hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Presumably they’ve sold enough season tickets for them to announce to the fans they’ll be spending all their money on a new pitch instead of players for next season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taxes, wages for all the staff etc soon adds up. I think ours costs in the region of 500k per annum.

As others have alluded to, you cannot judge its success or otherwise on a purely financial basis, and I'm delighted we have our own place.
    Genuine question - Do you know the value of EM as an asset?

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Unbounded ambition in signing an up and coming young striker(half Queen Anns age or there abouts)

If this is one of the three "marquee" signings Rolf Potter was tempting them with to sell Season Tickets I guess they will be overjoyed down Dalry way.

Next step is checking out wee Pat Fenlon's availability...
    Don't forget Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Said it before they are toiling, don’t care what anyone on here says they are in the bargain basement for players now. Naismith who many on here were saying was an “amazing” singing, when I thought he was crap looks like I’ve been proved right as he’s been an utter failure. Lafferty granted has done better than I thought but he’s still been poor.

They are a gang just now and will have a poor season again next season. Until Budge and Potter leave the club will just go round in circles looking for cash simple as that. We are ran a lot better on and off the pitch now and are miles ahead of them.
    There seems to be a large split in the hertz fans between those who have faith in budge and levein and those who see the reality of the situation. I think levein has actually done a reasonable job with the squad he has but if McLean is the level of signing their getting and either lafferty or naismith go then they are looking at at least two or three seasons fighting for 5th place in the league. The temptation is of course is to spend loads of money they don't have and I'm not sure once you've had the addictive effect of winning games with phantom money will they be able to help themselves. In fairness a large number on twitback are seeing reality and their number is growing. They will rally round I'm sure with buying season tickets but it will depend how they start next season. If they start to lag behind us again then the knives will be getting sharpened. I think in summary they are hoping things will get better but will stick with it until it all goes Pete tong.

Hearts are charging £300 for a kid to be a mascot against Celtic or Hibs.

How much do Hibs charge ?

Well this will help with flagging season ticket sales won’t it!

And the new super dooper pitch. Something about that announcement makes me smell as rat. A big fat ugly Budge type rat. They need to do something about the pitch but I’m atead of replacing the Skoda with a VW they want to go immediately to a Aston Martin. I have a feeling this wee arrangement will be financed and staged in a way the new stand is.

More and more cash needed for the stand. So money must be tight. Levein loves to pass the pressure on to others with another young coach in Maclean. He is desperate to get back to DOF role asap - all the power and zero accountability.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    MacLean has scored 5 goals for St Johnstone this season, 2 less than Rowan Vine scored for them the season before joining us. :-)

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Well this will help with flagging season ticket sales won’t it!

And the new super dooper pitch. Something about that announcement makes me smell as rat. A big fat ugly Budge type rat. They need to do something about the pitch but I’m atead of replacing the Skoda with a VW they want to go immediately to a Aston Martin. I have a feeling this wee arrangement will be financed and staged in a way the new stand is.

More and more cash needed for the stand. So money must be tight. Levein loves to pass the pressure on to others with another young coach in Maclean. He is desperate to get back to DOF role asap - all the power and zero accountability.
    Or has the mystery benefactor came up with further funding?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Better to have a training centre available 24 hours a day,7 days a week rather than a shared facility.
    What overall benefit does that bring?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    I think you misunderstand me

I am glad that we own our own facility and think that the decision to buy it was absolutely the correct one.

The developments Leeann alluded to her that are coming to it, most probably would not have been possible had we only been renting someone else's facility

The point I was making that was that doing so may not be to our financial advantage over Hearts renting theirs.

But the only real way to ascertain that would be to compare both clubs respective usage and quality of facilities and the total costs involved and that's not going to happen
    Fair enough, I disagree. I used to think it was a massive benefit to us, I'm now of the opinion the club should have tried a collaboration instead. I also don't think it's an asset we could sell in the future neither unless Queen Margaret Uni fancy a sports centre near their Mussie campus.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    What overall benefit does that bring?
    The benefits are that we don’t have to schedule training to avoid clashes with other organisations, all our teams train in the same place which is a great benefit for the youngsters and especially the development team boys. We can arrange as hoc training sessions without worrying about clashing with the local hockey team or Edinburgh rugby.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Or has the mystery benefactor came up with further funding?

I don't think the FoH pledgers will accept another diversion from the target of paying off Budge and taking control themselves.

The collections for the sum promised to fund the Budge folly must be complete and £ 2.5 million + interest to buy the HOMFC shares from Bidco is the pot the DD's will be channeled towards.

Fair enough, I disagree. I used to think it was a massive benefit to us, I'm now of the opinion the club should have tried a collaboration instead. I also don't think it's an asset we could sell in the future neither unless Queen Margaret Uni fancy a sports centre near their Mussie campus.
    Just off topic a sec but what does the 16 in Sauzee16 relate to?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    The benefits are that we don’t have to schedule training to avoid clashes with other organisations, all our teams train in the same place which is a great benefit for the youngsters and especially the development team boys. We can arrange as hoc training sessions without worrying about clashing with the local hockey team or Edinburgh rugby.
    ^In a nutshell.

There is another difference - if we want to put other facilities in (new pitches / equipment) we dont have to ask the owner.

