hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lennon.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What part is “knee jerk.” We didn’t turn up and he got it all wrong today. Not asking for him to be sacked or anything but I am allowed to question that performance no?
    Read your opening post and have a look at what it has spawned.

Lennon is doing a good job and on the back of a defeat you're saying he needs to take a look at himself which I expect he does after any defeat.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Simon Murray came on to partner Shaw with 15 mins to go, and was anonymous. It also left us short in midfield, so he did change things to make us more offensive as a lot on here wanted.

In my opinion it weakened us, and contributed to their goal.

We were poor today, sheite happens.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    We needed more in the middle of the pitch imho. Failing that, a better out ball up front.

You need to play to your strengths in these games and I don't think we did that at all.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Whatever else does or doesn't happen in the next few days and weeks the one thing that definitely must not happen is a club statement.

If there are any problems going on at the club they should be dealt with behind closed doors by the manager and the CE. Washing linen in public is not a good idea - washing fantasy linen in public is even worse.
    Nope, it needs to be done and dusted once for all. Look at the divisions it's caused amongst the fan base for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Read your opening post and have a look at what it has spawned.

Lennon is doing a good job and on the back of a defeat you're saying he needs to take a look at himself which I expect he does after any defeat.
    He does need to take a look at himself, that was a poor performance I thought it wasn’t the best set up either. If folk take my post out of context that’s their fault not mine.
    Last edited by Thecat23; 21-01-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Well i’d like to thank everyone at Hibs for the undefeated run against them. Not good today but that was anyones match and they sneaked it.I’d take one loss in ten against them every time. Time to find some unity.

Saints at home - Lost
    Hamilton away - Draw
    Thistle away - Win
    Celtic home - Draw
    Rangers home - Lost
    Aberdeen away - Lost
    Ross County Home - Win
    Hearts away - Draw
    Killie home - Draw
    Hearts away - Lost

Horrific form. Not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    Saints at home - Lost
    Hamilton away - Draw
    Thistle away - Win
    Celtic home - Draw
    Rangers home - Lost
    Aberdeen away - Lost
    Ross County Home - Win
    Hearts away - Draw
    Killie home - Draw
    Hearts away - Lost

Relegation form on the face of it.

We're not going to be relegated before anyone starts but that form is horrific reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Well i’d like to thank everyone at Hibs for the undefeated run against them. Not good today but that was anyones match and they sneaked it.I’d take one loss in ten against them every time. Time to find some unity.
    Fully agree

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carnoustiehibee View Post
    Poor pitch but play Boyle and shaw? Why don’t play it off big Davie with barker or mclaren beside him. Why play a tight midfield 4 but have no full backs who can get past the half way line.
    Big Dave has never done it in any game never mind a game like this. Boyle has more about him than Barker full stop again never mind a game like this. Personally I’d have played Murray before Shaw but would it really have made that much difference? McLaren is a tough e as I’ve not seen him play. It’s Lennons call. He sees them day in day out. Again I don’t think that would have made much difference. Maybe but we will never know.
    In case you didn’t know Stevenson was overlapping most the game and was in their half plenty.
    I’ll give you Efe isn’t a full back and the new boy might have done better st Right Back but he only signed a day or two ago. Is this the right game for him to get his first game?
    We werepoir the second half but I’m not sure that could be laidat Oennons door..
    I hope Stokes is shown the door as his disruptive influence is going to turn a decent first season in the top light to an average one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Relegation form on the face of it.

We're not going to be relegated before anyone starts but that form is horrific reading.
    Don't get me wrong I am not suggesting anything by any means here, but serious questions need to be asked. Pressure is on Lennon to change it.

I may be alone but I liked the team when I saw it.
    It seems like a lot of hindsight going on. We got beat in a tight game. A sore one but let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I may be alone but I liked the team when I saw it.
    It seems like a lot of hindsight going on. We got beat in a tight game. A sore one but let's move on.
    I didn’t, what did you like about it? Not being funny btw I just thought it lacked pace and creativity.

The over reaction to a Derby defeat in the cup was inevitable. I don't think there was much between the two teams today. It stings that we lost the match late on but I think a bit perspective is required! Hearts are on a good run with a solid defence. They've added a guy with a strong pedigree in an attacking sense who will help influence others. Hibs on the other hand started with an academy graduate up top as our marquee signing decided to act like a tool when on a training camp and looks finished at the club. We will recover from this and hopefully finish top four in the league.

Saints at home - Lost
    Hamilton away - Draw
    Thistle away - Win
    Celtic home - Draw
    Rangers home - Lost
    Aberdeen away - Lost
    Ross County Home - Win
    Hearts away - Draw
    Killie home - Draw
    Hearts away - Lost

4 Games in the next 2 weeks with the OF away...

Lennon needs to sort it out quickly or we could slip away down the table

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dave View Post
    Not posted in around 3 years but felt compelled to today with the amount of overreacting going on, there was a baw hairs difference in the game today, it could have went either way. Everyone need to settle the **** down.
    Well said.

