hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Pitch invasion: enhance of diminish the experience?

Voters
308. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tarnished - those Neds took the attention from team

94 30.52%
  • Enhanced - big fun & media/Hun reaction hilarious

105 34.09%
  • Neutral - insignificant in grand scheme of things

109 35.39%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really the answer I was looking for from my post, but, how much were hertz or Motherwell fined for the criminal activities that took place when there fans entered the field of play, and will Kilmarnock get a hefty fine for the criminal activities that took place during the pitch invasion at the end of this season.
    This 100%. And the SFA are well aware that Hibs ain't going to simply accept something which has no precedent.

We (the club) might be fined for damage, but are not responsible for the invasion.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Didn't vote. Would have gone for Tarnished,but strongly disagree with the pitch invaders being described as Neds by the original poster.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Not really the answer I was looking for from my post, but, how much were hertz or Motherwell fined for the criminal activities that took place when there fans entered the field of play, and will Kilmarnock get a hefty fine for the criminal activities that took place during the pitch invasion at the end of this season.
    Not bothered what happened to other Clubs, Hibs have been working tirelessly since Final day, dealing with the fallout, as opposed to revelling in our Cup win.......Hence the bans, the e-mails etc......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Would be saying enhanced if there hadn't been punches thrown/widespread damage, was absolute scenes seeing everyone pile onto the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    None of the above.

This is my view.

- Majority acted out of exuberance, minority acted stupidly and brought shame on the club, overall it gave an excuse to the MSM to demonise Hibs and the Support and take the focus off the win.

In retrospect, it would have been better if everybody had remained in the stands.
    Spot on.

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo
    I thought it was immense at first and the scenes on the pitch were brilliant. I would say though that i think it went on far too long and I would of loved to see the cup paraded.

I was not on the pitch, but I can understand it. Police nowhere to be seen.114 years.hyped up fans,media against us,tv pundits against us, euphoria emotions, BUT fans were on pitch too long. No need to piss huns off, even though they r **** of the earth.
    Never missed lap of honour as I xouldnae wait tae get back tae the Clerie tae celebrate. Actually, the pitch invasion was a highlight.zo f,g any hun pundit who said it wiz a disgrace.As has been said earlier I will b willing to pay towards any fund which pays our fine.
    Saul Goodman: I have to disagree with you to an extent, the minority were Hibs fans and always will be, as much as WE dont like it, its true.

Just back dae the US. Still emotional. Whi a f,n game, team, club.
    Again excuse spellin wee bit bevvied.
    Last edited by Phil MaGlass; 25-06-2016 at 08:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Hefty fine for criminal activities and damages......

How hefty is the fine we are getting?

Quickie. How can there b 120 % when it can only be100 in total

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I loved the pitch invasion, I just wished at the time they'd got of the pitch a bit quicker.
    It was always going to happen, would have been fine if they had stayed in our half.
    Tho sevco fans should never have been on the pitch!

Didn't vote.. Wasn't even on the park but enjoyed the scenes.. Will live with me for the rest of my life..

The pitch invasion didn't in any way spoil or tarnish the day for me. The few idiots who attacked players or went directly to the Hun fans can only ask themselves why they acted the way they did ...... utter morons whose bans from Easter Road will benefit us all.

The pitch invasion was inevitable in my opinion and so predictable the blame for failing to control it lies squarely at the door of the SFA and Police Scotland. The fact that the team didn't get to take the cup round was in my opinion the result of spite at what had happened ... by the time the cup was presented there was probably less than 100 Sevco fans in the ground and about 200 police and stewards on the byline at the Hibs end. There was no reason whatsoever by that time to keep the Hibs players in the stand apart from to teach the Hibs fans a lesson.

Like it or not, the pitch invasion will in years to come be seen as one of the things that made the day special compared to other Scottish cup finals and will become part of the clubs folklore.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    The pitch invasion didn't in any way spoil or tarnish the day for me. The few idiots who attacked players or went directly to the Hun fans can only ask themselves why they acted the way they did ...... utter morons whose bans from Easter Road will benefit us all.

