hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately that is not the point.
    There was no risk of any Hibs fans getting back on the pitch. The decision to ban the players from taking the trophy on the pitch was taken purely because the authorities didn't want it to happen and not for any alleged safety reasons.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Not too chuffed with the pitch invasion after the final ...

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...ward-1-4334120

Have ro agree with him. A bunch of idiots spoiled a great occasion Acting like a bunch of thugs

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    Have ro agree with him. A bunch of idiots spoiled a great occasion Acting like a bunch of thugs
    No occasion was spoilt, and if you think the occasion wasn't spoilt then you either need your head checked, or you support one of the other sides in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I didn't selectively quote from anything. Even if the the Scotsman have decided to print only certain parts of what was said, there are direct quotes basically saying that he understands why there was an invasion but he regrets that it happened.
    Yes, which is somewhat different from the impression you gave in your 1st post.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    No occasion was spoilt, and if you think the occasion wasn't spoilt then you either need your head checked, or you support one of the other sides in Scotland.
    or he has a different view than you

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Spot on.I understand the initial running on.However I blame the ones afterwards who decided to wander on to take selfies as if they were having a stroll in the park and then wouldn't get off.The vast majority didn't go on and wanted the pitch cleared.
    But selfies and all that are just part of modern life, eh?

I saw a large crowd which was a bit tardy getting off the pitch but hardly presenting any challenge to the polis.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Nah, your right. The pitch invasion was that bad it totally overshadowed the whole day for me. Hibs should probably hand the trophy back now in disgust.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Yes, which is somewhat different from the impression you gave in your 1st post.
    Eh ? I said he was "not too chuffed". Read the interview, I don't know what other impression you can get.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    The Hibs players I've spoken to loved the pitch invasion. Just saying like.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Typical of some on here If you give a different opinion that they gave you are either told to support another team of you already do. The main point I was making was that the pitch invasion only gave more ammunition to people who hate us and gave them something to take the gloss of our victory

I and by the way I have no intention of supporting any other team to please some idiot on here. I have been supporting Hibernian for over 50 years and a ST holder for most of that time And furthermore I have to travel over 500 miles round trip to see my team and on many occasions have to stay overnight in a hotel for Sunday KO,s or like Friday night

I was on the pitch and I'd do it 100 times over if I could. Nothing will beat that feeling of being on the Hampden pitch with the celebrating Hibs fans.

Quote Originally Posted by jackkennedy1 View Post
    I was on the pitch and I'd do it 100 times over if I could. Nothing will beat that feeling of being on the Hampden pitch with the celebrating Hibs fans.
    Good for you

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    The Hibs players I've spoken to loved the pitch invasion. Just saying like.
    I am sure they did, we will never know if they would also have enjoyed parading the cup at Hampden.

Quote Originally Posted by jackkennedy1 View Post
    I wasn't, but wish I was. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    Typical of some on here If you give a different opinion that they gave you are either told to support another team of you already do. The main point I was making was that the pitch invasion only gave more ammunition to people who hate us and gave them something to take the gloss of our victory

I and by the way I have no intention of supporting any other team to please some idiot on here. I have been supporting Hibernian for over 50 years and a ST holder for most of that time And furthermore I have to travel over 500 miles round trip to see my team and on many occasions have to stay overnight in a hotel for Sunday KO,s or like Friday night
    If Hibernian winning the Scottish cup was spoilt for you because some Hibs fans ran on the pitch then I would be seriously worried, yes. I couldn't give two hoots what other fans think of us, and it certainly didn't spoilt my day whether they talk badly of us or not.

Ps personal insults ain't big or clever either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Good for you
    Understatement of the century.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    I wasn't, but wish I was. 😂
    Me too, it's my one regret that day and since.

The pitch invasion was fine.

Fannies ripping up the pitch and destroying the goalposts was not.

Eh ? I said he was "not too chuffed". Read the interview, I don't know what other impression you can get.
    I've read it twice, and every negative comment is balanced with a positive one. Stubbs says what he needs to say but his memories are hardly tarnished by the pitch invasion. Your OP implies otherwise.

This debate has been done to the death about half a dozen times.

Can we not accept there are opposing views on it and just move on? At the end of the day its the greatest day in the clubs history and it does nothing to have fans continually arguing over it and create any kind of resentment.

To me it was very probably the best celebration by fans at a cup final win I've ever seen.

I vividly remember the huns coming onto the pitch in their hundreds at ER after they won the league with McCleish, helicopter sunday I believe it was so-called in 2004/5 season. I speculate if any hi bees had entered the pitch and attacked hun fans that the narrative run by the press would have been entirely contrasting to the narrative run by them on our special day of 21st May 2016. I'm pretty certain they would have run headlines of 'Celebratory Rangers Fans Attacked by Hooligan Hibs Fans' or something along those lines.

Remember too the msm headlines and pictures of 1977 when the Tartan Army wrecked the Goalposts and Turf at Wembley, the narrative was of 'joyous scenes'.

The vast majority of Hibernian supporters who similarly entered the pitch that glorious day of 21st May 2016 were similarly joyous and overcome with jubilation and celebration in mind.

If the thuggish huns had not come onto the pitch with fighting on their mind there would never have been any trouble whatsoever.

Fantastic scenes and a day most of us will never forget. So always look past the biased huns in the press who turned their guns on us because their idols the huns had been beaten fair and square by the better footballing team.

And I wasn't on the pitch but enjoyed watching my fellow supporters have a fine time on the pitch celebrating.

Glory Glory

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    To me it was very probably the best celebration by fans at a cup final win I've ever seen.

I vividly remember the huns coming onto the pitch in their hundreds at ER after they won the league with McCleish, helicopter sunday I believe it was so-called in 2004/5 season. I speculate if any hi bees had entered the pitch and attacked hun fans that the narrative run by the press would have been entirely contrasting to the narrative run by them on our special day of 21st May 2016. I'm pretty certain they would have run headlines of 'Celebratory Rangers Fans Attacked by Hooligan Hibs Fans' or something along those lines.

Remember too the msm headlines and pictures of 1977 when the Tartan Army wrecked the Goalposts and Turf at Wembley, the narrative was of 'joyous scenes'.

The vast majority of Hibernian supporters who similarly entered the pitch that glorious day of 21st May 2016 were similarly joyous and overcome with jubilation and celebration in mind.

If the thuggish huns had not come onto the pitch with fighting on their mind there would never have been any trouble whatsoever.

Fantastic scenes and a day most of us will never forget. So always look past the biased huns in the press who turned their guns on us because their idols the huns had been beaten fair and square by the better footballing team.

And I wasn't on the pitch but enjoyed watching my fellow supporters have a fine time on the pitch celebrating.

Glory Glory
    My sentiments exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This debate has been done to the death about half a dozen times.

Can we not accept there are opposing views on it and just move on? At the end of the day its the greatest day in the clubs history and it does nothing to have fans continually arguing over it and create any kind of resentment.