hibs.net Messageboard

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely a new song for their visit is in order.
    (to the tune of that old favourite 'Oh ye cannae shove yer granny off the bus' !!)

OH YE CANNE GET A GAFFER COZ YE'RE ****/FILTH/*****/DEID/ ........................

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    That official statement is delusional. I would be surprised if the Rangers fans buy that one.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WalterSobzcek
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    The dignity of Her Majesty's Rangers. Basically saying McInnes doesn't have the bottle to take on the challenge. Desperately trying to save face -

'THERE has been a great deal of media speculation regarding the appointment of a new manager. We assure all supporters that they will be the first to know when we are certain we have someone with the correct qualities required by our club.

The Chairman made it clear at the AGM that the club did not consider there to be an outstanding candidate among those who had applied for the position and the club was therefore considering managers currently under contract. This requires permission from their present clubs.

The position of Rangers manager requires an ability to win football matches and the mentality to cope with the demanding off-pitch environment that goes with being the Rangers manager. This is a critical aspect of our assessment of any candidate during the interview process.

After the two games against Aberdeen, we requested permission to engage with their manager to assess his readiness and willingness to consider the Rangers position. This was declined. We were subsequently made aware by Aberdeen’s statement that, at this stage in his career, it would be best for him to remain in his current post. We endorse that position because moving to a massive club like Rangers is a big step with concomitant risk. We continue to consider candidates but will only appoint someone in whom we have full confidence and who feels he is ready for the job.

In the meantime, we have great confidence in Graeme Murty, who will continue as interim manager at least until the end of the year. The manner in which he has approached this task is a credit to himself and the club'.
    Every time I read one of their statements I think Kim Jong-Un wrote it

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboco#1 View Post
    concomitant risk

Billy WTF that mean
    Nae idea Jimmy.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    That statement is truly a thing of wonder and beauty; it is so lacking in class and dignity as to defy belief.

It is kindergarten level at best:

Child A invites Child B (most popular in class) to his 3rd birthday party and tells the whole class Child B will be coming.

Child B declines the invite.

Child A releases a statement saying Child B is horrible and smelly and I never wanted him to come to my party anyway.

The best thing is that any half-decent managers out there that might have had lingering thoughts of taking the job will run a mile now.
    The perfect analogy.

Must admit I didn't really think McInnes would be interested in working under a DOF.

Always comes across as an old school manager that like to be in charge of all, day to day issues with the team.

That and the fact he's probably been offered a fair whack by Milne to stay.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Club Statement

Thursday, 07 December 2017, 21:40by Rangers Football Club

THERE has been a great deal of media speculation regarding the appointment of a new manager. We assure all supporters that they will be the first to know when we are certain we have someone with the correct qualities required by our club.
    The Chairman made it clear at the AGM that the club did not consider there to be an outstanding candidate among those who had applied for the position and the club was therefore considering managers currently under contract. This requires permission from their present clubs.
    The position of Rangers manager requires an ability to win football matches and the mentality to cope with the demanding off-pitch environment that goes with being the Rangers manager. This is a critical aspect of our assessment of any candidate during the interview process.
    After the two games against Aberdeen, we requested permission to engage with their manager to assess his readiness and willingness to consider the Rangers position. This was declined. We were subsequently made aware by Aberdeen’s statement that, at this stage in his career, it would be best for him to remain in his current post. We endorse that position because moving to a massive club like Rangers is a big step with concomitant risk. We continue to consider candidates but will only appoint someone in whom we have full confidence and who feels he is ready for the job.
    In the meantime, we have great confidence in Graeme Murty, who will continue as interim manager at least until the end of the year. The manner in which he has approached this task is a credit to himself and the club.

Nice to see they have taken a leaf out of the Hearts/North Korea book. Utterly deluded.

Derek McInnes (tells Sevco to bolt)/Next The Rangers Manager Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    concomitant risk

Billy WTF that mean
    Nae idea Jimmy.
    Looked it up in the Dictionary snd still Nae idea what it means ,but the word Stress appeared ,and am guessing that as well as Football knowledge Man Management Skills etc The successful candidate h as also to be able to show they can do all that ,but also deal with the Stressfull Enviroment that is Ibrox ,under the current Regime ,and make all thier Delusional Fantasies come true in the next three years .
    But in the mean time we will leave the youth coach to deal with all the **** to save more money and hope Santa delivers someone who is concomitant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ronniekirk; 08-12-2017 at 07:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    That statement is truly a thing of wonder and beauty; it is so lacking in class and dignity as to defy belief.