The pitch invasion was inevitable in my opinion and so predictable the blame for failing to control it lies squarely at the door of the SFA and Police Scotland. The fact that the team didn't get to take the cup round was in my opinion the result of spite at what had happened ... by the time the cup was presented there was probably less than 100 Sevco fans in the ground and about 200 police and stewards on the byline at the Hibs end. There was no reason whatsoever by that time to keep the Hibs players in the stand apart from to teach the Hibs fans a lesson.

Like it or not, the pitch invasion will in years to come be seen as one of the things that made the day special compared to other Scottish cup finals and will become part of the clubs folklore.

GGTTH
    Even though it was condemned by our CEO?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Even though it was condemned by our CEO?
    Condemnation rarely affects history mate ...... The rights and wrongs of what happened will evaporate in the mists of time and all that will be remembered is that the Hibs fans were so overjoyed they invaded the pitch. Do you think Argentinian fitba fans look at their shoes every time somebody mentions that they beat England with a blatant piece of cheating every time the think of their world cup win in 1986.

Wonder if those that loved the invasion, will love it if Hibs cop a hefty fine?
    Could we cover any fine by charging £10 per head for the away season ticket.

Left by mutual consent!
    None of the above.

This is my view.

- Majority acted out of exuberance, minority acted stupidly and brought shame on the club, overall it gave an excuse to the MSM to demonise Hibs and the Support and take the focus off the win.

In retrospect, it would have been better if everybody had remained in the stands.
    When looking back on it, I couldn't believe what I was seeing and in all honesty it ruined a perfect day for the club, players and majority of fans who ended up booing the clowns on the park.

I have watched the game over and over and it is clearly visible it was on the cards after Sir David's winner. Had that been any other club we would be calling them thugs simple as, all this exuberance nonsense is exactly that, nonsense.

Nothing, but nothing can tarnish the memory of that glorious day in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopz View Post
    Could we cover any fine by charging £10 per head for the away season ticket.
    No, but the halfwits who ran on the pitch could buy a season ticket...that'd cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail View Post
    When looking back on it, I couldn't believe what I was seeing and in all honesty it ruined a perfect day for the club, players and majority of fans who ended up booing the clowns on the park.

I have watched the game over and over and it is clearly visible it was on the cards after Sir David's winner. Had that been any other club we would be calling them thugs simple as, all this exuberance nonsense is exactly that, nonsense.

Nothing, but nothing can tarnish the memory of that glorious day in my eyes.
    The only nonsense here is yours ..... you are tarring every Hibs fan who was on the pitch with the same brush. At a conservative estimate there must have been at least 3,000 on the pitch of which 99% caused no trouble whatsoever. The two kids with us ( both in their early teens ) were on the pitch and neither one of them has been in any bother in their lives. Sevco apologist bull**** mate

Testimonial Due
    Enhanced the experience. The only thing that diminished it was the rangers fans who joined us... Oh and Lee Wallace (grass)

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    The only nonsense here is yours ..... you are tarring every Hibs fan who was on the pitch with the same brush. At a conservative estimate there must have been at least 3,000 on the pitch of which 99% caused no trouble whatsoever. The two kids with us ( both in their early teens ) were on the pitch and neither one of them has been in any bother in their lives. Sevco apologist bull**** mate
    No one had any reason to be on the park, end of, including myself.

I ended up on the pitch after they opened the gates, it felt surreal. After wandering about for 5 minutes or so I thought what am I doing and returned to my seat, much to the annoyance of my kids who wanted to stay. Had I been on my own I wouldn't have been on the pitch, why would I? I celebrated the win like the vast majority did with no thought whatsoever of invading the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail View Post
    No one had any reason to be on the park, end of, including myself.

I ended up on the pitch after they opened the gates, it felt surreal. After wandering about for 5 minutes or so I thought what am I doing and returned to my seat, much to the annoyance of my kids who wanted to stay. Had I been on my own I wouldn't have been on the pitch, why would I? I celebrated the win like the vast majority did with no thought whatsoever of invading the pitch.
    Your post I quoted wasn't as measured as this one though was it. In the strict letter of the law there is never a reason for a fan to be on any pitch at any time, that is not and never has been the issue here. The question is what was the Hibs fans motivation for being on the pitch, was it an outpouring of joy and celebration, or was it to deliberately target Sevco players and goad their supporters? For the 'overwhelming' majority of Hibs fans who went onto the pitch the former is clearly the answer.

