hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maka

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar

Maka

The bashers will have a hard time trying to pick out any faults today with the lad. Although he wasn't troubled much, he always looked very comfortable.

Still... I'm sure someone will find something wrong with his performance today.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    He played well, commanded his area, won every ball he went for and made a terrific save just before half time. He looked confident and comfortable today. I wouldn't be surprised if Hughes sticks with him next week, whether Stack is fit again or not.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The bashers will have a hard time trying to pick out any faults today with the lad. Although he wasn't troubled much, he always looked very comfortable.

Gonnae no go fishing?

Best way for Maka to win folks over is to do what he did today and go on doing it. I just hope he signs and expension and plays the way he can do - he'll be Hibs and Belgian Number One in no time....

Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
    He played well, commanded his area, won every ball he went for and made a terrific save just before half time. He looked confident and comfortable today. I wouldn't be surprised if Hughes sticks with him next week, whether Stack is fit again or not.
    I like Stack. But I think it would be very harsh on Maka if he doesn't get a start next week. He earned it today IMO.

And yes, it was a cracking save. Could have reshaped the whole game.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
    I'd like to see him in next week, purely because he actually attacks crosses instead of standing on his line inviting headers.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Gonnae no go fishing?

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He didn't have a lot to do but when he was called upon he dealt with things well, that save just before half time was brilliant and so crucial

He more than deserves to keep his place for next week

Gamer IDs

I like Stack. But I think it would be very harsh on Maka if he doesn't get a start next week. He earned it today IMO.

And yes, it was a cracking save. Could have reshaped the whole game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milky View Post
    I'd like to see him in next week, purely because he actually attacks crosses instead of standing on his line inviting headers.

NOT a good idea to drop a keeper who's kept a clean sheet....

First Team Breakthrough BigBamba's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HIBEE09
    Unfortunately I could only listen to the game on the radio but before the game had even started they were making out as if it was a disaster i was getting so p*ssed off listening to it! wonder if anyone knows who was making these comments?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBamba View Post
    Unfortunately I could only listen to the game on the radio but before the game had even started they were making out as if it was a disaster i was getting so p*ssed off listening to it! wonder if anyone knows who was making these comments?
    It would no doubt be that erse Preston.

Left by mutual consent!

The Maka today was the Maka I know will be priceless for us What a difference to a goalie that's stuck to his line. You would have to say that it would be impossible for a goalie to get through 90 mins without some kind of mishap .... But that was faultless today. Well done my boy..

Ten posts now and all very complimentary towards Maka today. Well done to the lad!

Could the admins now lock this thread down before we get drawn into another ten page repeat of last week's epic debate on the merits, skin-colour etc etc of our two main keepers?

Cheers!

Gamer IDs

Cowan was one.

Maka needs to realise that he has it in him to be a very good keeper indeed - he ahs all the physical equipment; he needs to learn to cut out the chance-taking and work on his concentration and decision-making.

I really think Scott Thomson'll make a big difference to him if he stays at ER another couple of seasons.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

What a load of complete bollox. I am happy as a pig in *****, we won, we apparently played well, and our keeper kept a clean sheet. What is there to complain about tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    What a load of complete bollox. I am happy as a pig in *****, we won, we apparently played well, and our keeper kept a clean sheet. What is there to complain about tonight?
    The fact that we get some bawbags on here that just love to rip into certain players, even when they play well.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    that's enough to have spoiled the weekend of more than a few "supporters" I would imagine G.

Maka was excellent today. I think the most important thing was he cut out the theatrics and showboating and seemed to have very high levels of concentration for 90 mins. It's almost like he decided he was going to be a safe pair of hands rather than a big personality. Agreed he will be very hard to drop on this form.

