hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Hibs' statement on an EBT enquiry?

Voters
440. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I support the board

49 11.14%
  • Not bothered either way

109 24.77%
  • No, I want an enquiry

282 64.09%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Are you happy with Hibs' statement on an EBT enquiry?

Well?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    You won't get odds on No.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

It's a poor statement that acknowledges neither the frustration felt by the many Hibs fans who have supported calls for the EBT decision to be revisited, nor the need to review how the EBT decision was made.

That decision was wrong because it did not apply the standard sanction laid down in competition rules regarding improperly registered players. The legal advice may be right that the decision cannot now be overturned, but the manner in which the decision was made should still be examined.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

No but it's not unexpected.

There will undoubtedly now be the usual threats of boycotts or 'not going back until such and such happens' but they usually die away pretty quickly. As much as the statment misjudges the mood of a lot of fans I can't help think a few good results and some drip fed good news will repair a relationship pretty quickly.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

There will undoubtedly now be the usual threats of boycotts or 'not going back until such and such happens' but they usually die away pretty quickly. As much as the statment misjudges the mood of a lot of fans I can't help think a few good results and some drip fed good news will repair a relationship pretty quickly.

Sadly, the cover up was done some time ago and everybody is hiding behind legal excuses.

What I really don't understand is the bit about the inquiry though. Why not look into it?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Sadly, the cover up was done some time ago and everybody is hiding behind legal excuses.

What I really don't understand is the bit about the inquiry though. Why not look into it?
    There appears to be enough evidence of dishonest behaviour and practices to warrant one and how they got away with it so long. I would include Hearts, Dunfermline and Gretna in this when their operations were obviously unsustainable independently which raises questions over the games governance.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    I'm no longer (too) bothered about further penalties but I definitely think there should be an inquiry about how the whole affair was handled at the time.

Aye, you're probably right. The Board and fan reps laughing up their sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Occam's razor. Cos they know it won't turn out well for some folk like Rod who is complicit in the Five Away Agreement.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I reckon we'll get a good, well rounded response to this which we can use to make an informed decision on what collective action should be taken by us.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Occam's razor.
    I just learnt something new. Nice one!

Left by mutual consent!
    Aye, you're probably right. The Board and fan reps laughing up their sleeves.
    I hate to break it to you but the board aren’t sitting in some underground lair hatching their latest evil plans.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar

Indeed, there is much knashing of teeth and calls to not go to games, etc, but hibs know full well that the fans will NOT walk away. This isn't Tesco, or Nike pissing you off......you can readily walk away from them, this is hibs, and the attachment is too emotive.
    We've been shat on many times before over the years, Scottish football is a village and it seems too many fear the repercussions pursuing this.

A few weeks and the anger will die down and we'll carry on.......all very sad.
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I'm about as far from happy as possible, the board are cowards to a man (and woman). Congratulations on smashing a big dent in the feel-good factor that's taken years to build.

Every single supporter in Scotland who bought tickets during the EBT years were conned as it was a rigged competition, yet our club seemingly deem this as acceptable and brush it under the carpet for some reason.

I honestly can't understand folk giving it let's just move on chat, if the Huns can get away with it once would you be surprised to see them pulling another ****s trick? Seems they're getting the running of Scottish football and when one of the supposed bigger clubs (US) have completely shat it in coming together and taking them to task then that speaks volumes.

This isn't just any club either. Have the board forgotten the lies perpetrated and how Rangers portrayed our club after the Cup Final?
    Last edited by .Sean.; 11-09-2017 at 09:25 PM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I'm about as far from happy as possible, the board are cowards to a man (and woman). Congratulations on smashing a big dent in the feel-good factor that's taken years to build.

Every single supporter in Scotland who bought tickets during the EBT years were conned as it was a rigged competition, yet our club seemingly deem this as acceptable and brush it under the carpet for some reason.

I honestly can't understand folk giving it let's just move on chat, if the Huns can get away with it once would you be surprised to see them pulling another ****s trick? Seems they're getting the running of Scottish football and when one of the supposed bigger clubs (US) have completely shat it in coming together and taking them to task then that speaks volumes.

This isn't just any club either. Have the board forgotten the lies perpetrated and how Rangers portrayed our club after the Cup Final?
    Superb post.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I just learnt something new. Nice one!
    You're welcome!

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Not overly bothered but if I had to lie on one side of the fence it would be with the aggrieved section.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    I hate to break it to you but the board aren’t sitting in some underground lair hatching their latest evil plans.
    Hate to break it you but I was talking figuratively, not literally.

They're having a laugh. Treating us like *****

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post

Why is the cup final relevant?

Left by mutual consent!
    Hate to break it you but I was talking figuratively, not literally.

