hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My take is we literally just miss an SJM. Nobody wants to show for the ball, take it and drive... Hopefully we've got that in Milligan. How many minutes did we spend pissing about in our own half passing, getting to half way line and doing F all? With McGinn in the team, automically give him the ball and we move forward.
    Spot on ... said same to mates today ..... SJM used to drive the whole team forward .... massive miss from the team ... not only him but Dylan and Scotty Allan as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Not a penalty for me.

Never ever a penalty. If he gives that then he surely has to give the one right before full time when Efe booted Broadfoot in our box.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Hes done nothing wrong? Even Lennon saw that and subbed him. Whittaker was awful today and is far too pedestrian to play in midfield now.
    I think Lennon wanted to get Milligan on for the last 15-20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. ****gy View Post
    At 2-2 you don’t just put guys on to get them game time. You put them on because you think they will improve us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    At 2-2 you don’t just put guys on to get them game time. You put them on because you think they will improve us.

Which they did and we went on to win the game

Hyndman was poor today as well. Type of performance Slivka puts in. He’s a tidy player but not enough bite to him.

Slivka offers plenty, no idea why he is being drawn into this. Would've done better than Hyndman today easily.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. ****gy View Post
    he was always getting the last bit of the game today. Anyone could’ve predicted that.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    he was always getting the last bit of the game today. Anyone could’ve predicted that.
    that doesnt suit some peoples agendas though

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    We won. That’s all that ever matters.

Follow the Hibs for thrills and spills.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Thread is only 12 pages long so we must have won the game. I wasn't able to watch it so I'm assuming that Whittaker has been judged to have been rank (or pish in the .net vernacular).
    Gash is the term you're looking for.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Hes done nothing wrong? Even Lennon saw that and subbed him. Whittaker was awful today and is far too pedestrian to play in midfield now.
    That’s a a ridiculous assessment of Whittaker today ..he was one of our best man in the first half ..Tired in the second half ..cant understand how anyone couldn’t give him credit for his shift today ...

Watch sport scene tomorrow and then say that. He is far too passive marking his man on both Killie goals. You can’t be at fault on two goals and say it’s been a good days work.

Whittaker was never to blame for the two goals today. The issue was the amount of times Lewis was left exposed due to Horgan’s lack of support for him defensively. I’m not sure what Lennon did at half-time but that door was pretty firmly closed for Killie in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    That’s a a ridiculous assessment of Whittaker today ..he was one of our best man in the first half ..Tired in the second half ..cant understand how anyone couldn’t give him credit for his shift today ...

I’m really sorry but I have to disagree.

I thought killie were def the better team for most of first half.

Our midfield of Hyndman (who was anonymous all day) and Whittaker were over run.

Kamberi looked off the pace on his own and looked far more confident when Maclaren came on.

Milligan appeared to organise things in the midfield, he looks a solid acquisition.

However it’s a work in progress. We won the game not playing anywhere near our best.

Onwards and upwards

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post

Our midfield of Hyndman (who was anonymous all day) and Whittaker were over run.

Kamberi looked off the pace on his own and looked far more confident when Maclaren came on.

Milligan appeared to organise things in the midfield, he looks a solid acquisition.

However it’s a work in progress. We won the game not playing anywhere near our best.

Onwards and upwards

fair enough have your view...I actually agree the midfield were overrun in the first half..but Whittaker was on his own when they had the ball..The others (Boyle, Horgan, Mallan and Hyndman) were not working back without the ball. They were decent going forward but nowhere when Killie broke forward. Whittaker was left isolated, but that doesn't suit those who want to castigate him (not suggesting you by the way).. Lennon was happy with Whittaker today, congratulated him when he came off.

