hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Fans Rep Surgery - Sat 15th July at Hibs Club (NOT THIS WEEKEND)

This coming Saturday before the game against Montrose myself and Frank will be holding a fans surgery in the Hibs Supporters Club at Sunnyside from 12.30-13.30.

We will be upstairs in the Pat Stanton lounge.

If you can't make it along but have anything you like to discuss, please contact us.

Email:

fdougan@hibernianfc.co.uk

tsmith@hibernianfc.co.uk

We look forward to seeing you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good idea 🖒

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This coming Saturday before the game against Montrose myself and Frank will be holding a fans surgery in the Hibs Supporters Club at Sunnyside from 12.30-13.30.

If you can't make it along but have anything you like to discuss, please contact us.

Email:

tsmith@hibernianfc.co.uk

Good stuff.

Have the club or either yourself or Frank spoken about the recent developments with Rangers or any plans for any comms? Would like to hear something official, especially in light of the thread and poll on here last week. Also particularly interested in Petrie's thoughts given his involvement in the SFA.

Thanks

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    Good stuff.

Have the club or either yourself or Frank spoken about the recent developments with Rangers or any plans for any comms? Would like to hear something official, especially in light of the thread and poll on here last week. Also particularly interested in Petrie's thoughts given his involvement in the SFA.

Thanks
    Frank and I will be raising the concerns in relation to the tax case at the next board meeting on 31st July

I unfortunately can't make the game or the meeting on Saturday but I would have wanted an update on what's going on with the BTG bar replacement that was promised. This meeting at Sunnyside is probably a consequence of the great facilities we had at Easter Road Football Stadium now being unavailable for the use of football supporters!

I'm away for a long weekend so missing the game.

Can we please have stones like the East and West offered for the FF stand?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    I unfortunately can't make the game or the meeting on Saturday but I would have wanted an update on what's going on with the BTG bar replacement that was promised. This meeting at Sunnyside is probably a consequence of the great facilities we had at Easter Road Football Stadium now being unavailable for the use of football supporters!
    We are hoping to have an update soon. We are close to a temp solution but will let everyone know as soon as we have something concrete to tell you.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm away for a long weekend so missing the game.

Can we please have stones like the East and West offered for the FF stand?
    I will pass this on

We are hoping to have an update soon. We are close to a temp solution but will let everyone know as soon as we have something concrete to tell you.

Brilliant thanks 👍

Email:

tsmith@hibernianfc.co.uk

can't make it but have emailed you

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Frank and I will be raising the concerns in relation to the tax case at the next board meeting on 31st July

Hi Tracy, hope the fans rep surgery went well 😀

Can I add another point/question for the next board meeting? Given Celtic have just been fined for sectarian singing by UEFA. Could you ask Hibs thoughts on this. Probably more relevant for Rod, given he is on the SFA, but why can UEFA punish sectarianism but the SFA appear to simply turn a blind eye to it. Probably as relevant a time as ever with our trip to Ibrox coming up with the cup final and Neil Lennon our manager.

Cheers.

Can I add another point/question for the next board meeting? Given Celtic have just been fined for sectarian singing by UEFA. Could you ask Hibs thoughts on this. Probably more relevant for Rod, given he is on the SFA, but why can UEFA punish sectarianism but the SFA appear to simply turn a blind eye to it. Probably as relevant a time as ever with our trip to Ibrox coming up with the cup final and Neil Lennon our manager.

Cheers.
    This...

@hibs.net private member

Cheers.
    Is the reason for this not due to "strict liability" which all clubs have voted on? Basically means that a club in Scotland can't be disciplined for their fans behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Is the reason for this not due to "strict liability" which all clubs have voted on? Basically means that a club in Scotland can't be disciplined for their fans behaviour.
    If we had strict liability then Hibs would have been hammered even more for the cup final pitch invasion and the refugee song would also have seen us punished. We need to be careful what we wish for.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    If we had strict liability then Hibs would have been hammered even more for the cup final pitch invasion and the refugee song would also have seen us punished. We need to be careful what we wish for.
    Don't agree with that view, it smacks of just letting folk away with doing what they want.

If we are serious about cutting out sectarianism and poor behaviour, we all need to stand up and make changes or take the punishment.

Until such times as clubs are properly punished, these things will carry on indefinitely.

Cheers.
    They havn't been charged for sectarian singing. They've been charged for an "illicit banner".

The SFA and SPFL couldn't run a bath so thank **** there's no strict liability up here.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    why should our football clubs be expected to take any stance against sectarianism in our stadiums when our governments allow sectarian marches to take place on our streets

First Team Breakthrough Siralbertkidd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    They havn't been charged for sectarian singing. They've been charged for an "illicit banner".

The SFA and SPFL couldn't run a bath so thank **** there's no strict liability up here.
    yes they have, singing and banner both charged.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Don't agree with that view, it smacks of just letting folk away with doing what they want.

If we are serious about cutting out sectarianism and poor behaviour, we all need to stand up and make changes or take the punishment.