@hibs.net private member
    Saints at home - Lost
    Hamilton away - Draw
    Thistle away - Win
    Celtic home - Draw
    Rangers home - Lost
    Aberdeen away - Lost
    Ross County Home - Win
    Hearts away - Draw
    Killie home - Draw
    Hearts away - Lost

So two wins in 10? That's not good.

I wonder if folk are posting positively on this thread because they're bothered about yams looking in. We were rubbish against an anti-fitba team. We've punched below our weight for weeks (and the same last season). Simply not good enough. Next few weeks have to see an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by col02 View Post
    The over reaction to a Derby defeat in the cup was inevitable. I don't think there was much between the two teams today. It stings that we lost the match late on but I think a bit perspective is required! Hearts are on a good run with a solid defence. They've added a guy with a strong pedigree in an attacking sense who will help influence others. Hibs on the other hand started with an academy graduate up top as our marquee signing decided to act like a tool when on a training camp and looks finished at the club. We will recover from this and hopefully finish top four in the league.
    Fair summing up.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    He downs need to take a look at himself, that was a poor performance I thought it wasn’t the best set up either. If folk take my post out of context that’s their fault not mine.
    I haven't taken your post out of context. Do you not think that NL takes a good look at himself every time Hibs lose a match.

Given his menality, I expect he's fairly hard on himself after a setback.

With regards to set up, hindsight is a great thing. We were a few minutes away from taking them back to ER. IMO if the game had finished 0v0 there'd be few complaints. Football is all about fine lines.

Quote Originally Posted by col02 View Post
    You are quite right that there wasn’t much in it today on a bad pitch that was decided by a scrappy goal. The problem I have is we have gone backwards since our previous derby and the line up was worrying. Ambrose struggled, Bartley had to go off but he still didn’t put a newly signed full back on to shore it up. There appeared a lack of fitness in the second half that is also worrying. If we had won it would have been undeserved and a draw would have been a get out of jail card. That’s a huge turn around from recent meetings and doesn’t bode well.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    A refreshing viewpoint and one I agree with wholeheartedly.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    I wonder if folk are posting positively on this thread because they're bothered about yams looking in. We were rubbish against an anti-fitba team. We've punched below our weight for weeks (and the same last season). Simply not good enough. Next few weeks have to see an improvement.
    They played more fitba than us today and that's the first time in ages. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    I haven't taken your post out of context. Do you not think that NL takes a good look at himself every time Hibs lose a match.

Given his menality, I expect he's fairly hard on himself after a setback.

With regards to set up, hindsight is a great thing. We were a few minutes away from taking them back to ER. IMO if the game had finished 0v0 there'd be few complaints. Football is all about fine lines.
    I thought we were very lucky not to have conceded before we did. They outplayed us the whole second half. Not sure either why he didn’t throw MacLaren on either.

I’d hope he looks at himself but if you look at our form last ten games it’s pretty brutal. So he must improve and improve soon. We have played poor In to many games this season as well, but to lose to Hearts by putting in one of the worst performances in years isn’t good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dave View Post
    Not posted in around 3 years but felt compelled to today with the amount of overreacting going on, there was a baw hairs difference in the game today, it could have went either way. Everyone need to settle the **** down.

Correct.

Lightweight up front, serious lack of pace, no creativity or goals coming from midfield and shipping to many goals. We’ve had a decent 1st half of the season considering it’s our 1st season back in the league but any one who can accept 2 wins in 10 games needs to have a serious word with themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t, what did you like about it? Not being funny btw I just thought it lacked pace and creativity.
    Back 4 picked itself, I like Slivka in there,Bartley McGeogh McGinn are automatics and Boyle has the pace and Shaw is obviously good enough although still learning. Barker will have been disappointed but his pace is a good asset off the bench, and it was.

When you lose a game, it's easy to say he got the tactics wrong. Well in away he did, because we didn't win! But were their any glaring 'Kevin McCann at Centre Half' type tactical disasters? Not to my eyes.

They outplayed us the whole second half
    They really didn't.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    They really didn't.
    I thought they did as well. We had a wee spell but it was all Hearts from what I was watching.

First Team Regular
    They really didn't.
    Yes they did

Concern is : Dylan is not sure where he is. SJM, will go down south, vety poor up top. Shaw will be good but unfair to expect so much now. We should have hit Cochrane hard early take the yellow and then dictate the game. Bad day - there left back looks very very good
    Last edited by JCHibby; 21-01-2018 at 04:39 PM.