Going forward we looked much better didn't;t we...losing 2 goals a game is going to leave us win the middle of the league..not where we want to be..Need to start getting clean sheets. Milligan will help.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post

Onwards and upwards
    Our midfield may have struggled in teh first half but you can't blame Whittaker for that just because the others were not pulling their weight. Mallan made two telling contributions with a goal and an assist but offered little else, Hyndman was anonymous, Horgan tricky on the ball but poor going the other way and Boyle looked like he needed a good nights rest. For the first 30-35 minutes I thought Whittaker was the best player on the park. He struggled in the second half but that says as much about what he put into the first rather than his legs going. Horgan fades in games too and he is much younger. Whittaker could be a useful squad play as Milligan looked to be far more comfortable deep in our half and there were a couple of times where he made runs back into our box when our centre half was dragged out of position. That will stop a good few goals being leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    fair enough have your view...I actually agree the midfield were overrun in the first half..but Whittaker was on his own when they had the ball..The others (Boyle, Horgan, Mallan and Hyndman) were not working back without the ball. They were decent going forward but nowhere when Killie broke forward. Whittaker was left isolated, but that doesn't suit those who want to castigate him (not suggesting you by the way).. Lennon was happy with Whittaker today, congratulated him when he came off.

Going forward we looked much better didn't;t we...losing 2 goals a game is going to leave us win the middle of the league..not where we want to be..Need to start getting clean sheets. Milligan will help.
    Agree with your comments bigwheel, not enough ball winners in the middle today, Whittaker was composed and another solid game.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    My take is we literally just miss an SJM. Nobody wants to show for the ball, take it and drive... Hopefully we've got that in Milligan. How many minutes did we spend pissing about in our own half passing, getting to half way line and doing F all? With McGinn in the team, automically give him the ball and we move forward.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    I'LL be amazed if hyndman is here beyond January
    Spot on mate. Whitaker was good first half but could have done better for the 2nd goal

Hyndman was non existent

You simply can't play 3 attacking midfielders and expect Whittaker to do all the graft himself, it's no wonder we get overrun, I said as much in my 1st post on this thread. By the sound of it Whittaker was doing it all himself, Slivka or Milligan was needed to give him help. This is now a good few games where Lennon has got it wrong at the start and had to change it, sometimes too late or the players just not good enough. Unless he starts getting it right from the off it's gonba be a long season with lots of moans and grumbles.

First Team Breakthrough TheCabbage's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ram2212
    I actually think the 2 goals were down to a back 4 instead of 3 or a 5.
    Lewis looked like he was still a wing back and thought Hanlon was still in behind to provide cover.
    Took him a while to readjust imo

Why do we keep shipping 2 goal leads?

@hibs.net private member Silversand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCabbage View Post
    I actually think the 2 goals were down to a back 4 instead of 3 or a 5.
    Lewis looked like he was still a wing back and thought Hanlon was still in behind to provide cover.
    Took him a while to readjust imo
    Just what I said at the game today, too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    You simply can't play 3 attacking midfielders and expect Whittaker to do all the graft himself, it's no wonder we get overrun, I said as much in my 1st post on this thread. By the sound of it Whittaker was doing it all himself, Slivka or Milligan was needed to give him help. This is now a good few games where Lennon has got it wrong at the start and had to change it, sometimes too late or the players just not good enough. Unless he starts getting it right from the off it's gonba be a long season with lots of moans and grumbles.
    Yup agreed...as I posted earlier he really needs to get his starting 11 sorted...too many games where we are looking out of shape and needing to subs to change things around. Not all his fault due to injuries and work permit issues etc but he needs to start getting a settled and the correct starting 11

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Whittaker was very good today.
    By far and away our best player in the first half, can't understand some of the comments about him. Second half not so good but still not as bad as some are making out.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Slivka offers plenty, no idea why he is being drawn into this. Would've done better than Hyndman today easily.

Maybe he would but he’s not done it so far this season.

I like Slivka but if he doesn’t realise that it’s time for him to stake his place and force his way into the starting 11 then he never will.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Good post.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Yup agreed...as I posted earlier he really needs to get his starting 11 sorted...too many games where we are looking out of shape and needing to subs to change things around. Not all his fault due to injuries and work permit issues etc but he needs to start getting a settled and the correct starting 11

We also have a lot of new players and lost our preferred midfield trio from last season. We fans need to be patient. I’m confident we’ll see things settle down over the next 4-5 games.

I missed today's game, what formation did we finish with?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Good post.
    Thanks