hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think your point about changing our game is probably correct judging by our signings. I’d say it looked like we were maybe going for a different style to try and replace our midfield three rather than like for like. End of the day though no matter what style of play you intend to play you still need someone with legs in there and that to me is the biggest thing that we’re missing - someone to get up and down the pitch and chase and harry the opposition.
    Good point and for all his obvious talents with the ball at his feet I think it’s becoming clear that what we miss most was the work rate McGinn gave us in the middle of the park and that should be top priority in January, as much as I’d like to see Allan in we need a worker first and foremost.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I think your point about changing our game is probably correct judging by our signings. I’d say it looked like we were maybe going for a different style to try and replace our midfield three rather than like for like. End of the day though no matter what style of play you intend to play you still need someone with legs in there and that to me is the biggest thing that we’re missing - someone to get up and down the pitch and chase and harry the opposition.
    Absolutely 100% with you on this point.

I think Garry Parker intimated that this is indeed what we are missing from our games this season, and that this type of player is high on our "must secure" list in January.

I'm quietly excited about who we presently might be scouting and who we might acquire.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 09-12-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Good point and for all his obvious talents with the ball at his feet I think it’s becoming clear that what we miss most was the work rate McGinn gave us in the middle of the park and that should be top priority in January, as much as I’d like to see Allan in we need a worker first and foremost.
    I'm with you on this point.

Bliss would be a McGinn type (muscle and fire) as well as Allan ( trickery and creativity)