Coaching Staff
    Maka was excellent today and as we tried to say last week when some were getting a bit hysterical credit will be given when it is due in the same way as criticism is.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    that's enough to have spoiled the weekend of more than a few "supporters" I would imagine G.
    I dont buy that, i know you said it in jest, but i'm sure there will be some who do think that. The only thing i'm gutted about, is i could not make the game today. Also i'm so happy for Maka, as i have said many times, there is a decent keeper in there, he needs to make saves like he made today, and not have lapses of concentration like last week. If he can rid his game of that, he has a future in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Maka was excellent today. I think the most important thing was he cut out the theatrics and showboating and seemed to have very high levels of concentration for 90 mins. It's almost like he decided he was going to be a safe pair of hands rather than a big personality. Agreed he will be very hard to drop on this form.

Maka was excellent today and its great that we have two goalkeepers who are a safe pair of hands. last season maka made a number of mistakes that he has cut out in the games he has played. Maybe it was jones who made him nervous as it was apparent that he had no confidence in Maka. Also getting dropped may be the best thing to happen to him as it may have focused him more and we are now seeing the results. Keep it up maka

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Nae smiling from Maka today !!
    Frowning constantly and looked very assured.

Keep frowning Maka. I'm loving it !

He looks hard as nails when he is serious
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    The home support, therefore, would not have been too pleased to hear that he had failed to shake off a back injury and Yves Ma-Kalambay would be back between the sticks
    taken from the BBC match report.

Gamer IDs

By hibee_girl:

Quote: The home support, therefore, would not have been too pleased to hear that he had failed to shake off a back injury and Yves Ma-Kalambay would be back between the sticks.

taken from the BBC match report.

Well, some of us weren't too pleased....

But it isn't exactly impartial and objective reporting, is it?

Outstanding save just before half time today to keep us one nil up at half time or it could have been totally different had motherwell got back to 1 - 1 . Added to last weeks finger tip save against falkirk that i dont think Stack would have reached i feel the big man has really played a huge part in the 6 points we have collected in the last 2 games. Constantly shouted instructions to the back 4 today as well which shows his confidence is growing as well.

Well done Maka

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    You say this in jest but the sad thing is there will be a few on here who will be gutted they cannot get ripped into Maka.

Never mind though guys theres always next week and I am sure you will all be hoping for some little crumb of a mistake by Maka.

Heres hoping the big man keeps playing like today and shoves it right up the Maka Haters GGTTH

Left by mutual consent!
    He was good today..

They rarely threatened but what he had to deal with he did it very well..

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar

You must be joking!

Guy on front of me in the West Lower actually shouted at him late in the second half, when he stroked a short pass to Bamba (who clearly wanted the ball!) on the edge of the penalty box, yelling (and I'm not overstating the type of shout it was) "typical of that useless clown - put a player in trouble rather than punt it up the park!"

Maka proved today that he can be the no 1 Hibs keeper for a long time if he delivers that type of performance most weeks (or should I say EVERY week for the "fairweather" fans and the (many) fans at games who clearly know little about the game)!

Well done Maka! Keep proving these doubters wrong buddy!
    Last edited by TornadoHibby; 05-12-2009 at 08:21 PM.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    I heard that on the way to the game and phoned the BBC to see if they would let me speak to Richard Gordon to complain about that twat Cowan saying something like "Maka came on at half time last week and had the fans like gibbering wrecks by full time so goodness knows how they will get on today"!

Needless to say, I didn't get through to Gordon!

No wonder the many who post on here who don't go to games perpetuate the myths that these idiots come out with!

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post
    You must be joking!

Guy on front of me in the West Lower actually shouted at him late in the second half, when he stroked a short pass to Bamba (who clearly wanted the ball!) on the edge of the penalty box, yelling "and I'm not overstating the type of shout it was) "typical of that useless clown - put a player ion trouble rather than punt it up the park!

Maka proved today that he can be the no 1 Hibs keeper for a long time if he delivers that type of performance most weeks (or should I say EVERY week for the "fairweather" fans and the (many) fans at games who clearly know little about the game)!

Well done Maka! Keep proving these doubters wrong buddy!
    Did you even read my post.