could be regarded as "wee" because it is only open to lower league teams. And even then I'm sure that winning it meant a great deal to teams like Queen of the South who have little chance of winning the Scottish or League Cups.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

It's one of three competitions we set out to win at the start of the season. Calling it the wee cup is pretty pathetic really.

First Team Breakthrough 21.5.16's Avatar
    I will be renewing when/if i can afford it

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Whats funny
    Last edited by marc10; 26-02-2017 at 10:50 AM.