That being the case the use of the word 'exuberance' is entirely justified .... if you do not hold to that view then you must see a different reason for the pitch invasion, in which case what? You yourself say you were on the pitch along with your kids .... the fact that 5 minutes later you were covering yourself in sack cloth and ashes in bitter contrition is neither here nor there .... what is relevant is, what were you feeling when you ran on? Rage? a burning need to punch Lee Wallace? ...... or just happiness and excitement.

I'll lay a million quid to a cauld Easter Road pie that the latter is the answer and that mate is what we call exuberance .. its not hooliganism or badness and that is what happened on the 21st of May ..... exuberance is the perfect description of it, a description that is anything but nonsense.

To me it was the perfect day. Every Hibby I know thought it was a perfect day. Only on Hibs net I find some not happy. Deary me!

Left by mutual consent!
    Everybody seems to agree that the fan's who invaded the pitch but never crossed the halfway line were celebrating. So, the fan's who did run towards the huns and give it GIRFUY are not celebrating but behaving like neds? What about players who score a goal and run straight to the opposing fans and give it GIRFUY, are they neds? Have they spoilt their team's day?

FWIW the pitch invasion added to the wonderful day that saw Hibs win the Scottish Cup. Don't let the poisoned media take that away from us.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    How hefty is the fine we are getting?
    Not that hefty in my opinion. I think we'll agree to pay for the damage to the pitch and the goal posts as a gesture of good will. The rest is down to the match security, which we had no control over.

United we stand here....

TRFC, most of the media and Jambos with diet hun leanings all want it to have diminished the experience and that's been their agenda since the event. It didn't diminish it in the slightest for me.

Speaking to pals and workmates who support clubs other than the full fat and diets most,rightly or wrongly, were quite impressed with the pitch invasion. Most have found TRFCs actions including their attempt to take the moral high ground laughable / incredible.

I think most of us would agree that you cannot brand the bulk of the pitch invaders with the same tag that you can those who crossed the half way line and challenged huns to a pagger. That latter group have and will continue to be punished by the club and by the courts.

I wasn't on the pitch , age, being with family , two dodgy knees and being near the back of the stand meant it seemed all too much effort for me. If id been near the front id have quite possibly been on in celebratory fashion. I wouldn't however have stayed on for the length of time some did and going boxing with huns wouldn't have entered my mind.
    Last edited by Brizo; 26-06-2016 at 05:49 AM.

I just don't see the point in pitch invasions.

Everyone runs to get on in a state of high emotion, then has to queue to get over a fence or through a gate or whatever (surely at some point you question what the point is?), then run onto the pitch for a minute or 2 then what? Stands about wondering how to get back to your seat? Hug the people next to you and sing songs, which you could have done in the stand?

It didn't ruin the day for me at all but I've never seen the point in a pitch invasion and still don't.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Not that hefty in my opinion. I think we'll agree to pay for the damage to the pitch and the goal posts as a gesture of good will. The rest is down to the match security, which we had no control over.

What about the electronic advertising hoardings, where the damage is estimated in 10s of thousands?

Deliberate or not, some of our exuberant fans did real damage.

Thought it was class.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    What about the electronic advertising hoardings, where the damage is estimated in 10s of thousands?

Deliberate or not, some of our exuberant fans did real damage.
    The company that owns them (run by a Jambo by the way) is apparently looking for damages from SFA.

I doubt that there is as much damage as has been stated, and - as with all of this - what did Hibs do to cause or aid any damage?

In my view, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    The company that owns them (run by a Jambo by the way) is apparently looking for damages from SFA.

I doubt that there is as much damage as has been stated, and - as with all of this - what did Hibs do to cause or aid any damage?

In my view, nothing.
    Does the company not have insurance?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years