Until such times as clubs are properly punished, these things will carry on indefinitely.
    It's not a case of letting people away with what they want. It's more a case of not trusting the Scottish Football authorities in the role of judge and jury when it comes to punishing clubs for any behaviour they deem offensive. Would you trust them?

Quote Originally Posted by Siralbertkidd View Post
    yes they have, singing and banner both charged.
    When? The 3 charges announced yesterday are for illicit banner, having a sponsor on the bibs and stairways being blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    When? The 3 charges announced yesterday are for illicit banner, having a sponsor on the bibs and stairways being blocked.
    Apologies, you are correct. the bit i read (my own fault for reading the DR) was "Cops confirmed a probe will be made into a "small section" of fans of both teams after supporters were heard singing anti-sectarian songs".

Quote Originally Posted by Siralbertkidd View Post
    Apologies, you are correct. the bit i read (my own fault for reading the DR) was "Cops confirmed a probe will be made into a "small section" of fans of both teams after supporters were heard singing anti-sectarian songs".
    What would they be?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    What would they be?
    Indeed. Maybe they upset the DR by not following their rules!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    What would they be?

Oh, they are well known around the old firm these days...it's a joy fest.. Some of the numbers are:

We love the Queen and the Pope too..

You are ra People

King Billy and the Pope - Simply the equal best...

It's not a case of letting people away with what they want. It's more a case of not trusting the Scottish Football authorities in the role of judge and jury when it comes to punishing clubs for any behaviour they deem offensive. Would you trust them?
    We need to get away from that argument, we really do. Sectarianism and bad behaviour is just that, and step out of line and you should be punished accordingly.

If our fans misbehave during a match, or anyone starts singing about the pope or the queen or Catholics or Protestants in disparaging terms, we need to man up and accept its wrong.

Our fans should be pulling them up if they misbehave, self-police I suppose. We had sectarianism in the 60s and 70s EVERY week following Hibs, we've managed to virtually wipe it out.

Nobody would complain if the same thing was happening in Glasgow.

I know away from the ground, these things might go on more often than we'd like, but we as football fans can do something about this inside a ground where 99% of non old firm fans go to see football and don't want that bile anywhere near it.

Being frightened of what might happen is what they want, it's why the authorities are running scared of them, it's up to the fans to push this through, it's up to us to say enough is enough.

Ignoring it is just as bad, we can't keep on living in that cesspit.

We need to get away from that argument, we really do. Sectarianism and bad behaviour is just that, and step out of line and you should be punished accordingly.

If our fans misbehave during a match, or anyone starts singing about the pope or the queen or Catholics or Protestants in disparaging terms, we need to man up and accept its wrong.

Our fans should be pulling them up if they misbehave, self-police I suppose. We had sectarianism in the 60s and 70s EVERY week following Hibs, we've managed to virtually wipe it out.

Nobody would complain if the same thing was happening in Glasgow.

I know away from the ground, these things might go on more often than we'd like, but we as football fans can do something about this inside a ground where 99% of non old firm fans go to see football and don't want that bile anywhere near it.

Being frightened of what might happen is what they want, it's why the authorities are running scared of them, it's up to the fans to push this through, it's up to us to say enough is enough.

Ignoring it is just as bad, we can't keep on living in that cesspit.
    You have ignored my question. Would you trust the Scottish football authorities to act as judge and jury as well as deciding what constitutes offensive behaviour. That's what strict liability will mean.
    Given all you have said there how many people did you challenge for singing the refugee song?

You have ignored my question. Would you trust the Scottish football authorities to act as judge and jury as well as deciding what constitutes offensive behaviour. That's what strict liability will mean.
    Given all you have said there how many people did you challenge for singing the refugee song?
    Didn't ignore it 59, I just said its something that has to happen whether we trust them or not. And as for challenging anyone singing the refugee song, I never challenged anyone, but if we were to have strict liability. I'd certainly challenge anyone who was singing that or any song that was against what we should be striving for.

We need to stop being afraid of what might happen and strive for a better and non sectarian/bigotted game, and that includes racism or even sexism now.

Didn't ignore it 59, I just said its something that has to happen whether we trust them or not. And as for challenging anyone singing the refugee song, I never challenged anyone, but if we were to have strict liability. I'd certainly challenge anyone who was singing that or any song that was against what we should be striving for.

We need to stop being afraid of what might happen and strive for a better and non sectarian/bigotted game, and that includes racism or even sexism now.
    I'm not disagreeing about where we need to go, just how we get there. I don't see strict liability as the answer, it's like a teacher putting a whole class in detention because one kid misbehaved.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I'm not disagreeing about where we need to go, just how we get there. I don't see strict liability as the answer, it's like a teacher putting a whole class in detention because one kid misbehaved.
    If there was one dick in class keeping everyone back would he not get sorted out by the majority? Eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    If there was one dick in class keeping everyone back would he not get sorted out by the majority? Eventually.