They're having a laugh. Treating us like *****
    They’re really not. They’re just following legal advice instead of Celtic bloggers.

They’re really not. They’re just following legal advice instead of Celtic bloggers.
    How about following their customers' wishes?

I'll have a wild stab in the dark...

Is it because they posted up a bunch of lies about us minutes after we won the Cup, to deflect from their failure, and to slander us?????

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Well?
    From "the A team" - "stop askin damn fool questions!"

Except this has all the legal status of your local golf club.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Because of the nonsense and downright lies the club spouted on social platforms and got their pals in the media to spread in an attempt to deflect criticism from themselves and take the shine off our win?

Hibs then have ample opportunity to fight back said club and their decade of wrongdoing and their arse collapses like a soggy biscuit.

The board have sold the fans out. 'Hibernian with bottle'
    Last edited by .Sean.; 11-09-2017 at 09:44 PM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Well?
    Don't seem to have the option to vote. I would vote no but feel there is a lot of misdirection going on here. For me the EBT's per se are of no interest the misregistration of players is the issue. Perhaps the EBT issue is being used as a smokescreen so that this argument about legal council, it will cost a fortune can be trotted out. The SFA board can hold a meeting at Hampden look at the only issue which should concern them. Punish the rule breaker and go home. Couple of hundred quid in taxi fares and first class rail tickets for the whole gang.

No I'm not and I want to see a proper enquiry into the whole handling of this scandal by the SFA and SPFL ...... If its true that they ( SFA / SPFL ) have painted themselves into a corner where they cant re visit the consequences of Rangers 1872's application of EBT's then they once again have proved their incompetence.

I presume Hibs have looked into the possibility of a legal review and what the outcome might be and are not the only club who have come to the conclusion along with the governing bodies that a lot of money could be spent on it with absolutely no prospect of a satisfactory outcome ... If that's the case at the very least the SFA and SPFL should publish a detailed statement as to what the legal situation is which would mean an attempt at stripping The Rangers 2012 of honours would be 'bound to fail' ..... a phrase often used in law to deny an applicant recourse to further legal review or appeal.

As for the board .......... I find it impossible to believe that they would be going down this route if they didn't feel it was the best option for the club, it would have been the easiest thing in the world for them to go with the flow on this one and side with the view of the majority of fans. The fact that they have not and put themselves in the firing line when it comes to the fans anger says to me that they have carefully considered their stance here .... just because I'm not happy with it doesn't mean I don't understand why they have come to the conclusion they have here.

As for boycotting matches as a result of this .... GTF .... Rangers have already caused enough damage, The Rangers 2012 and their fans wont give a stuff if fans of other clubs decide to boycott their own clubs because of their historical actions. Any anger we have should be directed towards the SFA and SPFL where it belongs, not Hibernian FC.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 11-09-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    No I'm not and I want to see a proper enquiry into the whole handling of this scandal by the SFA and SPFL ...... If its true that they ( SFA / SPFL ) have painted themselves into a corner where they cant re visit the consequences of Rangers 1872's application of EBT's then they once again have proved their incompetence.

I presume Hibs have looked into the possibility of a legal review and what the outcome might be and are not the only club who have come to the conclusion along with the governing bodies that a lot of money could be spent on it with absolutely no prospect of a satisfactory outcome ... If that's the case at the very least the SFA and SPFL should publish a detailed statement as to what the legal situation is which would mean an attempt at stripping The Rangers 2012 of honours would be 'bound to fail' ..... a phrase often used in law to deny an applicant recourse to further legal review or appeal.

As for the board .......... I find it impossible to believe that they would be going down this route if they didn't feel it was the best option for the club, it would have been the easiest thing in the world for them to go with the flow on this one and side with the view of the majority of fans. The fact that they have not and put themselves in the firing line when it comes to the fans anger says to me that they have carefully considered their stance here .... just because I'm not happy with it doesn't mean I don't understand why they have come to the conclusion they have here.

As for boycotting matches as a result of this .... GTF .... Rangers have already caused enough damage, The Rangers 2012 and their fans wont give a stuff if fans of other clubs decide to boycott their own clubs because of their historical actions. Any anger we have should be directed towards the SFA and SPFL where it belongs, not Hibernian FC.
    My word, a sensible post amongst some drivel.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hopefuly, in some way or another, in independent investigation DOES materialise as in that way the game will get the justice/cleansing it should've had 6 years ago and RP to stand down after more or less admitting, via this shameful statement, he has no understanding whatsoever of the people who devote a large percentage of their lives and income to this club and the game.

RIP the alleged 'Feelgood Factor' as it never really existed - it was all lip-service !

Signed A. Mushroom

The statement doesn't bother me, infact I agree with it.