It is kindergarten level at best:

Child A invites Child B (most popular in class) to his 3rd birthday party and tells the whole class Child B will be coming.

Child B declines the invite.

Child A releases a statement saying Child B is horrible and smelly and I never wanted him to come to my party anyway.

The best thing is that any half-decent managers out there that might have had lingering thoughts of taking the job will run a mile now.
    It's straight out the Trump playbook & they're addressing an audience with the same level of intellect, even concomitant! ��
    Last edited by brog; 08-12-2017 at 07:56 AM.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Book is closed again on skybet..

They will be paying out on Murty as I think most bookies pay out if a manager is in charge for 9 consecutive games.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    I was only joking about the baws.

I don't actually want them.

Lets thing of something else. I like winegums.
    Well wined yer gums roond this!

Don’t think it’s been mentioned in the media but surely it’s obvious that Rangers could not make a move for McInnes until the Pedro financial situation was rectified.It’s no coincidence that once it was announced he had a job they lurched into action.Clearly they have no money and reckoned they could take the cheapskate route and then McInnes would bite their hand off.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Every time I read one of their statements I think Kim Jong-Un's infant son wrote it
    Fixed that

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Reminds me of a time when a similarly names but now defunct club were told to bolt by both Alex Ferguson and Jim McLean. I think they turned to Jungle Jock Wallace back then
    IIRC Souness was the third choice who actually took the job.

I also remember hearing that McLean's assistant was gutted when Jim knocked them back - anyone remember the assistant's name?

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    IIRC Souness was the third choice who actually took the job.

I also remember hearing that McLean's assistant was gutted when Jim knocked them back - anyone remember the assistant's name?
    Was it Walter Smith back then?

Quote Originally Posted by bringbackbenny View Post
    Was it Walter Smith back then?
    Correct.

Also worth remembering that Eddie Turnbull knocked them back as well.

Not sure if he was Aberdeen or Hibs manager at the time but the great man informed Rangers directors in his usual style that he would not be dictated to as to who he could sign and that a player's family background or schooling was irrelevant. Any football director attempting to veto his signings could pick how they left the room, either by the door or through the window.

I believe that the meeting was over at that point.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    The answer was resign, we will pay your £800k that it’s costs for breaching contract and we will pay you the £800k to cover it.....................when we have it we will sign it over you you Derek.........Derek....... you still there.......cmon Derek.......... we ur the peeple mind!!!
    Agree, it was a version of this - hence McInnes's "I wasn't prepared to walk away".

What is it they say?

If you look like an idiot don't open your big gob and confirm it.

Advice a certain gentleman at The Rangers FC would have done well to heed.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    The statement reads as if written by a child. Had to smile when the writer refers to Rangers as ‘a massive club’ and is implying that it’s ‘too massive’ for McInnes! I bet the writer also thinks that they are ‘awesome’ and ‘sick’

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    The statement reads as if written by a child. Had to smile when the writer refers to Rangers as ‘a massive club’ and is implying that it’s ‘too massive’ for McInnes! I bet the writer also thinks that they are ‘awesome’ and ‘sick’
    And Rad

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Surely a new song for their visit is in order.
    "Massive club

Concomitent

Loadaypish

Arrogance

NA na na

na na na

Na na na na na na na "

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Now I've looked up the meaning of Concomitant [(c) Traynor] was this just a fancy way of saying if you succeed Celtic fans will put bricks through yer windaes or if you lose, our fans will?

Left by mutual consent!
    I feel that they're even losing their 'Arrogant' touch - they're too busy being 'Pitiful' !

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I’ve just waded through pages of the Bears Den and every post is slagging off the statement and the board. None of them are blaming McInnes.

Is this where the fans really turn on the board?

Can we expect another statement?!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I’ve just waded through pages of the Bears Den and every post is slagging off the statement and the board. None of them are blaming McInnes.

It’s a shame they have a relatively easy game tomorrow. A couple of back to back defeats for them, will turn the supporters on the Board

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    Fake account. Funny as though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Some have him a feard of the tarriers (no idea) and murty is the man. How the stuff in that forum gets allowed is crazy. I'm tempted to register as Jude with a picture of the fonz and Cup my ears to a post and see if they catch on.