Staffing costs etc will be broadly the same for East Mains and Riccarton, they pay a hefty fee to rent it, but if we want to upgrade facilities, we pay ourselves - swings and roundabouts in my opinion.

However - regardless of whether people think its worthwhile - its an asset on Hibs balance sheet, whereas Riccarton is plainly not.

Of course we could still be avoiding dug***** at the Jack Kane

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I may be getting mixed up with something else, but I'm pretty sure Hibs looked into doing something in partnership with the Council at the Jack Kane Centre. After this fell through Hibs turned their attention to East Mains.

Reputedly because of Hibs previous bad experiences with Edinburgh Council thy high tailed it out of the capital altogether so that there could be no EDC meddling or restrictive shenanigans.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    My dad was speaking to him a year or maybe two years ago, when he was in good form, and suggested to him that we could do with him at Easter Road. While he said he would love to, he admitted that it was never going happen then at his stage of his career, in addition to the wear and tear on his body that dictates that he can only play on grass.
    If this is the market Hearts are now shopping in, then this is very good news indeed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Don't they all train at the same place and have first rights on the facilities?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Reputedly because of Hibs previous bad experiences with Edinburgh Council thy high tailed it out of the capital altogether so that there could be no EDC meddling or restrictive shenanigans.
    They moved to East Mains because Edinburgh Council are such ********s. Our council would rather have abandoned waste ground than help hibs.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    ^In a nutshell.

There is another difference - if we want to put other facilities in (new pitches / equipment) we dont have to ask the owner.

Staffing costs etc will be broadly the same for East Mains and Riccarton, they pay a hefty fee to rent it, but if we want to upgrade facilities, we pay ourselves - swings and roundabouts in my opinion.

However - regardless of whether people think its worthwhile - its an asset on Hibs balance sheet, whereas Riccarton is plainly not.

Of course we could still be avoiding dug***** at the Jack Kane
    They get the benefit of using upgraded facilities funded by other people though?

Sorry, and I am nieve and thick on the matter but I don't see much benefit we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I may be getting mixed up with something else, but I'm pretty sure Hibs looked into doing something in partnership with the Council at the Jack Kane Centre. After this fell through Hibs turned their attention to East Mains.
    And more..https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/hibs-unveil-163-3m-training-centre-1-986430

"Money's too tight to mention" - Can't stop singing this every time I'm on here and see this thread title. Great tune!

Left by mutual consent!

Thanks! I wonder if HWU had any discussions with us before going into a long term partnership with them also?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Don't they all train at the same place and have first rights on the facilities?
    In the winter if the pitches are frozen they have to get in line with everyone else to use the facilities. Also any facilities that are shared aren’t exclusively available to hearts. It’s an absolute no brainier to have your own training centre. Once you’ve got over the hit off paying for it, it’s yours to do what you want to, and you can tailor it to the individual needs of your particular club. I believe we’re looking to build a full size indoor pitch at East Mains. Hearts can’t make any changes to Riccarton as it isn’t theres.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    In the winter if the pitches are frozen they have to get in line with everyone else to use the facilities. Also any facilities that are shared aren’t exclusively available to hearts. It’s an absolute no brainier to have your own training centre. Once you’ve got over the hit off paying for it, it’s yours to do what you want to, and you can tailor it to the individual needs of your particular club. I believe we’re looking to build a full size indoor pitch at East Mains. Hearts can’t make any changes to Riccarton as it isn’t theres.
    Aye but we don't get to pretend that we own it and in some instances even brag about it and end up looking like bellends when some hobo asks for evidence of said ownership.

Most of the downsides to owning EM are in the past in my opinion, and however we look at it is an asset on the (legendary) balance sheet,something we own and paid for. Riccarton, for the thieves is all in the cash out column.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Thanks! I wonder if HWU had any discussions with us before going into a long term partnership with them also?

I don't know. Originally HMFC (still under Robinson) & HWU were meant to be equal partners at Riccarton (£2.5m each with the rest coming from SportScotland), however when it came to putting the funding together, Hearts financial situation was so precarious that they didn't meet the requirements for the SportScotland grant, therefore HWU had to bin them as partners and go it alone, albeit with HMFC as tenants.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    They get the benefit of using upgraded facilities funded by other people though?

Sorry, and I am nieve and thick on the matter but I don't see much benefit we have.
    It is naive if you think facilities upgrade without passing in those costs to their customers. It may not cost hertz all the money required for upgrades but it will impact in their costs to use the upgraded facility.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

There was nothing of note in the discussions for them to fall through. Hibs offered to buy Hunter's Hall, maintain the Community Centre there as well as building a dedicated training ground for the club and the council knocked it back straight away even though they were actively trying to bring in a private owner at the time.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    It is naive if you think facilities upgrade without passing in those costs to their customers. It may not cost hertz all the money required for upgrades but it will impact in their costs to use the upgraded facility.
    So long as landlord remember to a) charge them, and b) charge them market rate and c) diligently pursue any arrears or debt.

It really shouldn't be like this but they played fast and loose with public money before and failed to do anything meaningful about the accruing debt.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Has there been instances of the players not doing training because they are in line with everyone else? Haven't they already got a full size indoor pitch at Riccarton?